Working at NVIDIA/ATI

Half a year ago, I was more or less unofficially queried by few ATI workers, If I still have passion and possibility to join to ATI Europe if that kind of situation would been made possible. At that moment, as being soon get a permanent place from where I work right now (business wise, big non IT company, with need of specialized software available nowhere) I had to say "no" at least right now.

working in a big company, that does not have your knowledge as business critical division, gives you certain freedoms, like doing your job whenever you like, and just the way you like. In Negative side, you r job won't be as "cool" as it would be in hype companies and the paycheck is smaller. (but then again, you don't need to do 25 hours a day. 16 will be enough. ;) )

In any case, it was really nice to notice that my name really is recognized and remembered. :)

Well... I think that your knowledge could become core business in every company, also in that you don't like to stay in. And then I think I'd prefer to work hundreds times in Nvidia or ATI and doing the same adding the passion that help to make your work better. I think that when YOU want to arrive early in the morning and stay late at the evening because you beleive in what the company make.. well.. this is work!

Well... I think that your knowledge could become core business in every company, also in that you don't like to stay in. And then I think I'd prefer to work hundreds times in Nvidia or ATI and doing the same adding the passion that help to make your work better. I think that when YOU want to arrive early in the morning and stay late at the evening because you beleive in what the company make.. well.. this is work!

I think I have shown my passion here... more than once. Did it take me somewhere? well, yes, kind of.. I do have something that majority thinks being non-existant, but did it make me more happy? did it really drive thru the revolution some of us saw coming? No, not by far. (to the second question, right answer would be shit happens. Too bad the lightning struck twice in the same spot in my case.)

Nowadays it's more important to me have regular life with steady paycheck, instead of driving in the edge revolutionary stuff. Still this does not mean I wouldn't be respected at work. I still do revolutionary things, the scale is just quite different. If we make set of tools that drops sales team needed time from 2 months to just 1 week, I think we can talk about software that will revolutionalize contract cycles.

oh... about something coming as core business... I don't see 3 men software development team driving thru such an excelent software that it could be sold outside. In company that core business is Pulp and Paper Factory Design and Development and having total workforce of 10000 persons.

Thank you, Beyond3D staff, for provding the icon I've wanted for these many years!

Is it possible to have an icon preselected? :D

I think I have shown my passion here... more than once. Did it take me somewhere? well, yes, kind of.. I do have something that majority thinks being non-existant, but did it make me more happy? did it really drive thru the revolution some of us saw coming? No, not by far. (to the second question, right answer would be shit happens. Too bad the lightning struck twice in the same spot in my case.)

Nowadays it's more important to me have regular life with steady paycheck, instead of driving in the edge revolutionary stuff. Still this does not mean I wouldn't be respected at work. I still do revolutionary things, the scale is just quite different. If we make set of tools that drops sales team needed time from 2 months to just 1 week, I think we can talk about software that will revolutionalize contract cycles.

oh... about something coming as core business... I don't see 3 men software development team driving thru such an excelent software that it could be sold outside. In company that core business is Pulp and Paper Factory Design and Development and having total workforce of 10000 persons.
Yes I know what you mean. Surely make a good life without following dreams of glory will be an option that everyone before or after will choice but for me I'd like so much nowdays to feel myself completed having a work like that.

This is a pretty strange thread:LOL:
oookay, I can fix that...

[size=+1]THEY WILL DELIVER![/size]

[size=-2]now just someone posts something provocative from Bitboys or Matrox and we are back in regular (flamewar) business again. ;)[/size]

And has Kristof even been back to say "Thank you, Beyond3D staff, for provding the icon I've wanted for these many years." Noooooo..

Some people have a busy job you know... anyway:

THANK YOU ! about time... ;)

K-

Pfft BitBoys... now owned by ATI.... now owned by AMD....

...but still very live and kickin' as own subsidiary: http://www.bitboys.com

When ATI releases it's next mobile chip/core that has SVG 1.2 Tiny hardware support, you will got your "Bitboys" hardware ;) , eventhough it's mostlikely not stated anywhere as a one. (And why should it? Stating stuff like that has no market value what so ever.) [size=-2]I might be quiet, but that does not mean I would be completely dropped out from watching this world.[/size]

...but still very live and kickin' as own subsidiary: http://www.bitboys.com

When ATI releases it's next mobile chip/core that has SVG 1.2 Tiny hardware support, you will got your "Bitboys" hardware ;) , eventhough it's mostlikely not stated anywhere as a one. (And why should it? Stating stuff like that has no market value what so ever.) [size=-2]I might be quiet, but that does not mean I would be completely dropped out from watching this world.[/size]

Why are not you waiting for Pyramid3D or Glaze3D? :p :D

Back