Killzone PS3.. in 07?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chances of that are somewhere between 0 and 0.

Don't be so sure about that :LOL:

Halo 2 was a HUGE disappointment visual wise IMO. I have a feeling that the same will happen with Halo 3.

next time I will just shup up as putting a massive bolded "if" in my sentence is not enough for ppl to twist my words or put in my mouth something I never thought/wrote/implied

next time I will just shup up as putting a massive bolded "if" in my sentence is not enough for ppl to twist my words or put in my mouth something I never thought/wrote/implied

I was just wondering the point of your statement, since we know that 'IF' will never happen.

Might as well say "IF" Halo ships at 10FPS it will bomb. Since that will never happen, what's the point of the statement?

Chances of that are somewhere between 0 and 0.

Assen makes a good point, a great example of this is MGS2. Huge sales, but people were dissapointed with the game in general, as a result MGS3 sales suffered despite being a much better game.

AAA sequals can get by on hype alone, but only for one game.

Good example and true , but wasn't Halo 2 disappointment to a lot of people ?

As long as a single line of casual PR can create a thread you can rest assured that this game retains the hype that MGS2 once had.

As long as a single line of casual PR can create a thread you can rest assured that this game retains the hype that MGS2 once had.

Ummm....no. The hype for MGS2 was due to MGS1 being an awesome game for it's time.

KZ has no real hype outside the internet. It was a B level game that most people have never heard of, let alone played. I'm sure it will have fairly strong hype due to Sony pushing it hard, and the infamous trailer, but not even in the same stratosphere as a Halo, MGS, or GT.

We will check next year what is going happen.

So you honestly think the game could ship with it's current graphics? After the dev team has repeatedly stated it has placeholder textures, and explicitly labelled as pre-alpha WIP?

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but whatever floats your boat!

Killzone on PS2 was exactly that, Killzone on PS2 Gorrilla Game's pushed the PS2 a little further then it wanted to go. With PS3 thing's could be alot different.

Killzone basically got its reputation for being the PS2s' Gears of War, though more through impressive graphics and sound than through gameplay. It just looked and sounded amazing.

So you honestly think the game could ship with it's current graphics? After the dev team has repeatedly stated it has placeholder textures, and explicitly labelled as pre-alpha WIP?

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but whatever floats your boat!
It seems to me that the problem with its graphics don't lie with models nor textures.. but as I said..we'll see..

Ummm....no. The hype for MGS2 was due to MGS1 being an awesome game for it's time.

KZ has no real hype outside the internet. It was a B level game that most people have never heard of, let alone played. I'm sure it will have fairly strong hype due to Sony pushing it hard, and the infamous trailer, but not even in the same stratosphere as a Halo, MGS, or GT.

Correction still is :p

Well killzone hadn't any hype either outside the internet and In terms of sales ( to my surprise) killzone did pretty damn good especially in Europe where it did pass 1 million mark.

Killzone basically got its reputation for being the PS2s' Gears of War, though more through impressive graphics and sound than through gameplay. It just looked and sounded amazing.

Not all levels looked good, the game had inconsistent graphics same goes for the AI.

Where do you think the problem lies?

*warning: opinion * (for bad rep gun jumpers)

Art direction ? frankly, halo graphic team doesn't reach the knees of GOW 's.
Bad and obvious art ,with the color palette of a 4 years child ,and funky shaders?

*warning: opinion * (for bad rep gun jumpers)

Art direction ? frankly, halo graphic team doesn't reach the knees of GOW 's.
Bad and obvious art ,with the color palette of a 4 years child ,and some funky shaders.

But didn't that apply to the first 2 games as well? Both of which scored very high graphically with reviewers and gamers alike?

Obviously Halo's art style or colour palette is not holding it back from success!! If these are the 'problems' Nao is referring too, I'd have to disagree that it will affect the success of the final game.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to me that the problem with its graphics don't lie with models nor textures.. but as I said..we'll see..

Strange, I'd say it's the opposite and better artwork would help a lot...

If Bungie are aiming on E3 teasers grapghics then I have no proble with either art direction or technical quality. I have a weird feeling that some people want Halo 3 to flop.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back