The LAST R600 Rumours & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well who was surprised at this?

AMD's R600 missed the Christmas sales, they missed Vista's launch (DX10 inflection point), and now they have missed the expected Q1 window!

Late becomes.... very late :(

AMD(ATI) could of relly given NV a 'bloody nose' with R600 in Q1 prob having better Vista drivers at launch then NV's on G80.

But slipping into Q2 gives NV the time to get their Vista driver 'up to speed/scratch' a missed opportunity indeed.

Well who was surprised at this?

AMD's R600 missed the Christmas sales, they missed Vista's launch (DX10 inflection point), and now they have missed the expected Q1 window!

Late becomes.... very late :(

Don't forget no DX10 application out, but in the other side ATi need faster dx9 performance, x1950xtx not enough for HD gaming, and its very expensive too.

R600 will be released.... When it's done ....

OMFG, and I still remember when b3d visitors were excited and waited for R400...wait, it became R500, then R600 ...

After multiple delays I'm starting to think that if R600 had been (overall) faster than G80 we would be able to buy one now/soon.
Obviously I might be completely wrong, just a gut feeling corroborated by some 'historical facts' about past GPUs stories..
I'm just hoping this is not an 'history repeating again' case

Well 2 possibilities i would say:

- too slow compared to G80
- Last minute discovered bug in the chip (6-8 more weeks for a respin)

Choose ;)

Dear ATI,

I'm just about fed up. I have been waiting since November for you guys to release the card. You missed out on so many oppertunities, it's almost as if you do not give a rats ass anymore. I'm on my last straw now, and I will happliy wait just this one last time. I truly thought this would be your come back year.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20070221023825.html

“To better align our strategy with current market opportunities, we’ve changed the launch plan for R600. We are going to deliver a competitive configuration to market with an extremely attractive combination of performance, features and pricing, targeting a broader market segment in Q2,” a statement by the company reads.

FYI, your market strategy blows.

Last edited by a moderator:
After multiple delays I'm starting to think that if R600 had been (overall) faster than G80 we would be able to buy one now/soon.
Obviously I might be completely wrong, just a gut feeling corroborated by some 'historical facts' about past GPUs stories..
I'm just hoping this is not an 'history repeating again' case

The problem is this news coming like a cold winter tornado, no one see any sign about this delay before.
Maybe someone sending fake emails from AMD? ;)

The ATI Tool guy says this:

The reason is that their R600 Series is not where they want it to be yet, so they decided to move the launch to be able to deliver a competitive product.

http://www.techpowerup.com/?25870

Sounds like R600 doesn't have the horse power to compete vs G80 after all, so lets tweak it (OC it to the moon!) a bit more.

I'm sad now. I hope Stalker will run okidoki on my X1950. :smile:

Nope, they would have released it sooner if it was the case ;)

According to marc from HFR, the card is delayed for more than 1 month...

Sounds like R600 doesn't have the horse power to compete vs G80 after all, so lets tweak it (OC it to the moon!) a bit more.

Don't be sad, AMD is just a money hungry company than all others, but from user side we need a competative product, or the prices going high.

I not understand this, why AMD just now (after invited editors to the editors day, and ~20 days before launch) find out the GPU not have enough performance?

The reason is that their R600 Series is not where they want it to be yet, so they decided to move the launch to be able to deliver a competitive product.
Or it sounds like R600's performacne per watt is a horror.

I think, ATi can leak some R600 specs and we help them to find the bottleneck. :)

Perhaps they just found out that the other side had something up their sleeves for Cebit, that would hurt the R600 launch.

My personal opinion howver is that RV610 and RV630 are again "not better" then 8300/8600 and they need the "victory" of the R600 over G80 to cover-up that fact during launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back