The LAST R600 Rumours & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geo

Mostly Harmless
Legend
New year, fresh thread. Hopefully the last rumors thread before release.

Some history
The ATI R600 Rumours & Speculation Centrum
Huddy says R600
Xbit: This report is the standard for where "64 shaders" comes from.
B3D on 80nm.
B3D on 512-bit to external memory
B3D on Xenos heritage
Tech Report suggesting Dave Orton said "96 shaders" for R600. However, actual quote was "next generation", which might leave the door open that he was referring to a 65nm refresh rather than R600.
Roughly 6 pages of talking about reported claimed die shots starting at #674 here
Site claiming to have an R600 listing specs and "testing" results. Sober and considered opinion of B3D staff concerning the claimed specs: "Pttthhhppptt!" DailyTech finding site credible.
CJ's leaked specs discussing timeframes, prices and performance estimations on this very thread.
Henri Richard promises Q1 for R600 launch
AMD sets Tech Day for R600
Beyond3D and Xbit report R600 pushed to Q2.

Sober and considered opinion of B3D staff concerning the claimed specs: "Pttthhhppptt!"
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Oh, don't forget to add that it's rumoured to be coming out on a GREEN pcb! :oops:

Oh come on, he's gotta be a regular on this site, I just mentioned a few pages ago, in the 'old' thread, that the (level505) site never mentioned any heat dissipation and power consumption, and well, what do you know:

Update - Server Migration

We are currently migrating our servers to better serve you. Please excuse the short downtime we had today. We will update our article in about 10 hours with the R600 Ultra-HD resolution test and advanced information regarding power consumption and heat dissipation.

Funny coincidence eh?

Oh come on, he's gotta be a regular on this site, I just mentioned a few pages ago, in the 'old' thread, that the (level505) site never mentioned any heat dissipation and power consumption, and well, what do you know:
Funny coincidence eh?

They did mention "* 230W PCI-SIG Compliance" though

I was discussing about the posiibilities of R600 given how powerful G80 seems to be with a friend. Is it know the release date? I have been hearing end of january and march around here, can someone clrarify?

I was discussing about the posiibilities of R600 given how powerful G80 seems to be with a friend. Is it know the release date? I have been hearing end of january and march around here, can someone clrarify?

Guesses go from Jan 22th to Jan 30th, to sometime in february to late march release just to keep it officially Q1 release.

Supposedly R600 has been pushed back to Q2 according to the same source that came with previous GPU news. This news was told to him today by contacts in Taiwan. He forgot to ask if this was for R600 in general or for the GDDR3 or GDDR4 version. A couple of weeks ago ATI told him that R600 would be launched in February.

So this kinda contradicts the newsreports of a January launch from that Level505 site that leaked 'R600 info'. Or AMD (or his Taiwan contacts) might be feeding him with misinformation this time around. ;)

On a sidenote, RS690 and RS690c are sampling now, and MP will start in February, but due to some productionproblems (reason not stated) the real volume production will be in H2. This chip is faster than nV's C61.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back