The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's fairly certain that they will not be adding any more tracks or cars to GT5P.

The only improvements will be to the game engine not the content.

Of course they will. They allready said they would, and they have been doing it ever since this thing came out in japan. The originial EU version had 40cars. Now we got 70ish. We have gotten new tracks aswell. They hinted for a damage update in the fall, along with new cars etc.

Photos and videos of the track in GT5P and you think it's unlikely?

Would you believe me if I told you the sky was blue?
They've had them for a long time, even before GT5P came out, yet still they aren't in the game.

Everyone knows they have special versions for events/dealerships but that doesn't mean they are going to add them to the game.

Yesterday I saw one of the replay modes that I hadn't noticed before. The roof cam with the fisheye lens and motion blur. I'm wondering how the fisheye distortion was done... the resolution is noticably lower, so it's probably a 2D warping effect being applied. The motion blur looks hot, wish there was a way to have that in-game (I'd settle for a 30fps mode).

I kept coming in second place, so I switched to the dashboard view so that I could guage the wind resistance more easily and draft more effectively. Came in first place shortly after the adjustment, I thought it was cool that the cockpit view was something more than a showy gimmick.

Agreed. I usually switch between the hood cam and in-dash. Hood cam doesn't obstruct any of the track, but with the in-dash view you are actually centered inside the car, and it feels more natural.

Yesterday I saw one of the replay modes that I hadn't noticed before. The roof cam with the fisheye lens and motion blur. I'm wondering how the fisheye distortion was done... the resolution is noticably lower, so it's probably a 2D warping effect being applied. The motion blur looks hot, wish there was a way to have that in-game (I'd settle for a 30fps mode)..

Do a few laps in London and then watch the replay with that camera. It's amazing. :oops:

Holy ... This is pretty crazy big!

The value of the prizes (among others for tax purposes) is estimated at:
(Silverstone Event): € 9000
(Program for obtaining International Racing License / MSA): € 132.000
(Taking part in the 24-hour of Dubai event): € 75.000

I don't think I've ever seen anything that big related to game prizes, certainly not in the West (South Korea is something else).

Seeking advice on the A-Class races.

I need a car for the Muscle Car event and im not sure which one to pick.

Also, what would be an easy money making race(im not in S-Class yet ;) ). For me, the A-1 Daytona Oval race seems to be the fastest and easiest(20k), though theres a similar race in B-Class only with less money (12.5k?) and 2 fewer laps (3 as opposed to 5).

Seeking advice on the A-Class races.

I need a car for the Muscle Car event and im not sure which one to pick.

Also, what would be an easy money making race(im not in S-Class yet ;) ). For me, the A-1 Daytona Oval race seems to be the fastest and easiest(20k), though theres a similar race in B-Class only with less money (12.5k?) and 2 fewer laps (3 as opposed to 5).

I did timetrails challenges for money, you only need one lap and the money is very good per minute on some tracks.

Just a question, is navigating (loading) through menus and modes in GT5P faster than it was on GT4?

...if so, is it faster than Forza 1 or Forza 2 also?

Just a question, is navigating (loading) through menus and modes in GT5P faster than it was on GT4?

...if so, is it faster than Forza 1 or Forza 2 also?

I find it just as "fast" as in GT4, only there are fewer options. It also kinda loads a bit much when your going through menus in GT5P.

Forza is faster in this regard but i like GT4 menu setups much better than Forza 1 &2

Im still stuck in A-Class races because I still havent picked a Muscle Car :LOL:

I assume you cant use the tuned versions of the same vehicle(ala Ford GT LM) and ill have to purchase the normal version :cry:

Sorry for the resurrection.

But, I'm wondering how bad the framerate really is in GT:5P?.

The reason I ask is because I have the chance to pick GT:5P up for 35AUD which is incredibly cheap (roughly 1/3 the price of a normal game).

Sorry for the resurrection.

But, I'm wondering how bad the framerate really is in GT:5P?.

The reason I ask is because I have the chance to pick GT:5P up for 35AUD which is incredibly cheap (roughly 1/3 the price of a normal game).

it's not bad at all. you can notice slight screen tear very rarely, that's about it.

It does have a very clinical/saran wrap world look to it though w/ the almost complete lack of particle effects, persistent tire marks etc.. as a compromise. But the framerate is fine.

on a sidenote, i've noticed that as you get closer to cars they look like they have 2 levels of detail that they suddenly pop into higher res as you approach them. It's especially noticeable on the high speed rings where you have to overtake them slowly by drafting. Anybody else ever see this?

p.s. the online mode is very very bare. I keep hoping they'll update it. can't even join games w/ friends yet. :???:

it's not bad at all. you can notice slight screen tear very rarely, that's about it.

It does have a very clinical/saran wrap world look to it though w/ the almost complete lack of particle effects, persistent tire marks etc.. as a compromise. But the framerate is fine.

on a sidenote, i've noticed that as you get closer to cars they look like they have 2 levels of detail that they suddenly pop into higher res as you approach them. It's especially noticeable on the high speed rings where you have to overtake them slowly by drafting. Anybody else ever see this?

p.s. the online mode is very very bare. I keep hoping they'll update it. can't even join games w/ friends yet. :???:

Also, I forgot something, are all the versions the same? where the other version of the game updated with the new stuff in the newer versions (spec 2?). If they were I will grab this defiantly.

Also, I forgot something, are all the versions the same? where the other version of the game updated with the new stuff in the newer versions (spec 2?). If they were I will grab this defiantly.

Features, content and performance is same on all verions. There might be something funky ongoing with the online gaming though?

Tearing can be annoying on 16 car races on the first corner. Other than that frame rate is perfectly fine.

There should be the online/community update coming on fall which could improve the graphics engine also... Some rumours about damage modelling too though I wouldn't count on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back