Final Fantasy vs XIII trailer released

Sweet trailer. :)
Kinda sucks we probably won't see this game till 2008 at the earliest though. Which is probably why I'm looking more forward to FFXIII at the moment.

Thanks for the link, I like the style of the main character. Reminds me of advent children a bit (which is a good thing ;)).

Nice teaser, I hope he's the main character, so we get one badass main dude in FF again. Cloud and Squall were alright but IX(Forgot his name wasn't all that badass...) and I don't think I need to mention Tidus......no comment.

These trailers really make me excited for the new FF games because the CGI clips should be INSANE. (CGI movies in FF games have been one of the the best things I enjoy in these games).

Very cool video. I'm little bit out of loop on this one... What sort of game is it, or do we know that yet? Is it going to be released after FF13? and also when is FF13 supposed to come out? :oops:

Very cool video. I'm little bit out of loop on this one... What sort of game is it, or do we know that yet? Is it going to be released after FF13? and also when is FF13 supposed to come out? :oops:

It's from the creators of Kingdom Hearts, and it's supposedly an action RPG. I haven't heard anything about when it's supposed to be released, when FF 13 is supposed to be released, or how the two are connected. Square Enix have said that they share the same mythology, but it's unclear whether they actually take place in the same world.

Also, this is the same trailer that was shown at S-E's pre-E3 trailer in May. It was just never made available to the public until now, for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps the real thing won't be to that level of detail, but I hope it's comparable. The guys behind it are of KH and FF7AC fame; they know their stuff. If the graphical level doesn't cut it, at least the art will.

Looks sweet. FFXIII looked amazing and Sony said it was realtime. I bet this uses the same engine, so we should have graphics that look close to that CG.

Looks sweet. FFXIII looked amazing and Sony said it was realtime. I bet this uses the same engine, so we should have graphics that look close to that CG.

SE is using their "white engine" for the next gen PS3 games . Im not sure if FFXIII and versus XIII trailers are already using them, but the final versions of the game will use the white engine :smile:

Great trailer btw. I've been looking for this since E3 '06 when I heard of it, but I dont understand why it took them so many months to finally release it to the public :|

The Final Fantasy XIII trailer is composed mostly of scenery running in realtime, on the WhiteEngine. The Final Fantasy Versus XIII trailer does not - It's pure offline CG (both of these statements confirmed by Square-Enix). Hope that helps.

I read in another forum that any title using the XIII number is related in that the story revolves around Crystals. Not sure how accurate that is but apparently the two titles arent even in the same world/universe.

I read in another forum that any title using the XIII number is related in that the story revolves around Crystals. Not sure how accurate that is but apparently the two titles arent even in the same world/universe.

I know the games are based around Squaresoft's "Fabula Nove Crystallis" universe which they are hoping to build into a successfully deep and epic franchise (in a similar vein to what they did with FFVII but on a larger scale.. or so they say..)

As to the following: "fabula nova crystallis" == ... ???

*shrug*

Back