where does one go to "get tested"

Dear lord, I hope this lady friend you had unprotected sex with wasn't your buddy's (ex?) wife.

what are you talking about? the girl I'm seeing now? I haven't had sex with her at all. And, as my friend wished, I haven't attempted to contact him or his wife since the ordeal. This is a totally different person.

Actually, you guys really don't know me anymore. I haven't been on here much in the past year or year and a half. The past few years I have grown a LOT. I'm actually, probably much to your surpise, a somewhat typical frat boy now. I'm also deeply religious now.

Deeply religious? What variety?

Sage your were a little to harsh on LB for his canded help. At least you said sorry.

You do still run quite 'hot and cold' ;).

Anyway.... I wish you good luck for the test(s) and results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sage your were a little to harsh on LB for his canded help. At least you said sorry.

You do still run quite 'hot and cold' ;).

yeah.... I was probably low on food when I made the first response to him. Then when I felt bad about what I had said and apologized he didn't even seem to notice which made it worse.

Anyway.... I wish you good luck for the test(s) and results.

Thanks! I really appreciate that.

yeah.... I was probably low on food when I made the first response to him. Then when I felt bad about what I had said and apologized he didn't even seem to notice which made it worse.

Well when in the same post you write:

You didn't have to be an asshole.

Huge rant on how i was being "mean" to you

The only thing that you accomplished was to make me feel worse about myself. Thanks.

and then suddenly, all in the same post,

Sorry I lashed out at you.

Then it's kinda hard to notice and goes under the split personality category of posts. Plus, you kept having a go at me for "being mean" after i said i didn't mean to offend you, and lots of people told you how you got it all wrong.

Wish you all the best.

well, by the time I had written all of the first stuff and had gotten it out of my system I didn't feel so badly about it.

Hopefully you'll be alright.
You should be, if you feel fine after 4 months, then you're fine. (total generalisation, but you would get some symptoms after all this time)

Hopefully you'll be alright.
You should be, if you feel fine after 4 months, then you're fine. (total generalisation, but you would get some symptoms after all this time)

Really, you think I'd have felt some symptoms? Well, I know that with some things you can be a carrier and not know it. That's really what I'm concerned about. And, I was remembering in the shower that there was this girl I was with a year and a half ago who got thoroughly tested for everything about 6 months after and she was clean. I've only been with one person since then so either I got lucky and didn't pass it on to the above girl or got anything I have from the most recent one. I'm really praying that my body is healthy despite the way I have treated it in the past.

L-B, thanks so much for this post. I really appreciate the input you've given here and the attitude with which it was given. I'm glad we aren't fighting anymore.

Really, you think I'd have felt some symptoms?

Well, some things don't have symptoms, but "the majors" do, although it can take a long time. If you had HIV, you'd know by now. (can change from person to person of course)

That's really what I'm concerned about. And, I was remembering in the shower that there was this girl I was with a year and a half ago who got thoroughly tested for everything about 6 months after and she was clean.

Then you have nothing to worry about :smile:

L-B, thanks so much for this post. I really appreciate the input you've given here and the attitude with which it was given. I'm glad we aren't fighting anymore.

Glad you appreciate my input now.
Just for curiosity, have you found the clinic yet?

You should always ask for same-day results. Sometimes clinics do the 10-day HIV test, and let me tell you, those 10 days are the most horrible of your life, i remember.

Now most clinics (in the UK) do same-day tests. The clinic i go to gives results in 15 minutes. Pretty amazing and SO much better than waiting for the results for days!

Glad you appreciate my input now.
Thanks. I guess it was just that I was picking up a much harsher tone from you earlier. I like this tone now, I feel like you're trying to be helpful and I really appreciate that.

Just for curiosity, have you found the clinic yet?
yeah... but I haven't called them yet. I do still have great difficulty dealing with these issues and I didn't know until your below post that I could get the results the same day. I thought I had to wait 10 days, so I wouldn't know by.. well... by tonight so no need to rush (but it means I have to behave myself tonight, although that's probably a good thing anyhow).

You should always ask for same-day results. Sometimes clinics do the 10-day HIV test, and let me tell you, those 10 days are the most horrible of your life, i remember.

Now most clinics (in the UK) do same-day tests. The clinic i go to gives results in 15 minutes. Pretty amazing and SO much better than waiting for the results for days!

I'm not so much worried about HIV as I am about the other things. I mean, HIV is a concern, but the chances of me having a "lesser" affliction are probably much higher. I don't want to pass on anything like that either.

Sage said:
I'm not so much worried about HIV as I am about the other things. I mean, HIV is a concern, but the chances of me having a "lesser" affliction are probably much higher. I don't want to pass on anything like that either.

AFAIK, apart from HIV, the others are easily curable. I don't know much though, being only 14 years old. As an early measure, you could try looking up Syphilis and Gonorrhoea in Wikipedia, usually the symptoms are listed as well.

I wish you all the best for your tests.

Ok, well everything you could possibly get is curable except HIV (of course) and HepC.
HepC is quite rare and VERY hard to pass on, so you really shouldn't worry.

All the others, well if left there long enough, chlomedia (spelling) can become dangerous.

All the others are easily curable with antibiotice. But if you can't remember having any symptoms at all, then you're totally fine.

About my "tone". Remember that written communication is always harder to understand, the personal link is not there at all, so it's easy to pick up "tones" when they're really not there. (i just finished a paper on Customer Communications, i'm in a lectury mode :LOL: )

Back