where does one go to "get tested"

Sage

13 short of a dozen
Regular
I feel that it would be a good idea to "get tested" at this point. Not that I'm too concerned about anything, I just really feel that it's something that should be done in case I might be presented with an opportunity to be with someone. However, I'm not actually sure where a person goes to have such a thing done. Hopefully someone here can give me suggestions.

for STD screening and the like give your local hosptial a call. Either they can do it there or can point you to some place close by...

I don't know what it's like for you you crazy "I don't believe in public healthcare" yanks, but any GP over here can collect samples and send them off to the labs.

Likewise in the UK, you just pop to the GP and they take care of it, referring you to a special clinic if needs be.

I feel that it would be a good idea to "get tested" at this point. Not that I'm too concerned about anything, I just really feel that it's something that should be done in case I might be presented with an opportunity to be with someone. However, I'm not actually sure where a person goes to have such a thing done. Hopefully someone here can give me suggestions.

Thats nothing. I got myself tested once for....ahm....ehm......hemorrhoids? :oops:

DONT....YOU....DARE.....LAUGH!! :mad:

:LOL:

Likewise in the UK, you just pop to the GP and they take care of it, referring you to a special clinic if needs be.

Mmm in the UK you can just walk into the clinic, or make an appointment directly with them. No need to go through your GP and it's preferred as it's totally anonymous too - to a certain extent.
No idea how it works in the US.

I was once tested for HIV, syphillis, etc. And wasn't that a priceless look on the nurse's face when I handed her the order from the doctor. :LOL:

It was a pre-surgery thing, but given the double-take the nurse did it either wasn't all that common, or she was new. :smile:

I was once tested for HIV, syphillis, etc. And wasn't that a priceless look on the nurse's face when I handed her the order from the doctor. :LOL:

It was a pre-surgery thing, but given the double-take the nurse did it either wasn't all that common, or she was new. :smile:

It's true, at least here in the UK, if you went up to a GUM clinic with your doctor's letter, they would look at you in a funny way. First cause there is no need whatsoever, second cause to get that not-needed appointment with your doctor it would have taken ages (in the UK), and you'd still have to wait for the appointment with the clinic, unless it's urgent or a walk-in clinic...

Me and my wife both had to get HIV tested before we got married, it was the law in Mexico at the time.

Planned Parenthood does STD testing for both men and women. It's usually quite a bit cheaper than going to your regular doctor/hospital. My wife goes there for birth control checkups, and she says there's usually just as many guys as girls in the waiting room.

well, you could just go and give blood, if you have something they have to tell you, and if you don't you are being charitable :D

As it's the long prodical Sage, surely we should be recommending some sort of mental healthcare professional...? ;)

LMAO I knew that was coming, I just wasn't sure how long it would take for the thread to go that way.

Actually, you guys really don't know me anymore. I haven't been on here much in the past year or year and a half. The past few years I have grown a LOT. I'm actually, probably much to your surpise, a somewhat typical frat boy now. I'm also deeply religious now.

Planned Parenthood does STD testing for both men and women. It's usually quite a bit cheaper than going to your regular doctor/hospital. My wife goes there for birth control checkups, and she says there's usually just as many guys as girls in the waiting room.

Excellent! Thanks for the suggestion.

Actually, you guys really don't know me anymore. I haven't been on here much in the past year or year and a half. The past few years I have grown a LOT. I'm actually, probably much to your surpise, a somewhat typical frat boy now. I'm also deeply religious now.

LOL - that's probably not going to work in your favour around here either... Still, if you feel happier in yourself, that's all that really matters in the big scheme of things...

Yar

My wife got the pill there as well in the past it was definitely a good deal.

Edit:
SAge take advantage of your education while you are there as well. It doesn't take much more effort to get excellent grades then mediocre grades usually. Anyway good luck

Back