Devil May Cry 4 @ TGS

wow... thats skills. i can ex during special moves pretty easily (i can time it pretty good when i'm just messing around, but during battles its a lot harder), but he can even ex during normal attacks. :oops: its scary how good people are at video games.

and just think of the crazy videos there will be when the full game is released with more moves and Dante to play with.
for the people new to the DMC series, check out these crazy videos from DMC3... this guy is scary good! :oops:
http://www.stage6.com/user/breatoal/video/2045126/Devil-May-Cry-3-TST
http://www.stage6.com/user/breatoal/video/2066450/Devil-May-Cry-3-TST-GS
and just think, that guy was only playing with two different styles there... there are a few other styles as well as more weapons. so as you can see, the combat system in DMC is VERY deep. i was still learning new combos and tricks after 100+ hours of playing DMC3.

Dont things blur in real life in the same way?

It doesn't look like motion blur you'd see on film, etc. It looks more like double vision, I'm seeing everything twice. Hopefully they will remove that effect on the released game, or at least have an option to disable it.

979_0017.jpg

The blur really only takes effect when theres movement, and in some cases during cutscenes. I was surprised I didn't notice this but they didnt even do any effects when Nero extinguishes the flames:

blur.jpg

Dot50Cal, do you have a shot showing the ghosting or double vision joker is talking about.
Apparently my eyes are too slow.

i don't see doubling either. the blurring is subtle and it doesn't bother me at all... i actually think its a nice touch and past DMC games have had it (and i've played DMC 1 & 3 to death).

Dont things blur in real life in the same way?
As well as being a smooth blur which this isn't, games are more simulating a camera than the eye, and the camera can have whatever shutter speed to eliminate motion blur or exaggerate it.

I still have to download the 360 version. Is it true also that cutscenes on the 360 version are fixed 30, and the PS3 60 though sometimes dropping to 30?

The blur really only takes effect when theres movement, and in some cases during cutscenes. I was surprised I didn't notice this but they didnt even do any effects when Nero extinguishes the flames:

blur.jpg

I assume that on the xbox360 ss the characters is moving?

Dot50Cal, do you have a shot showing the ghosting or double vision joker is talking about.

Somewhat, look into that DMC4 dir on my server. links are posted earlier in the topic. I think its fine in motion, I didnt even notice it when I played through. It was only during the comparison I found it.

I still have to download the 360 version. Is it true also that cutscenes on the 360 version are fixed 30, and the PS3 60 though sometimes dropping to 30?

Yes: http://dot50cal.the-horror.com/gaf/dmc4/dmc4small.gif

I assume that on the xbox360 ss the characters is moving?

Of course, its the same frame. You can see this yourself if you download the Gamersyde video.

Somewhat, look into that DMC4 dir on my server. links are posted earlier in the topic. I think its fine in motion, I didnt even notice it when I played through. It was only during the comparison I found it.

Yes: http://dot50cal.the-horror.com/gaf/dmc4/dmc4small.gif

Of course, its the same frame. You can see this yourself if you download the Gamersyde video.

What do you think about those two pics I posted above - are the 360 textures higher res outside?

Thanks.

Just played the PS3 version and the graphics are great. Unfortunatelly I can't do comparisons with the 360 right now... It's on its way to MS... I'm very impressed with the game so far!

What do you think about those two pics I posted above - are the 360 textures higher res outside?

Thanks.

I couldn't really say, though I seem to recall back when ATI introduced 3DC for normal map compression there were similar things seen. Id guess that they would be using that for normal map compression.

I wouldn't say this is textures, but rather the normal maps having a higher precision on the 360, at least in this case.

*I'm not as technically oriented as some of the folks here, so some things I say probably aren't correct.

Here you go

PS3 Version
DMC4_05_ps3.png

DMC4_05_360.png

The double vision is there, without a doubt
but being able to see it at 60 FPS is totally another issue.

Back