Fight Night PS3 Screens

A nice post, but...

Do you ACTUALLY see anyone in here making the statement you decided to unload on?

im not addressing anyone in particular who made the exact statement. Just something from other illinformed forums which sometimes seeps through here sometimes. Its happened before you know.

its all about "perspective":
Not so much. My response was mainly to nintenho's "over-the-top?" comment anyway, which is 360-vs-RL, not a screen-by-screen comparison with certain 360 shots vs PS3. (And as I said, we certainly don't have enough of the PS3 version to go by for an overall or in-motion feel.)

Meanwhile, a comparison.

Hello. We are two dark-skinned boxers who are sweating nicely and occasionally get small patches of white light reflected, but mainly just get brighter skin tones and HEY! Once in a while and at certain angles a reasonable patch of of upper back lights up nicely! Nifty... Did I mention this was stadium lighting?

Hi. We're two dark-skinned boxers in a gym going at it, our upper backs, shoulders, and biceps almost perpetually bathed in large patches of pure white which doesn't really change as we move across the ring, only when we are swinging and ducking and such...

Over the top? Very much yes!

im not addressing anyone in particular who made the exact statement. Just something from other illinformed forums which sometimes seeps through here sometimes. Its happened before you know.
B3D is thankfully shorter on those types. ;) Tends to be best to keep such posts in reserve for those who come in and actually disrupt things with such commentary else one's post BECOMES the disruption. For trivial and stupid stuff like that, they'll usually get smacked down quick anyway. (One or two clutch things too closely to their chest, but you can rarely affect them anyway. You just hope they shut up or that someone sends them on a little "vacation." Hehe...)

Not so much. My response was mainly to nintenho's "over-the-top?" comment anyway, which is 360-vs-RL, not a screen-by-screen comparison with certain 360 shots vs PS3. (And as I said, we certainly don't have enough of the PS3 version to go by for an overall or in-motion feel.)

Meanwhile, a comparison.

Hello. We are two dark-skinned boxers who are sweating nicely and occasionally get small patches of white light reflected, but mainly just get brighter skin tones and HEY! Once in a while and at certain angles a reasonable patch of of upper back lights up nicely! Nifty... Did I mention this was stadium lighting?

Hi. We're two dark-skinned boxers in a gym going at it, our upper backs, shoulders, and biceps almost perpetually bathed in large patches of pure white which doesn't really change as we move across the ring, only when we are swinging and ducking and such...

Over the top? Very much yes!

B3D is thankfully shorter on those types. ;) Tends to be best to keep such posts in reserve for those who come in and actually disrupt things with such commentary else one's post BECOMES the disruption. For trivial and stupid stuff like that, they'll usually get smacked down quick anyway. (One or two clutch things too closely to their chest, but you can rarely affect them anyway. You just hope they shut up or that someone sends them on a little "vacation." Hehe...)

I know , hopefully the next 360 version has better lighting similiar to the PS3 one.

Interesting thing I have noticed: EA Canada has implemented sweat maps, the white guy and black guy has the same sweat flow on the head, neck and chest. its premapped, preprogrammed

Notice the wording has a dangerous effect of misinformation.

"Dangerous effect"? Yikes, I think you're a bit worked up about this amigo. Bottom line is no one besides the actual studio working on the game knows what affect the different hardware strengths, timetables, beta kits and software/tools maturity (or lack there of) has had on these two versions of the same game. All that really counts in the end is, erm... the end product. ;)

What's discussed on other forums has nothing to do with what's discussed here. Silly console war threads and posts are not meant for this site and the fact that they happen in other stupid forums doesn't mean you can just as well take them over here.

its all about "perspective":

Person 1 in Xbox 360 on left:
http://images.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/2546/807_0010.jpg

Person 1 in PS3:
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/a...rts-fight-night-round-3-20060901065538374.jpg

Person 2 in Xbox 360:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/ch1tothebody/1136483889-2.jpg

Person 2 in PS3:
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/a...rts-fight-night-round-3-20060901065536140.jpg

Ill reserve judgement of how big of a graphical upgrade it is until a clearer shade is shown of fighters. Why? there is some slight "gaussian blur" effect on the fighter's bodies in the new screenshots. I will wait until they release clearer screenshots.
You can't reach a good perspective unless you bring real Xbox 360 in-game pictures with aliasing and all, not these bullshots.

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1298/full-res/1137691748.jpg (4427 x 2490)
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1298/full-res/1136483887.jpg (4427 x 2490)

You can't reach a good perspective unless you bring real Xbox 360 in-game pictures with aliasing and all, not these bullshots.

wait, so you think EA released doctored versions of the x360 shots, but the PS3 shots are going to be a direct capture

Yeah, somebody should make a law against those :yes:

Yeah i mean, what's the freaking point?! Next they'll release screens at atomic resolution, telling us that since we are all made of atoms and the screens we'll play the games on are made of atoms, they will look exactly the same as the real game on our TVs!!

I think the real major difference that we are seeing is simply a change in the color palette on top of the additional texture details. The PS3 ones are just using a much more natural color palette than the 360's over saturated style.

I think the real major difference that we are seeing is simply a change in the color palette on top of the additional texture details. The PS3 ones are just using a much more natural color palette than the 360's over saturated style.

The skin also seems to have a "gummy" look as if light is passing through it. It looks like some sort of approximation/hack of SSS:

ea-sports-fight-night-round-3-20060119011902937.jpg

ea-sports-fight-night-round-3-20060901065539484.jpg

The skin also seems to have a "gummy" look as if light is passing through it. It looks like some sort of approximation/hack of SSS:

Why would it have to be an "approximation" or "hack"? Are we gonna get into silly "real SSS and fake SSS" discussions now, much like "real HDR and fake HDR" arguments flying around here from time to time?

Why would it have to be an "approximation" or "hack"? Are we gonna get into silly "real SSS and fake SSS" discussions now, much like "real HDR and fake HDR" arguments flying around here from time to time?

I always thought "real" SSS was too computationally intensive to be used realtime?

I like the effect whatever it is.

It looks awesome, could definately use some AA but whatever, the artists just seem to have done a much better job over the last few months at modelling the boxers, especially the skin colour and detail. The lighting is extremely impressive I wonder if this is due to using FP16 rather than 360's default FP10.

Can't wait to see this puppy in motion, but I'll probably hold out for FN4, having logged like 40hours already in FN3.

the PS3 stuff looks far closer to how boxing does in movies. the x-box stuff looks like boxing shown through a really bad camera. with bizzare DOF. and other strangeness you just wouldn't get in anything close to photo realism. but fight night 4 isn't finsihed yet for either system.

i can't believe someone said what we see is technically better on the x-box shots tho. i thought people would be more likely to cry CG if anything.

the PS3 stuff looks far closer to how boxing does in movies. the x-box stuff looks like boxing shown through a really bad camera. with bizzare DOF. and other strangeness you just wouldn't get in anything close to photo realism. but fight night 4 isn't finsihed yet for either system.

i can't believe someone said what we see is technically better on the x-box shots tho. i thought people would be more likely to cry CG if anything.

Ther are a couple things, the hair is crap, and the aliasing really stands out. Still, looks much more realistic though for sure.

Back