Predict: The Next Generation Console Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's unlikely given we have multiple sources pointing to the same conclusion.

And why would MS pretend Durango is weak by leaking a low TF number, knowing it will disappoint their fans?.
so that Sony can match it and lower their specs. Then Durango would come out much more powerful and outclass Sony in everyway, get market share, profit.

I don't think this is the case. I believe they have aimed at a certain performance bracket to satisfy multiplatforms and not spend more money then neccessary on hardware even if you can afford it.

...so nothing from Dae so far? Don't like announcements for leaks. Better to just leak it and be done with it, plus how is this guy not fired? is he not a dev? he already leaked stuff before.

Nope, its a pipe dream for people who a disappointed with what they've heard so far.

My question to them is, how can you be disappointed with 16 times the ram, atleast 3 times the bandwidth, the GPU alone without any propping up with the secret sauce is more than 5x on paper(which is likely more in real world performance because of the efficiency of modern ALU's in comparison to 360's ALU's), and you get 8 jaguar cores which i assume is a sizable jump from 360's CPU as well.

All that combined aint no joke.

I think it was Intel/Nvidia in the early kit only because that was just the combo of parts that got them closest to the config they wanted at the time.

Nope, its a pipe dream for people who a disappointed with what they've heard so far.

My question to them is, how can you be disappointed with 16 times the ram, atleast 3 times the bandwidth, the GPU alone without any propping up with the secret sauce is more than 5x on paper(which is likely more in real world performance because of the efficiency of modern ALU's in comparison to 360's ALU's), and you get 8 jaguar cores which i assume is a sizable jump from 360's CPU as well.

All that combined aint no joke.

I don't think it's really a pipe dream. I think it's more like we don't know a large amount of the details and probably won't for a while.

If we got the "REAL" details and all the ins and outs and it still was disappointing that is a different story.

As it is right now, I can't trust any of the details for both systems as a lot of the information is missing or conflicting with other information.

I think it was Intel/Nvidia in the early kit only because that was just the combo of parts that got them closest to the config they wanted at the time.

Makes sense, the earliest 360 kits were completely different (and more powerful) than the later kits. It also could explain why Aegies was told the "comparable to 680 performance" rumor.

possible, but even in that case, the retail unit can't degrade that much from devkits if its comparable to a 680. Anything even close to a 680 would be a miracle for a console releasing in 2013 at an accessible price point.

As far as I can see, there have only been the alpha kits which went out in early 2012 after the Durango dev summit in London. And we know the alpha kits have AMD GPU and CPU.

I think it's just bs or he didn't really know. DF thought it too incredible as well, given all their sources said AMD.

It's more likely that false rumors would be put out to determine leak sources. Apple is known for doing this.

Possible, but it's unlikely that the 1+ TF GPU rumor is that, since it's been said by so many independent sources, that it's unlikely to be a controlled leak to determine who is the leaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I can see, there have only been the alpha kits which went out in early 2012 after the Durango dev summit in London. And we know the alpha kits have AMD GPU and CPU.

I think it's just bs or he didn't really know. DF thought it too incredible as well, given all their sources said AMD.

Possible, but it's unlikely that the 1+ TF GPU rumor is that, since it's been said by so many independent sources, that it's unlikely to be a controlled leak to determine who is the leaker.

SuperDAE quickly corrected himself in regards to the GPU and stated that it was an AMD GPU. Also, the alpha dev kits did have intel CPUs.

SuperDAE quickly corrected himself in regards to the GPU and stated that it was an AMD GPU. Also, the alpha dev kits did have intel CPUs.

Not really, IIRC he was spouting it for a while after the DF article.
He shouldn't have got that wrong in the first place.

Which credible rumour said the alpha kits had intel CPUs?
AFAIC that's just BS, what good reason would they have with for going with intel cores rather than bulldozer/bobcat cores?

Last edited by a moderator:
This might be a bit OT but I often wonder just how much intel do MS and Sony know about each other regarding their nextgen consoles? If they're both going with AMD this time chances are some shadowy AMD employees would get heavily money-hatted from either companies for leaking precious data. Could a double agent like such have existed?

That's stupid, and going into conspiracy territory, not useful in this thread.

Anyway i'd also be intrested in knowing where intel CPU's come from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back