Predict: The Next Generation Console Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it uses ddr4? let's consider it had ddr4 2133. Same bandwith, worse latency :p. Slower console than with ddr3. But perhaps it has ddr4 running at a 50% higher clock ("ddr4 3200"). Is that a best case? The "slow" memory breaks the 100GB/s barrier! Latency probably is mediocre but you live with it. (the skimpy ~1.8GHz CPU cores that suffer low power ddr3 in hugh end tablets will survive that)

DDR4 has the same latency at as DDR3 at similar frequencies. Just check this article at Anand to get a better idea: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6619/crucial-demonstrates-ddr42133-modules
Or this one at DailyTech: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=29633

Do not expect too much from a forum of overeexcited teens. For me credibility 0,5 over 10.
PD. I am still waiting from SKISONY to tell me in which spanish forum he get info from.
That's why i hope next-gen officially announced before april
Little tired about these 50+ different style rumors

Do not expect too much from a forum of overeexcited teens. For me credibility 0,5 over 10.
PD. I am still waiting from SKISONY to tell me in which spanish forum he get info from.

Hey! I'm an user of this forum! xD and yes, I'm overexcited because I like games :p

And the quoted comment is not legit at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much more demanding is decoding XMA streams over MP3 streams?

Will there be a requirement or push for developers to use that DSP, next-gen? I know it wan't really used this gen.
XMA is a simplified WMA, so in the same ballpark as MP3. The XMA decoder was used fine this gen, although a number of third party audio engines standardized on MP3 and couldn't take advantage of it. Their loss.

Elotrolado that is where lherre posts.what the f... almost all of us are spanish...this is good for practicing english i supposse ;)

From an overall specs perspective, I expect Durango to be quite powerful.

How that power is distributed and allocated (OS, Kinect, DVR, etc) will determine the overall graphics potential of the games.

Just getting raw specs might not be as valuable as previous generations.

Some Gaffer sent me leaked PS4 info by mistake. He's mistaken me for someone else. It was supposedly gleaned from (outdated ?) internal documents shown to him by friends. It looks like people are excited by the memory setup ? Is it really a big deal ?

[size=-2]There should be more interesting ideas right ?[/size]

What about this patent:

[SIZE=+1]SCALABLE MULTIMEDIA COMPUTER SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE WITH QOS GUARANTEES[/SIZE]

Versions of a multimedia computer system architecture are described which satisfy quality of service (QoS) guarantees for multimedia applications such as game applications while allowing platform resources, hardware resources in particular, to scale up or down over time. Computing resources of the computer system are partitioned into a platform partition and an application partition, each including its own central processing unit (CPU) and, optionally, graphics processing unit (GPU). To enhance scalability of resources up or down, the platform partition includes one or more hardware resources which are only accessible by the multimedia application via a software interface. Additionally, outside the partitions may be other resources shared by the partitions or which provide general purpose computing resources.
Inventors: Jeffrey Andrews (Sunnyvale, CA, US) John V. Sell (Los Altos, CA, US) Susan Carrie (Mountain View, CA, US) Mark S. Grossman (Palo Alto, CA, US) John Tardif (Sammamish, WA, US) John Tardif (Sammamish, WA, US) Nicholas R. Baker (Cupertino, CA, US)
Assignees: Microsoft Corporation

Publication date: 2012-06-21

EDIT: http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20120159090

Last edited by a moderator:
Elotrolado that is where lherre posts.what the f... almost all of us are spanish...this is good for practicing english i supposse ;)

No, I don´t receive insider info in that forum, nor been contacted by lherre or any other insider from another forum with inside info. I discuss what I read on the internet with other memeber which are like me, with no insider info.

I seen there are links to other spanish forums on this thread, but I´ve never read anything on a spanish forum that leads me to believe you can find there more accurate info than on this forum or other english-spoken ones.

Some Gaffer sent me leaked PS4 info by mistake. He's mistaken me for someone else. It was supposedly gleaned from (outdated ?) internal documents shown to him by friends. It looks like people are excited by the memory setup ? Is it really a big deal ?

[SIZE=-2]There should be more interesting ideas right ?[/SIZE]

If it has that 192GB/s to 4GB RAM it would be similar to high end PC GPUs. Good framerates hopefully

[size=-2]There should be more interesting ideas right ?[/size]

Like mentioned before 4GB and 192GB/s is rather good - unless the PM specified any other information we don't know about. *wink* *wink*

[SIZE=-2]There should be more interesting ideas right ?[/SIZE]
So.. hrrmm.. did he suggest you a bike with a classic heavy coil rear shock, or the revolutionary suspension seamlessly integrated into the frame?

If it has that 192GB/s to 4GB RAM it would be similar to high end PC GPUs. Good framerates hopefully

Bandwidth is all about how much memory you can use per frame. 60GB/s only means you can use 1GB per frame at 60fps and 2GB per fram at 30fps.

192GB/s gives you 3.2 times the usuable memory per frame. So it's not just about the amount of RAM but how much of it you can use in a given time.

I guarantee you, Microsoft's next system will be able to do things your current computer does not have the resources to do, and I say that knowing some of you folks have monster PC setups.

I think I just figured it out:

Hi Fidelity PC Speaker

The bleeps will be glorious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back