Dell 2407WFP Details Leaked

Ah.. Well, for me it wouldn't be an issue. I'm only looking at LCDs for computer use. I have a 36" WEGA. hehe.

I don't have a wide screen monitor, but I am wondering why a 4:3 game would give you a problem. Doesn't using "centered timing" in CCC work?

I don't have a wide screen monitor, but I am wondering why a 4:3 game would give you a problem. Doesn't using "centered timing" in CCC work?

It would if the BenQ supported 1:1 pixel mapping; the monitor will just take the standard 4:3 resolution outputted by my X1900XT and then stretch it to a 16:10 ratio (to fill the whole screen). See Nvidia has a special mode that puts a 4:3 (or 16:9) resolution in a 16:10 resolution (it basically adds black bars to the side of a 4:3/16:9 resolution to make it appear to the monitor that it's actually a 16:10 resolution so the monitor won't stretch it). Most new monitors (in fact, until the BenQ I thought all new monitors) supported 1:1 pixel mapping; thus giving ATi little reason to add the special mode that Nvidia has. The biggest problem facing BenQ is the monitor will stretch any 480i/p, 720i/p, 1080i/p material to a 16:10 ratio to fill the screen (it's quite ironic how they been claiming this is the "first" 1080P monitor when it can't even truly display 1080P). Once again the industry takes a step back...

Thanks, I really thought that is what centered timing did. I did not realize that the monitor had to support it.

Not the new one? 2407wpf.

The 2407 has a 1:1 mode too. But truth be told, I think the prevailing scaler-hate (which was justified for the first few atrocious display scalers) is long past the reality of where scalers are now IMO (for HDTV resolutions — SDTV still needs decent deinterlacing).

Does anyone know how to make the screen stretch when using res's lower than 1680x1200? I want to run 1280x800 for Oblivion on my 2407. I can't change image scaling option in CCC because it is disabled. Anyone else have this problem?

Thinking about picking one up. I know ATI doesn't support scaling in their drivers but does the 2407's built in scaler play nice with Radeons? I doubt I'll be able to do much better than 1680x1050 on my XT so it's a pretty important thing for me to have.

I've just picked up one of these babies. I'm still getting used to it. My first impression is that it's not quite as sharp as the 2001FP that it's replacing, though that may just be my brain going wrong. Early on I saw a distinct pink cast whenever I scrolled or dragged a window fast, but that seems to have gone away. Maybe these things need burning in after two months in a box. :?

Other than that I think I really like it, it's a good size (I considered the 27" but thought that that would be just a little too big, and at this time it's not particularly good value for money wrt. the 24" and 30"). The one I've got is rev. A04. No bad pixels either.

Back