ASUS ROG Ally, twice the power of the Steam Deck. 120Hz, 500 nits.

If true it will give the series s a run for its money
if mobile as a market picks up (which it looks to be), I can see Series S having a mobile variant. Coupled with GamePassU, you've got power on tap as cloud moves forward. You don't need to be the strongest piece of hardware, you just need to last the longest, and have a great user experience.

I mean that is a steam deck. Just connect it to your tv and use a bluetooth controller

or you can grab something like this . Ryzen 7 7735HS zen 3 8 core / 16 thread , Radeon 6800M (RDNA 2 12CU 2200mhz)

With the current rumors of the 8000 series apu being on par with a 3060 it might be smart to wait for the end of the year however.

That's what did. I bought the Beelink version on Amazon last week or so for $511 after discounts. It's the SER 6 Pro with the Ryzen 7 7735hs & 32gb RAM & 500gb drive. I've posted about in the PC forums.

if mobile as a market picks up (which it looks to be), I can see Series S having a mobile variant. Coupled with GamePassU, you've got power on tap as cloud moves forward. You don't need to be the strongest piece of hardware, you just need to last the longest, and have a great user experience.

Yup, another micron pass and they will likely be able to get 3 hours out of a device which is the same as the original switch playing zelda. And if its zen 5+ rdna 4 based it could end up being between the series s and x or at some things better than the x (hopefully ray tracing , please god make rdna 4 better at ray tracing lol)

According to retail information we have, the Asus ROG Ally handheld gaming PC will retail in Europe for €799.
This pricing is for the pricier edition mentioned above, which packs the more powerful version of AMD's new portable gaming PC platform. It is specifically the RC71L model of the ROG Ally.
As in the United States, the stronger version will also be available here first, before the weaker and therefore slightly cheaper version is likely to follow at a later date.
That's why we don't have any information on the entry-level price yet, since the cheaper edition of the ROG Ally will also be available later in this country.

I still think $800 is a great price for the higher end version. I def think Valve needs to rethink the steam deck pricing. If I were them I'd ditch the 256gig model and move the 512 gig down to its price. makes more sense $400 for the 64gig , $520 or $550 for the 512gig

In This video we take a first look at the all new GPD Ryzen 7 7840U Phoenix Point RDNA3 APU powered Win Max 2 and this thing is a true AAA Gaming Handheld Gaming PC! With 8 Zen 4 Cores running at up to 5.1GHz and The New Radeon 780M RDNA3 iGPU backed by LPDDR5X Ram Running 7500MT/s we have reached GTX 1060 gaming performance with Intragted graphics!

so if you plug a rog ally extreme to a TV you have a better console than the XsS.
maybe lol. I would like to see it happen. I wonder if it can handle the heat for sustained gaming sessions. The XSS will be able to run 24/7 in theory.

Nice! So glad to see this market grow! Still extremely happy with my Steam Deck, and will be sticking with it until Valve comes out with the next iteration.

so if you plug a rog ally extreme to a TV you have a better console than the XsS.

Possibly not because of the memory bandwidth limits. It'll be interesting to see though.

Xss still runs games better than ally, right? In higher resolution and frame rate.

Dunno with the graphics settings tho

Xss still runs games better than ally, right? In higher resolution and frame rate.

Dunno with the graphics settings tho

At the very least its a lot more cost effective to buy a series s if you just want gaming at home as its only $300 and sometimes as low as $200. I'm wondering if we will see a price drop to $250 this year for the holiday

What is great is how close we are getting to portable xbox series s performance. One more micron drop maybe.

Asus also sells their stuff to more regions than xbox and steam deck combined. So if ally also released on all asus regions, it'll be very good gaming device for lots of ppl

Yea its great news that the market is growing , lets hope it keeps going and there is enough room for eveyone. I am tempted by this but my wife would kill me lol. I told her I'd wait at least another year to upgrade the deck

Back