Sony PlayStation VR2 (PSVR2)

I wonder if we'll see a psvr "pro" or even a 3 during ps5 lifetime.
I´d say the PSVR2 is good as is. No need for a "Pro" . Not even in the Case of a complete PS5 Pro because to 2k per Eye resolution is very good already and they simply could use more power in PSVR2 to enhance graphics further . Like detail Settings or raytracing.

Mod edit: snipped meme gif. -Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
I´d say the PSVR2 is good as is. No need for a "Pro" . Not even in the Case of a complete PS5 Pro because to 2k per Eye resolution is very good already and they simply could use more power in PSVR2 to enhance graphics further . Like detail Settings or raytracing.

giphy.gif
4k per eye, wider FoV, and smaller for factor would be nice upgrades.
It should eventually come, but i wonder if it'll be PS6 only or PS5 compatible too.

Obviously a click bait title but the video itself was pretty entertaining.

To put some context around it for those that aren't planning to watch it though, their comparison points in the PCVR space seem to be Quest 2, Valve Index, and at one point, the Rift S. So not what would be considered the high end these days. And one of the aspects that received the highest praise was the resolution, which we know from other reviews is not as good as some high end PCVR headsets.

That said, their points on the amazing price are spot on, and they also reflect other reviews in terms of how impressive the HRD OLED is.

Hopefully they have considered a future release and can make backward compatibility work.

What games besides GT7 and RE8 have you guys been playing ?
90% gt7 :LOL: and some Horizonm but cheked plenty of titles, Village, Synthrizer, Kayak vr, Pistol Whip, Pavlov, After the fall, Runner, Unplagged, Star Wars, Puzzling Places, Thumper

90% gt7 :LOL: and some Horizonm but cheked plenty of titles, Village, Synthrizer, Kayak vr, Pistol Whip, Pavlov, After the fall, Runner, Unplagged, Star Wars, Puzzling Places, Thumper

Out of curiosity, how much did you spend on all those VR-enabled games tallied up?

Out of curiosity, how much did you spend on all those VR-enabled games tallied up?
not much, have too much fun playing gt7 campaing from 0 in vr, but for sure will finish Horizon, then plan to finish moss 1 and 2, then Resident (not sure it will be not too scary but played first hour and is briliant) and would also like to spend more time with Pavlov also will play for sure from time to time Synth Riders

Last edited:
Look at that dopey expression. You could at least post some text with your social media feed.
Obviously a click bait title but the video itself was pretty entertaining.
Linus has acknowledged that he deliberately pushes to the edge of clickbait thumbnail for attention knowing that there’s a grain of truth in it and their videos are reasonable. I’m… okay with it because the videos themselves are usually good.

It’s an interesting experiment to price a $1050 PC + Quest 2 against a PS5 + PSVR2 because I figure PSVR2’s main market is current PS5 owners, but it makes sense for a PC-centric channel. I’d like to think of PSVR2 as additive to PC VR, expanding the market. Hopefully the good games find their way to both platforms and benefit from it.

Last edited:

An interesting take where they don't only focus on the positives of the headset and the experience. They are still incredibly impressed by the headset and feel it's a significant improvement in some areas (foveated rendering, smoothness, responsiveness, etc.) compared to what's currently available and an absolutely massive improvement over the PSVR 1, but they do have some concerns. One of which is that games are still more often than not just a "VR experience" versus a proper game another is that they question what feels like cheap materials used. Granted, it's likely that they had to use cheap materials in order to hit their target price point, so it is what it is.

Regards,
SB

I'm probably going to buy PSVR2 once it hits a local store with easy returns. I'd like to try it and I already own RE Village. But I do want to be able to return it no fuss whatsoever if it is defective, doesn't fit, I hate it, etc. :)

Back