AMD: RDNA 3 Speculation, Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
...some days are bigger than others...
...some days are bigger than others...
...some days' mothers are bigger than other days' mothers...

Sorry, being into New Wave (USA, maybe they were pop in Britain?) back in the 80's means that immediately popped into my head when I saw that. :p

Regards,
SB
"not always bigger is better" cit. AMD

Is this just going to be an official announcement with name and price or is this going to be a review embargo lifting?

Sure! I need something to get me through the next two days before the beautiful truth is revealed. :)
Truth is AMD don't really wanna increase market share . Save some of those expensive wafers for the really high margin products like server cpus and gpus (CDNA 3)

Truth is AMD don't really wanna increase market share . Save some of those expensive wafers for the really high margin products like server cpus and gpus (CDNA 3)
really? everyone is decreasing orders, TSMC decreases production, I think right now there is plenty capacity to take over.

Average pleb ain't gonna touch Radeon until it's like half the price of comparable NV offerings which means just awful margins on lower end boards.
Which is why they should focus to bring the latest GPU arch to APU early, not late.
I'm very happy to see they finally plan to do so.
But do we know about expected GPU specs for Phoenix/Strix already?
And is there any sign the same mindest might arrive at desktops too? I mean, beyond just 2CUs to do some video acceleration?

Which is why they should focus to bring the latest GPU arch to APU early, not late.
Yea, Phoenix is literally CES and RDNA3, lol.
But do we know about expected GPU specs for Phoenix/Strix already?
Yes.
But neither of those are public so...
(They're still very mean parts, each and every one of them)
And is there any sign the same mindest might arrive at desktops too?
Why.
iGP isn't something relevant in DT outside of display core and media accelerator jobs

im waiting for phoenix then. the jump from my vega igpu woud be massive. without needing dGPU.
unless RTX 4050 mobile got released quicker....

Why.
iGP isn't something relevant in DT outside of display core and media accelerator jobs
Currently, but people said similar things about FPU a while back.
I see no more need for overspecced dGPUs just to play games. Reduced price, size and power draw would sell better than path tracing fairy tales. Just a matter of time until PC gamers figure this out, if there is proper offer for both HW and SW.
Phoenix should be a 8core Zen4 APU with 6WGP(12CU, 1536SP) RDNA3 based IGP.
Twice GPU power > Rembrandt? Give it to me!
Exactly what's needed to be more than enough for cutting edge gaming. At least from my perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back