Oculus Quest | Meta Quest 2

I'm interested, but i would also like the app to directly stream my XsS local games so the quality would be a lot better.
I wonder if the input latency will be lower than XCloud on a TV? The controller is connected to the VR headset with integrated screen vs. to an Xbox that then outputs to a TV.

That's three/four tiers of render target, rectilinear windows just composited, right? Nothing particularly fancy in the break-down. It's pretty effective even in a YT video, so long as you are looking in the right place!

That's really interesting. I bet is saves a ton of performance but it also introduces obvious shimmering that I bet would be visible even though it's in the peripheral vision.
It's quite a tough problem to fix. VRS could tone down specular highlights but then background info wouldn't be correct. Even if our peripheral vision is sucky, the information reaching is being 'supersampled' and not hugely subsampled like this, so there's no high frequency variation.

Off the top of my head, an irregular sampling pattern and gaussian should be very beneficial. But dealing with small highlights is going to post a problem. Temporal sampling could be applied in increasingly aggressive measure towards the lowest fidelity regions.

What the....out of nowhere, just like that

Guess the GT7 VR announcement triggered them
framerate in that trailer seems worrying though....ah preordered anyway !

Last edited:
What the....out of nowhere, just like that

Guess the GT7 VR announcement triggered them
framerate in that trailer seems worrying though....ah preordered anyway !
Does the windows version have vr support? Playing it with steering wheel in vr would be great.

Or oculus quest supports steering wheel?

so i tested it a bit...
It's ugly and impressive at the same time. It pretty low res and aliased, but on the other hand the tracks a quite detailed for standalone game, with lots of crowds and trackside detail, textures are quite bad sadly, but it's very fluid, i did not notice framedrops, sound is quite good, there are a lot of race options, a good amount of tracks, and you can choose the time of day and meteo (though no rain). Control is pretty sensitive, you steer with the stick. No camera options, only cockpit view, and you can't move that much, if you go too far then the cockpit moves with you.
I got some Driveclub VR vibes, i wonder if it's developped by Codemasters themselves.

Last edited:
these are the devs who made the Quest 2 version

Assetta Corsa on the PC supports VR, and using VRDesktop can pipe it to your Quest / Quest 2 . I know the Quest is long in the tooth now, but I still absolutely enjoy it for streaming PC games.

Also, I blocked all access for that thing talking to the internet, so while it can connect to my wifi to then communicate with my gaming rig, it can't pull down updates. This allows me to continue to use MY device without the Meta login bullshit.

so after a few hours of play...it's still UGLY ! Well the main problems are resolution and aliasing, otherwise it would be decent.
But most importantly it's still fun playing, and immerive, and it's a full fledged game, a lot of cars, tracks, options, car damages, tuning etc...it's mostly grid legends, but with PS2 IQ and PS2,5 graphics. i'd say it's way more complete gameplay wise than Gran Turismo Sport VR, with real races and full car grids, and even online play. There are 21 environments with 5-6 track variations for each, ToD and meteo options for every track.

some users already enhanced the IQ without much perf issue using the Quest Game optimizer app, but i don't have it as you have activate dev mode to use it.
i also understand the complaints about lack of motion controls, that should be an option, but personnaly after having played some other racing games with actual steering wheel holding in the air, it's quite tiring after a long session.

Back