Tekken 8 [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

This trailer was actually taken directly from a certain part in the current work-in-progress Tekken 8’s story mode, played on PlayStation 5. In other words, all the character models, backgrounds, and effects are the same ones that are used in-game. Although this was captured from the story mode, it is not a pre-rendered movie made for the trailer but rather real-time rendered footage, running at 60 frames per second, similar to how you would experience the game in versus battle modes. (Of course, some of the effects, dialogue as well as the camera angle is currently being updated and may change when the game launches)

i gave up on Tekken after 4, though i bought tekken 7 last year on a sale, but barely tried it.
This could be the episode that takes me back to it.

i gave up on Tekken after 4, though i bought tekken 7 last year on a sale, but barely tried it.
This could be the episode that takes me back to it.
Tekken is a very weird fighting series. All of them were super fun, but in one way of the other they all suffered from some broken and imbalanced characters.
Normally such broken gameplay mechanics from some characters would have killed it from even joining the EVO tournaments. But the good gameplay mechanics. presentation and interesting characters of the rest of the game kept it going.

Tekken 7's gameplay has been super refined and I believe it is the least broken, although it still has some teeth grinding moments, that require extra amounts skill from the player to avoid being destroyed by some peculiar attacks that chain to crazy amounts of damage.
I ve never enjoyed a Tekken as much as 7. They made the gameplay more grounded. The only thing that puts me off are those characters that just don't fit within the Tekken universe. Gigas, Lucky Chloe, Noctis, Katarina, Eliza, Geezer etc are what I call bullshit Tekken characters and I hope Harada vanishes them. Tekken's characters used to be an homage to fighting styles and movie archetypes.
But since 6 many new character additions were a generic anime shit-fest.

Last edited:
I'm really not into fighters, I think the last Tekken I played for any length of time was 3. I did have a look at either 6 or 7 when it hit Gamepass for a while.

I've never been more disgusted in a game! "I'll just have a little fight" I thought. 10 minutes later it felt like I was still wading through T's and C's.

Last edited:
Looks incredible. Tekken 7 also runs perfectly on PC, so I'm not worried about it being Unreal Engine based lol
Yeah but tekken 7 is ps3 level :d huge step up, best looking fighting game I’ve ever seen

Yeah but tekken 7 is ps3 level :d huge step up, best looking fighting game I’ve ever seen
That's not going to make any difference to my point though. Tekken 7, and Soul Caliber 6 (and actually most BandaiNamco) games on PC perform great with no shader comp stutter, that goes for fighting games in general. Which, if you understand the issue with UE4 PSO gathering for developers, makes sense because of how small scale fighting games are in comparison to most other games. Essentially with fighting games you have set arenas and characters, so it's easier to play with every character in every arena, and generate all your PSO data for compilation during loading.

Basically BandaiNamco have proven to me that they know how to properly do it.

That's not going to make any difference to my point though. Tekken 7, and Soul Caliber 6 (and actually most BandaiNamco) games on PC perform great with no shader comp stutter, that goes for fighting games in general. Which, if you understand the issue with UE4 PSO gathering for developers, makes sense because of how small scale fighting games are in comparison to most other games. Essentially with fighting games you have set arenas and characters, so it's easier to play with every character in every arena, and generate all your PSO data for compilation during loading.

Basically BandaiNamco have proven to me that they know how to properly do it.
Im not saying it wont bit wouldnt take tekken 7 as an argument (tough I didnt catch you were thinking about shader comp in your previous post)

Im not saying it wont bit wouldnt take tekken 7 as an argument (tough I didnt catch you were thinking about shader comp in your previous post)
I'm certainly not worried about the graphics nor framerate LOL. The only thing I worry about with regards to anything Unreal Engine is shader comp =P

Hopefully with Unreal 5.1 and later I wont have to.

Reactions: snc
Reading these comments it looks like I'm the only one who is disappointed with the visuals.

I just expected this to look better given the smaller scale environments and minimal on screen characters compared to other games.

I always remember fighters being the pinnacle of graphics at one point.

• Wow
Reactions: snc
I know that's just a game, but when I see those monster completely lower their guard just to throw a punch, it all falls apart.
Anyway, I don't know if this is just a teaser or really representative of the final product, but personally was expecting more.

When it comes to stuttering in UE games these days I tend to be cautious rather than optimistic.
I dont know about the PC version, but the console version has zero stutter. And based on the videos I ve seen the PC version most likely has zero stutters too.
This is probably the biggest fighter in EVO tournaments and stutters are a huge no no in serious fighting games.

Reading these comments it looks like I'm the only one who is disappointed with the visuals.

I just expected this to look better given the smaller scale environments and minimal on screen characters compared to other games.

I always remember fighters being the pinnacle of graphics at one point.

The characters are top notch. The environment looks extremely realistic and crazy animated but absent from variety of assets due to its nature. I expect characters to look equally detailed in other environments, and Tekken has been known for it's multiple themed asset rich 3D roamed stages, so I dont expect disappointments there either. I am not sure what more you wanted to see from this teaser.

Back