Xbox Series S [XBSS] [Release November 10 2020]

Anyone know how to turn off usb power when Xbox series is turned off?

There's a setting somewhere... It's somewhere in the section about keeping drives powered up or not. However, I think that is strictly for the USB HD standards.

I don't think that works for non USB Drives. So I doubt it will do anything for third party batteries that don't have auto-cutoff if you want to recharge overnight by keeping your controller plugged in. If that's what you're trying to do.

There's a setting somewhere...

It's somewhere in the section about keeping drives powered up or not.

However I don't know if that goes for third party batteries that don't have auto-cutoff if you want to recharge overnight by keeping your controller plugged in. If that's what you're trying to do.

Despite its labeled as turn off storage, that option only stops Xbox from accessing the storage (maybe the storage was simply unmounted). Instead of truly turning it off.

Despite its labeled as turn off storage, that option only stops Xbox from accessing the storage (maybe the storage was simply unmounted). Instead of truly turning it off.

That is a toggle for controlling the USB standards. It seems not all external drives or enclosures support it.

I'm lazy AF. I'll probably just gonna buy a "smart" power strip and control it from cortana.... Uh.... Google assistant. (I miss cortana)

Btw googling around, turns out not all usb storage device can go into "sleep mode" when Xbox told it to do so, since Xbox one.

Some reports their usb hdd keeps spinning up and down every 30 secs, some says their USB SSD got super hot and their Xbox series x forced the whole system to shutdown (this is actually a nice feature. So the Xbox actually monitors the USB storage temperature), there's also reports of their usb hdd or ssd led keeps blinking every 30s, etc

None reports issue with USB flash disk. I wonder if it's because USB flash disk follows the "sleep mode" standard more rigorously, or simply because USB flash disk use so little power (thus no noticeable heat), makes no sound, and very rarely have an led, so this issue went unnoticed.

Screenshot_20220620-191350_Photos.png

7 quick resumes! Whoa

I wonder how many we can cram into the quick resume pool if we use smaller games

Btw why Xbox Series gamepad audio jack output have noise? That thing is totally wireless, battery powered. There should not be noise

Last edited:
Btw why Xbox Series gamepad audio jack output have noise? That thing is totally wireless, battery powered. There should not be noise
No idea what you're talking about. I never heard this at all, ever.

No idea what you're talking about. I never heard this at all, ever.

Yep and I cant find it on Google. I do find Apple earphones didn't work properly. Resulting in buzzing and beeping.

But Mine's just normal jbl earphones and normal noise you often got with badly isolated circuit or cable.

Yep and I cant find it on Google. I do find Apple earphones didn't work properly. Resulting in buzzing and beeping.

But Mine's just normal jbl earphones and normal noise you often got with badly isolated circuit or cable.
That's because Apple uses a non-standard CTIA implementation in their headphones. They are somehow "CTIA compliant" while not working properly with non-apple devices, which to me means that they aren't.

Anyone know what the rubber feet is called and where can I buy it?

My xss is missing one feet
You have the most talented and creative pets, or you have an adventurous sock gnome that has moved on to other items.

You can get some on ebay but I only found black ones. I think they are the same size as the One S feet.

Yeah seems noone selling them in white.

The glue ms used is not sticky enough. I tried prying other feet and they peeled so easily

Anyone have any ideas why Xbox series run 1080p game at a much sharper picture than a PS4 pro?

I only compared destiny 1 tho

Anyone have any ideas why Xbox series run 1080p game at a much sharper picture than a PS4 pro?

I only compared destiny 1 tho
I don't know in this situation but maybe possibly some or any of the following:

Higher resolution textures (affording by larger memory pool 8GB versus 5.5GB)
Higher Quality Texture Filtering such as AF (Anisotropic Filtering)
Higher Quality Color Filtering and Blending elsewhere in the hardware pipeline

Different upscaling methods i guess. PS4 Pro might be running a simple bilinear upscale while the XSX might runs lanczos.
Destiny 1 famously runs the same settings across the consoles though the XSX forces x16 AF

Back