The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Why is everyone bonkers about this show? I looked up the show's description and it didn't scream, "WOW!," to me.

I know it must be good, but how and why should I watch it? Am I missing something?

Also, Doctor Who Flux sux. :(
so succession is a drama about a murdoch-esque family where the head of the family is getting old and its about who will succeed him and it has some of the best comedy writers on staff. the way they talk to each other is just epic. its not a comedy but its very funny and there is great production values, music, script, acting and everyone are just varying degrees of asshole

its truly fascinating

Well Cowboy Bebop is out now on Netflix. :D

I am also enjoying the League of Legends series Arcane, also out on Netflix. I enjoy the art style and story is also good.

saw first episode of wheel of time and i enjoyed it. ive read all the books but im interested in seeing where they go with the show. theres not a lot of good fantasy on tv

Good to hear. I really want to watch it, but I'm going to wait until all the episodes are released before I watch it.

Regards,
SB

Watched the first episode of Wheel of Time last night. Seems like a show that belongs on CW. Bunch of young actors reading a generic script, going through the motions of the scene. Terrible cinematography and coordination of the big attack.

It's enough by the numbers that it will probably do well.

I watched the first episode of Wheel of Time but will wait with the rest until seeing more positive reactions from the readers. There were just so many unnecessary changes from the books already, IMO that does not bode well for the ret of the series.

Watched the first 3 episodes of Wheel of Time. It's not shit. It might be alright. Doesn't come off as anything close to GoT or WestWorld or The Expanse. Haven't read the books so no idea on how the adaptation is.

I am also enjoying the League of Legends series Arcane, also out on Netflix. I enjoy the art style and story is also good.

I haven't played the games so I had no knowledge of that world. I have watched all episodes they had available on Wednesdsy. Very good series so far. Can't wait until the next set of episodes are out.

Arcane seems like the better series to watch than Wheel of Time, if I had to pick.

I haven't played the games so I had no knowledge of that world. I have watched all episodes they had available on Wednesdsy. Very good series so far. Can't wait until the next set of episodes are out.

Arcane seems like the better series to watch than Wheel of Time, if I had to pick.
Yeah, I also haven't played LoL. I actually downloaded it the other day but still haven't booted it up. It's supposed to be like Dota. I am really enjoying Arcane. The new three episodes(7-9) are available now.

One additional thing about Amazon's Wheel of Time series. So far it feels a good bit like the first season of Britannia when Amazon was involved with it. Specifically the production value -- the sets, the scenes, the acting, the series writing, the delivery, the cinematography.

yeah WoT is not GREAT but its not Sword of Truth shit level either

they already renewed it for a second season before even airing a single episode so lets see how it goes

The Sword of Truth adaptation hurt my soul. That's another one of my favorite book series. And the adaptation ... /cry.

Regards,
SB
yeah sam raimi went down many notches for me for making legend of the seeker in that way

yeah sam raimi went down many notches for me for making legend of the seeker in that way

Oh wow, that tv series was from a respectable book series. I never knew that. I thought it was from the writers of Hercules and Xena series. :LOL:

Oh god, that Sword of Truth attempt was an abomination. I'll take this Wheel of Time over that any day lol. It's a pity something like SoT likely wouldn't ever be re-visited. One of my favorite fantasy series.

Thanks for the Succession recommendation! My wife is in love and I've watched it 3 times over her shoulder already. (She tends to fall asleep and they just keep playing, I let them and let her. ;) )

Great show, always surprising and hilarious even though it's a drama. :)

Back