Movie Reviews 2.0

Does not look good for the movie. I'm sorry, but I just can't get into the movie when it's premise so wouldn't happen the way they showed it. There is no way
Dr Strange casts that spell. Ever. They should have had Wanda cast the spell. She'd do it in a hearbeat.
I’m not familiar, does Dr Strange do this spell-gone-wrong kind of thing in the comics?

I’m not familiar, does Dr Strange do this spell-gone-wrong kind of thing in the comics?

I haven't followed the comics either, but going off his very pensive actions in the Infinity Stones saga. It just doesn't seem to be like his character anymore. Before he turned into DrStrange and was only an egotistical doctor he may have tried something like that, but he's grown a lot since then. At least that's how his character seems to me now.

I haven't followed the comics either, but going off his very pensive actions in the Infinity Stones saga. It just doesn't seem to be like his character anymore. Before he turned into DrStrange and was only an egotistical doctor he may have tried something like that, but he's grown a lot since then. At least that's how his character seems to me now.
Mmm I think we need to see what really goes on in the movie. If anything it’s entertaining, I’ll give them that

Going to see Shang Chi tomorrow - can't wait!
I'm jealous, I wanna see it but I can't bring myself to go to a theater yet. My wife and daughter have compromised immune systems so I have to play it safe.

The movie looks fantastic, hope it lives up to expectations and hope you enjoy it!

I watched "The Protege" last night with Samuel Jackson, Michael Keaton, and Maggy Q and it was pretty good. Nothing oscar worthy, but a fun assasins movie. :)

Going to see Shang Chi tomorrow - can't wait!

I'm also going to see it tomorrow, the first 2.30pm showing. I had quite a few gift tickets that can be used for any movie, which had a "valid until" date last year, but with movie theaters being closed their date has been pushed back many times. I don't even know how long they are still good for, but I'm glad I still got to use them :)

Saw Free Guy last week and liked it. Black Widow also wasn't too bad and it had one Finnish sentence spoken near the end, so that's an extra point!

Was this a comic book character or invented for the movies, so that they can maximize appeal in China and other Asian markets?
Yes. It was a comic book character they added during the '70s kung fu craze to be Marvel's Bruce Lee. He was originally called "Kung Fu Master" and it was their Asian exploitation to play to the times.

Man, I had no idea you know that kind of people well enough to come over and watch a movie.
I just hate it when they stop by without calling first. :|

I enjoyed it as well. Perhaps I was a little overhyped going in though. I'll give it 4/5. I think it hits most things right enough and has some really nice scenes/shots. I personally think the fight scenes in general could have been better though. They were good, but not "epic tier" imo. other than maybe just 1 or 2 moments in them. It's quite a fast paced movie in general and I wish few portions would have been given a bit more time and personally the
Ben Kingsley character didn't really work for me

Tomorrow War was hilariously bad for a while, then it got embarrassing and in the end I was so happy it was over. Probably best watched not sober.

I'm sort of half way through it right now. I like the way that the veterans soldiers don't bother to tell those conscripted anything at all about the enemy or where to shoot them, until most of the conscripts have been wiped out. That made complete sense!

CONFESSION: I've never really liked Dune. Read the books growing up and was sort of "meh" to them, same as Lord of the Rings. Just not my cup of tea somehow.

I can get how people get in to it, but I just don't. Hoping I'll like Foundation as I loved the books, and pretty much all things Asimov. :love:

Back