Alan Wake Remastered

Rewriting history – Alan Wake Remastered brings the writer’s story to PS4 and PS5

At Remedy, our passion are the stories we bring to our fans through the medium of video games. With great pleasure, we’re proud to bring the complete version of our classic story-driven horror experience Alan Wake to PlayStation for the very first time.

I’m thrilled to announce that Alan Wake Remastered is being released for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, giving you the chance to finally take part in Alan Wake’s journey into the night on October 5. Alan Wake Remastered is the graphically enhanced version of the original game first released in 2010. Now, we are bringing you the complete Alan Wake experience, including the two story-expansions The Signal and The Writer, originally released as DLCs, with all-new 4K visuals, updated environments, cutscenes, and a brand-new making-of commentary where I take a trip down memory lane.

Read More: https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...ered-brings-the-writers-story-to-ps4-and-ps5/

I'm glad PlayStation owners who haven't experienced the game on other platforms will finally get to experience the game if they want. While overhyped during the X360 gen, this was one of my favorite games from that console generation. I loved the story and setting.

Also, considering that Remedy has said that Alan Wake exists in the same world as Control, I wonder if they'll have added anything into the remaster to tie into Control a little bit.

The first game (the one being remastered) is better than the second game, IMO. But I know people that liked the second game more since it's more action oriented than the first game which was more story and atmosphere oriented.

Man, I would absolutely LOVE a new Alan Wake game.

Regards,
SB

It's a great game. I like trying it with all sorts of old hardware since it's a DirectX 10 game. Oh wait this is console land.

It's also an interesting XBox 360 title. They really pushed the hardware.

But oh boy another remake.

Last edited:
Also, considering that Remedy has said that Alan Wake exists in the same world as Control, I wonder if they'll have added anything into the remaster to tie into Control a little bit.
Alan Wake actually appears in Control.
I don’t know if it happened in a DLC, but the connection doesn't exist only in mentions and claims.

This remaster is just the exact same thing but with higher visual and audio quality or it Wil have QoL improvements?

Back