Halo Infinite [Fall 2021] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Yes you're right, I had a look at another clip on youtube and couldnt really see any big slowdown
Isnt this game just quake3 arena?
It’s “arena”. In that vein yes. It’s the type of mode

from a strategy perspective they are similar. But how they play out is fairly different. Quake is all about gathering Items, from armour to health and weapons and ammo. It’s hugely in favour of the person who just won the last fight to continue picking up stuff. If you respawn with nothing you are basically sneaking around the map looking for things before you engage.

Halo is fairly downsized in that regard, and focuses on the combat trinity of gun, grenade, melee. You can kill fairly effectively with respawn load out, where you basically have no chance in quake. And so people are comfortable engaging right away without needing the best weapons.

And then there are vehicles in halo. And strafe jumping, rocket and grenade jumping in quake. They are very different when it comes to movement.

Focus on MultiPlayer and single player Campaign for release. CoOp Campaign will be roughly 3 months later. Forge will hit around 6 months after release.
Sounds like right priorities and a good release schedule for feature drops.

But it really does make you wonder how bad things would've been if released a year ago, as obviously more than just touching up the engine was required.

I know people aren't expecting it to look amazing on current gen, but I'm hoping after all this time that it will look really good in campaign.

Epic fail, but I'm so far behind (still have to play 2 through 5 and Reach with my son before this one) that it likely won't impact me in the slightest.

It's pretty deceitful that they even suggested it could come out last year. I call Sony out for bullshit all the time around here, so I'll call MS out on this one. "Engine tweaks" my ass. LOL.

Hmm. Not sure how I feel about this. Couldn't care less for Forge, but no Co-Op at launch? That seems like a big miss. It might make me wait for co-op instead of playing it at launch. Nice thing it's on Game Pass. So it's not such a big deal to be there on day 1. Would be interesting to find out what contributed to that. Working on 5 different consoles & a PC release? Or updating the graphics? 343 were "damned if they do, damned if they don't" with their delay. Wonder what was available for a 2020 launch? Multiplayer only? The campaign didn't look that bad. But if it didn't include co-op, then no wonder they delayed. Sucks all around. 343 can't seem to do anything right & Microsoft can't seem to catch a break. Hopefully, it will all work out. But damn, no co-op at launch? :devilish::no:

Tommy McClain

Last edited:
It's safe to say that for the audience MS is trying to attract with this release multiplayer is what matters the most and that co-op isn't that instrumental in their plans to get the COD crowd interested. Still ridiculous though.

Yeah, missed oppurtunity is an understatement. Might as well delay campaign 3 months so they can release with co-op. Maybe the free-to-play is launching on the anniversary date & campaign is out 24 days later? Wasn't there talks about Game Pass subscribers would get it like 3 days earlier? So maybe it releases December 5 on Game Pass & everybody else on the 8th?

Not making me real confident about the quality of the game at launch. Might be good to wait a week or 2 anyway.

Tommy McClain

Would it be nice to drop on the anniversary, sure.
But really not a big deal at all.
I'm sure they'll at least put out a tweet to celebrate it.

Edit:
Well more than a tweet.
Custom limited edition controller and XSX

Last edited:
But still no campaign gameplay. :oops: Really worrisome.

I've decided to hold off playing until co-op launches. Hopefully I have enough self-restraint.

The new controllers & console look ace, but I think I will save my money.

Tommy McClain

I think it has more to do with giving Battlefield and CoD a wide berth than with not being able to get the game done by November.

I'm two Halo games behind now, so I don't really care, but this game's development was certainly troubled.

Scalpers are horrible. All companies need to figure out how to sell direct to consumers.

No one knows since they have yet to show anything new.

Tommy McClain
Don't need to show it to say that it has full current gen update.
We just wouldn't know how it look.

I know they've put out some screen shots, so thought might've been in one of those updates.
Was gonna say not long now, but I guess it's over 3 months.

Don't need to show it to say that it has full current gen update.
We just wouldn't know how it look.

True. I usually just go from trailer to trailer for my updates. I don't get down & dirty with the all the monthly updates from 343, but I had a quick look over some of them & I didn't see specific mention of raytracing, but better global illumination & other features did get mentioned back in December & the campaign & dynamic time-of-day lighting system got highlighted in February.

From those updates it sounds like there should be a marked improvement over the first/last campaign demo. Provided they actually hit their goals. Guess we'll find out closer to launch.

Tommy McClain

True. I usually just go from trailer to trailer for my updates. I don't get down & dirty with the all the monthly updates from 343, but I had a quick look over some of them & I didn't see specific mention of raytracing, but better global illumination & other features did get mentioned back in December & the campaign & dynamic time-of-day lighting system got highlighted in February.

From those updates it sounds like there should be a marked improvement over the first/last campaign demo. Provided they actually hit their goals. Guess we'll find out closer to launch.

Tommy McClain
Thanks, didn't mean for you to trawl through it.
Just thought someone might know who kept up with all that.

Sounds like could still be last gen updates.
So maybe the full current gen update might be post release.

Definitely going to be interesting how this all plays out.
With a lot of people worrying about the state of it now, might work in their favour to lower expectations.

Back