Abandoned

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
Sometimes it doesn't take much to convince a more naïve investor with smoke and mirrors to give them some money for a project. I don't really see any other possibility here.

I've met quite a few investors when I was considering building a startup.
You'll need to introduce me to these rich naive investors who put all these millions on videogame indie developers who never worked for major dev studios nor made a dime on previous projects.

I've met quite a few investors when I was considering building a startup.
You'll need to introduce me to these rich naive investors who put all these millions on videogame indie developers who never worked for major dev studios nor made a dime on previous projects.
Seriously, I know first hand at least two wealthy investors who have given up to 7-figure sums to 'projects' (=ideas) before any business plans were even drawn up. One was some 'fitness' thing, the other I forget. They do exist! :)

Seriously, I know first hand at least two wealthy investors who have given up to 7-figure sums to 'projects' (=ideas) before any business plans were even drawn up. One was some 'fitness' thing, the other I forget. They do exist! :)

To randos who knocked on their doorstep? To friends and family? So much information missing here :p

To randos who knocked on their doorstep? To friends and family? So much information missing here :p
Well, to friends/acquaintances technically, clearly not random people. Still, the point is that it is not impossible to raise funds for something if you know the right people and have an idea that sounds cool enough, even if there is literally nothing behind it.

I think Bloober Team will do a nice Silent Hill game through their partnership with Konami.

I think Bloober Team will do a nice Silent Hill game through their partnership with Konami.
imo they are too smal team, they are very good with making atmospheric aa games but for such a big title bigger studio with more money and resources would be preferred

With guerilla games engine, do you realy compare blair witch, layer of fear or medium to Death Stranding ? :D If yes ok strongly disagree but as a Pole kudos for Bloober that some gamers thinks this way ;)
They are radically different games, I wouldn't compare them. I'm just commenting on the "Bloober is too small" assertion, where some are hoping for a Kojima developed Silent Hill, even though that team would be smaller.

They are radically different games, I wouldn't compare them. I'm just commenting on the "Bloober is too small" assertion, where some are hoping for a Kojima developed Silent Hill, even though that team would be smaller.
ok but in Kojima team there are probably many veterans that used to worked earlier on Metal Gear Solids games, so absolutly top of aaa games, sometimes hiring more people don't make you top class/aaa studio

ok but in Kojima team there are probably many veterans that used to worked earlier on Metal Gear Solids games, so absolutly top of aaa games, sometimes hiring more people don't make you top class/aaa studio
Bloober team is only 3 years younger than Kojima Productions and since 2016 have shipped 5 times the amount of titles. I get what you are saying, and I would assume Kojima assembled a team of vets with lots of experience, but I'm not sure of that. I know Shinkawa is there, but I don't know that the current Kojima Productions team has more experience shipping titles that Bloober does, given the frequency of releases. I'm not trying to be contrarian here, I really don't know. There have been, what, 5 mainline, Kojima team Metal Gear games since 2008 (and that counts Ground Zeroes, which I wouldn't consider a AAA release at all). So even if the entire team moved from Konami to Kojima Productions (which we know isn't true since some of that team worked on Metal Gear Survive), Bloober would have released the same amount of games in 8 less years than Kojima's team.

I just don't understand the push against Bloober making a Silent Hill game and the calls for Kojima Productions to make one. Bloober have a proven track record for completing and shipping games in the genre. Other than PT (which isn't a game, it's a teaser), Kojima has no track record in the genre. And I keep hearing stuff like, Bloober is too small, or doesn't have enough experience, etc. But they are larger than Kojima Productions, and nearly as old, with more shipped games on modern consoles.

Not to mention they can get help from Konami, that's part of their partnership too.

Bloober team is only 3 years younger than Kojima Productions and since 2016 have shipped 5 times the amount of titles. I get what you are saying, and I would assume Kojima assembled a team of vets with lots of experience, but I'm not sure of that. I know Shinkawa is there, but I don't know that the current Kojima Productions team has more experience shipping titles that Bloober does, given the frequency of releases. I'm not trying to be contrarian here, I really don't know. There have been, what, 5 mainline, Kojima team Metal Gear games since 2008 (and that counts Ground Zeroes, which I wouldn't consider a AAA release at all). So even if the entire team moved from Konami to Kojima Productions (which we know isn't true since some of that team worked on Metal Gear Survive), Bloober would have released the same amount of games in 8 less years than Kojima's team.

I just don't understand the push against Bloober making a Silent Hill game and the calls for Kojima Productions to make one. Bloober have a proven track record for completing and shipping games in the genre. Other than PT (which isn't a game, it's a teaser), Kojima has no track record in the genre. And I keep hearing stuff like, Bloober is too small, or doesn't have enough experience, etc. But they are larger than Kojima Productions, and nearly as old, with more shipped games on modern consoles.
For me is simple, bloober didnt reales any great aaa game just few good/avarage aa games, Kojima is one of most respected game director in game industry and even after break with konami he delivered aaa game that even won some game of the year awards

It's not like Silent Hill has been masterpieces on their games.

Looking at metacritic PlayStation, the last 3 games on PS (PS3) were rated 71, 70, and 64. You have to go all the way back to PS2 for higher rated, listed in reverse chronological order at 77, 70, 76, 85 and 89. It seems like they've gotten worse as time goes on or gamers have gotten bored of that genre.

For me is simple, bloober didnt reales any great aaa game just few good/avarage aa games, Kojima is one of most respected game director in game industry and even after break with konami he delivered aaa game that even won some game of the year awards
Is Death Stranding a good game? Is it a AAA game? Is it even a game?

It's not like Silent Hill has been masterpieces on their games.

Looking at metacritic PlayStation, the last 3 games on PS (PS3) were rated 71, 70, and 64. You have to go all the way back to PS2 for higher rated, listed in reverse chronological order at 77, 70, 76, 85 and 89. It seems like they've gotten worse as time goes on or gamers have gotten bored of that genre.
Yes, Silent Hill games got mediocre after western and eastern european developers started making them.
Games made by Team Silent, Japan (1-4) were good, even great.

Back