Desk, Office, Gaming Chairs?

Car seats are actually expensive, but it is a fine idea that would be a fun project. Slider party is useless, but would be easier to leave it all together to make constructing a custom base easier.

My chair is at a definite angle now and my back hurt yesterday from sitting in it, so I went ahead and ordered this chair which should be here Saturday.

It's less than I planned on and more than my wife wanted, so I figure the price is rightish. Feature-wise it looks pretty good, there's some other functions I'd like but then the price gets too high. Hoping this is a good balance. Either way I just want a less broken chair as soon as possible. :/
And of course it had to happen sooner or later, my wife tried my chair today. Now I'm sitting in a 4-5 year old Lazyboy that's falling apart. It's leaning to the right hard and also forward so it's hard to just sit in it. I was gonna go out and actually sit in chairs to test them, but there ain't no decent places near by that sell them for anything like a reasonable price. Just clicked on the Amazon link I got my chair from and it's currently $30 less than I paid for it, so I'm sort of thinking of just ordering another one since I like it and apparently so does my wife. (She's RAVING about how much better her back feels in it!)

I must have a thing about attracting red chair sales. Found this one and I really like it, it's 21.4 inches wide at the narrowest in the seat which is about an inch wider than most others in this category.

The Autonomous one I didn't like so much after reading a few reviews, I'm going a little insane searching for just the right chair when I know it doesn't exist. I'm letting the perfect get in the way of way good enough, gonna have to quit looking soon and just get one!

My chair came today, I was QUITE excited! The box felt lighter than I'd hoped, light usually means "cheap" to me, but not in this case. In this case light meant "someone sent it back in without a seat cushion and we just sold it without checking".

HRRRRRRM!

On the plus side the armrests felt like crap to me so I cancelled it and am getting a refund and different chair. They pick up the box of parts tomorrow.

Anyone seen any fun looking chairs?

My chair came today, I was QUITE excited! The box felt lighter than I'd hoped, light usually means "cheap" to me, but not in this case. In this case light meant "someone sent it back in without a seat cushion and we just sold it without checking".

HRRRRRRM!

On the plus side the armrests felt like crap to me so I cancelled it and am getting a refund and different chair. They pick up the box of parts tomorrow.

Anyone seen any fun looking chairs?

It was the EGOSI ?

Yup. Went back yesterday. Giving a UPS driver a chair box through a front door without letting your 2 german shephards out is a trick I learned in a hurry.

This one with these are coming tomorrow, hopefully I'll have better luck. If the armrest cushions don't fit my new chair they'll fit my wife's which could use them, which also might become my chair again if she likes this one better. LOL

Not as nice, but it's quite comfortable and not only had all the parts but I have five extra bolts left over! :D (They're extra/spares included)

I like! The arms had slots where attached to the bottom so it has about an inch extra room if you want it between the armrests. The armrests slide a little too easy for my likings, but I'll get used to it as they're comfortable and I like how they adjust to me. The lumbar support is adjustable, but you have to adjust it before you screw the back together and if you want to change it you have to remove a few bolts first and add or remove some spacer rings. I read about that before getting it so knew in advance and just spaced it right before I put it together.

This one has a seat, and it's very comfortable. It's the exact same size as my last chair's seat, but that extra inch between the armrests makes it feel just a bit bigger and gives me just enough room to sit comfortably cross legged in it.

The back feels great! This headrest is much more adjustable and therefore usable than my last one, this chair feels great to lean back in or rock in.

That's my first impressions after sitting in it for 5 minutes after assembling it. Spent about 25 minutes putting it together, but I took my time and adjusted it as I went.

Armrest covers just came, they're incredibly comfortable and I feel I should have gotten them years ago! They're as revolutionary as the bloody inline skate wheels instead of the plastic casters, and they're just as transferable from chair to chair.

Memory foam arm rests, HIGHLY recommended!

I didn't even know about the arm rest covers but am happy to hear about them. I'll get some later to try and rescue my crappy chair.

Last edited:
Back