AMD Radeon RDNA2 Navi (RX 6500, 6600, 6700, 6800, 6900 XT)

Thats not a fact, its an opinion.
I just paid 1049+tax after tax for a 3070.
lol the deal on PS5 is pretty damn good at 629 + tax.
XSX even cheaper at 599 + tax

Nvidia isn't cheap imo. I will be working to convert this into ROI of some sort, but it's quite costly.

I just paid 1049+tax after tax for a 3070.
lol the deal on PS5 is pretty damn good at 629 + tax.
XSX even cheaper at 599 + tax

Nvidia isn't cheap imo. I will be working to convert this into ROI of some sort, but it's quite costly.

And others might find it worth it to enjoy better graphics/ray tracing etc. Also these are quite inflated prices to begin with. Where im from its not even possible to get a ps5 at msrp.

And others might find it worth it to enjoy better graphics/ray tracing etc
Yeap.
Prepare to buy Navi thirty one.
At a small little price of only $2499.
I think there's more mentions of DLSS and RTX in this thread as compared to Navi 2x or DSBR/ngg /sadpanda
Can't be helped; our green friends are feeling really-really threatened those days.
Now imagine the sheer volume of skreeching next year in RDNA3 threads.

Either way there's not much to discuss here besides that 6600M in Omen 16" being really funny with power/SS offsets (like 116W in combined load).

Aa Bondrewd pointed out, it doesn't state "raytracing is a scam" but that ultra rt setting compared to high is (probably due performance difference being too great for visual difference)
Most 'Ultra' settings are rarely worth it IQ-wise in general, not just RT.

Most 'Ultra' settings are rarely worth it IQ-wise in general, not just RT.
From what I see in reviews and DF's analyses, there's a lot of settings where we don't even notice the difference between medium and high, let alone high vs. ultra.

I was totally one of those guys who sought to get Ultra maxxed out everywhere almost all my life, but in recent years I came to understand that Ultra settings are mostly placebo, at the cost of immense drops in performance.

We also learn about that in the PC-equivalent settings that devs select for the console versions.
There are some devs whose job is to push the best possible visuals on consoles, and in pretty powerful beasts like the PS5 and the Series X we're learning that they're actually selecting "medium" settings on a lot of parameters because the IQ difference is negligible and they'd rather provide higher dynamic resolution and/or frame stability.

From what I see in reviews and DF's analyses, there's a lot of settings where we don't even notice the difference between medium and high, let alone high vs. ultra.

I was totally one of those guys who sought to get Ultra maxxed out everywhere almost all my life, but in recent years I came to understand that Ultra settings are mostly placebo, at the cost of immense drops in performance.

We also learn about that in the PC-equivalent settings that devs select for the console versions.
There are some devs whose job is to push the best possible visuals on consoles, and in pretty powerful beasts like the PS5 and the Series X we're learning that they're actually selecting "medium" settings on a lot of parameters because the IQ difference is negligible and they'd rather provide higher dynamic resolution and/or frame stability.

While this is true in many cases, it's equally true that often there are fairly significant differences in quality between the console settings and PC Ultra (or just very high) settings. Metro Enhanced and Watch Dogs Legion are a couple of examples that spring to mind. While I acknowledge that people may not care for these arguably marginal graphical upgrades, what I have found quite interesting over the last 9 months or so is just how much importance console gamers put on high frame rates (despite the good old claims of cinematic 30fps). So the way I see it, if you don't care about those marginal graphics upgrades, you always have the option of pouring all that extra performance into frame rate. If you can get the same or better graphics at twice the frame rate, and with the likes of DLSS, better image quality to boot, that seems like a worthwhile upgrade.

And it all started with the statement that "ray tracing" was a scam. How civil is that?

Kaotik and Bondrewd have already addressed this, but I’ll just add that the sensitivity of green team fanboys has ruined the civility and quality of discussion on here.

No one is saying that RT (or DLSS for that matter) is a scam. People are merely questioning the performance-IQ-monetary trade offs at various points in time. This is distinctly different from saying that a new technology or standard is a scam. If the Nvidia fans would try to understand this difference, maybe we can all try and actually discuss matters of substance again.

You are the last person to notice a change in civility.

C’mon man, that’s not necessary. He made a valid point.

While I acknowledge that people may not care for these arguably marginal graphical upgrades, what I have found quite interesting over the last 9 months or so is just how much importance console gamers put on high frame rates (despite the good old claims of cinematic 30fps).

I've found that interesting too and I'd love if Microsoft or Sony, or the individual studios themselves, would present their statistics over what mode has been used the most by their userbases.

Yup, looks like no stock today.

So last week they didn't drop any stock for the 6800XT or 6800, and this week there was no stock at all.

Back