AMD Radeon RDNA2 Navi (RX 6500, 6600, 6700, 6800, 6900 XT)

ZLLK5TW.jpg

We're almost 9 months away from release though.
At this point, unless I can get a Navi 21 or GA102 for a sizeable discount below MSRP, I'll probably hold on to my Vega 64 for another 8 months and get a Navi 31 / Lovelace instead.

That soon?? I figured it would be late 2022 before we got anything. If we're only looking at 9 months then I may well hold on too. Or at least just pick up something more sensible like a 3060 just to tide me over if I can get one for MSRP in the next couple of months or so. Can always sell it on a couple of weeks before the new GPU's launch.

That soon?? I figured it would be late 2022 before we got anything. If we're only looking at 9 months then I may well hold on too. Or at least just pick up something more sensible like a 3060 just to tide me over if I can get one for MSRP in the next couple of months or so. Can always sell it on a couple of weeks before the new GPU's launch.

I’m also not expecting anything new this year. Where is the idea coming from that Navi31 or Lovelace will show up in 2021?

I’m also not expecting anything new this year. Where is the idea coming from that Navi31 or Lovelace will show up in 2021?

That idea came up from your own post.
I wrote "8 months from now", which puts it at late Q1 2022 as @Bondrewd 's been hinting.

kopite7kimi has been hinting at the end of 2022 for both RDNA3 and Lovelace. And he's the only leaker out there with an impeccable track record.

I think his "5nm is right" means just that the next nvidia will be 5nm, not that the suggested codename for it was?
Roughly, GeForce next will be SEC 4LPP (custom 5nm EUV for NVDA). Hopper will be TSMC 5nm MCM for heavy compute workloads. Both are under nearly parallel development for a close release date. The interesting part is that Nvidia can easily change the target segment of each design to counter RDNA3 (for example if monolithic AD102 is not enough to keep the gaming crown, they can do a crazy 4090 MCM for gamers). Nvidia bought lot of 5nm capacity from TSMC for 2022. They can do it.
One thing is sure, if people think that Nvidia will let RDNA3 shine, they don't understand Jensen and his ego. "Whatever the price" my friend told me...

custom 5nm EUV for NVDA
Bro 4LPE and 4LPP are on-roadmap nodes for Samsung Semicon.
Both are under nearly parallel development for a close release date.
Lol.
The interesting part is that Nvidia can easily change the target segment of each design to counter RDNA3
Lol.
That's not how any of this works.
Nvidia bought lot of 5nm capacity from TSMC for 2022
Nope, the N5 2022 bulk is Apple, then AMD, then MTK and THEN nV.
One thing is sure, if people think that Nvidia will let RDNA3 shine, they don't understand Jensen and his ego
Oooh how spoopy.
This song and dance was about Intel too, and now not even their CEO expects anything class-leading till 2024.
"Whatever the price" my friend told me...
Yeah that's Navi31.

Roughly, GeForce next will be SEC 4LPP (custom 5nm EUV for NVDA). Hopper will be TSMC 5nm MCM for heavy compute workloads. Both are under nearly parallel development for a close release date. The interesting part is that Nvidia can easily change the target segment of each design to counter RDNA3 (for example if monolithic AD102 is not enough to keep the gaming crown, they can do a crazy 4090 MCM for gamers). Nvidia bought lot of 5nm capacity from TSMC for 2022. They can do it.
One thing is sure, if people think that Nvidia will let RDNA3 shine, they don't understand Jensen and his ego. "Whatever the price" my friend told me...

Plus, you know, every compagny make mistakes but nVidia has been on a roll for years... nVidia seems less leaky that AMD so the buzz is around RDNA3 like RDNA2 was, but I doubt nVidia is just waiting...

nVidia seems less leaky
Yeah they just outright dumped their till 2025 roadmaps to prop their stock.
so the buzz is around RDNA3 like RDNA2 was
W-hat.
I'm 100% sure of my information and my source
Who cares my thing is an actual allocation quota for 2022.
AMD and MTK might swap places depending on how D2k goes around.
D1000 wasn't exactly super popular unfortunately.

Plus, you know, every compagny make mistakes but nVidia has been on a roll for years... nVidia seems less leaky that AMD so the buzz is around RDNA3 like RDNA2 was, but I doubt nVidia is just waiting...
Absolutely. Hopper development started in 2015 and it was planed to launched on TSMC 7nm. But too much internal politics between gaming group and compute guys, between "legacy with incremental step" and "breakthrough design". For example, its been a while that the compute gurus want to launch a pure AI accelerator...

Back