Elden Ring [2022-21-01] [PS, XB, PC]

And it has a release date of Jan. 2022. I so cannot wait for this. Most anticipated game for me of anything that's likely to be shown this year.

Regards,
SB

Holy **** I can't wait for this game. Looks AMAZING.

Can't wait to delve into another Miyazaki world full of deep lore and amazing world design.

I got teary eyes and goosebumps when they showed the trailer. The wife laughed her ass off when she saw me lol.

certainly don't see any GGRM influence here though. Not enough cocks and tits.

I love miyazaki (director that I have given most 8+ ratings on IMDB @ 7 films ), though his recent films were a step down, but thats with nearly everyone its very rare to produce your best stuff at the end of your career 60+ yrs, though some composers did manage. GRR Martin I have no interest in as I gave up on GOT after 1 season, but that obviously floats a lot of ppls boats, but its the same thing hes at the end of his career.

I love the atmosphere, graphically parts look very nice but other parts look average but still a ways to go before release so no doubt will be improved

I love miyazaki (director that I have given most 8+ ratings on IMDB @ 7 films ), though his recent films were a step down, but thats with nearly everyone its very rare to produce your best stuff at the end of your career 60+ yrs, though some composers did manage.
I think it's better ti clarify that the Miyazaki involved in the production of this project Is Hidetaka Miyazaki, presidente of FromSoftware and directory of games likes Demon's Soul, Dark Soul, Bloodborne or Sekiro: Shadow die twice. Hayao Miyazaki, co-founder of studio Ghibli and directory of some of the greatest anime (stuff like Laputa, Naausica, Totoro, Porco Rosso, Mononoke Ime, Spirited Away and Ponyo) has nothing to do with it

Last edited:
I think it's better ti clarify that the Miyazaki involved in the production of this project Is Hidetaka Miyazaki, presidente of FromSoftware and directory of games likes Demon's Soul, Dark Soul, Bloodborne or Sekiro: Shadow die twice. Hayao Miyazaki, co-founder of studio Ghibli and directory of some of the greatest anime (stuff like Laputa, Naausica, Totoro, Porco Rosso, Mononoke Ime, Spirited Away and Ponyo) has nothing to do with it
whoops Im a dickhead :LOL: Never heard of that another miyazaki (except the directors sun who didnt do a good job with one of my childhood fav books, earthsea )
Though I have heard of those games, lots of famous titles

I'm excited about the game but I am hoping it looks better on next gen systems or the pc.
Maybe better lighting, resolution, LOD, assets and FPS... but don't expect things like that wiggly spaghetti hair to look any better, IMHO.

Weird that Demon Souls PS5 looks quite a bit better than this but ER comes out a year after it. From Soft should get rid of their old engine and have a big upgrade. I'll still buy this day 1 obviously.

Maybe better lighting, resolution, LOD, assets and FPS... but don't expect things like that wiggly spaghetti hair to look any better, IMHO.

hoping for better assets and models. It looked really muddy kinda reminded me of the first lord of the rings game

Weird that Demon Souls PS5 looks quite a bit better than this but ER comes out a year after it. From Soft should get rid of their old engine and have a big upgrade. I'll still buy this day 1 obviously.

Don't forget that Elden Ring is also open world and From Software while their art design is very striking, they generally aren't among the best of the best when it comes to their overall graphics and tech. Although they took a huge step forward in that area with Bloodborne and Dark Souls III.

Regards,
SB

The video was taken down. Yes, it looks beautiful but meh... unrealistic physics for the cloak, low resolution shadows, cardboard vegetation/tree leaves... Honestly, we're still like this?

Back