Final Fantasy VII Remake

Huh.. the PS5 graphics mode does't run well at all, it's weirdly stuttery and laggy :/
The performance mode runs fine.
That might not be a problem with the game after all... seems I've become more sensitive to 30 fps all of a sudden :)
I´ve been playing games a bit less than usual over the last few months, and the games I´ve played have been mostly 60 fps games.
Now 30 fps fast motion in games looks almost unbearable

I´ve been playing games a bit less than usual over the last few months, and the games I´ve played have been mostly 60 fps games. Now 30 fps fast motion in games looks almost unbearable
When you jump straight from 60 to 30 it's really jarring. I leapt from Mass Effect Legendary edition to the remaster of Gears on Xbox and that did not go well. :nope:

On pc, it seems the low res textures are back on some places. Or it was never fixed but people didn't notice it on PS5?

Watch any gameplay videos of ff7r on pc and when in the slum city, look for tarps, etc. They have lower texture resolution than the ground they are sitting on

This might be one of the first casualty of Sony acquiring Nixxes, who used to do a lot of SquareEnix's PC work.

This might be one of the first casualty of Sony acquiring Nixxes, who used to do a lot of SquareEnix's PC work.
Probably not in this case. If Nixxes had been commissioned to port FF before the Sony's acquisition they would have had to see that through. If Square Enix hadn't commissions Nixxes to port FF before July (when Sony acquired then), it was destined to a rushed shit port anyway.

You can't blame every shit PC port on Sony buying Nixxes. Shit PC ports have existed for years. Shit console ports have existed for years. Are Sony buying Nixxes also responsible for the ropey Halo Infinite PC port? :???:

Ports are what they are in general. I do believe that Sony is improving here, HZD had a rough launch but they fixed that with patches (its a nice version now, preferable over the PS versions). Days Gone is a good port aswell. I think Sony's pc ports are quite good overall considering that ports mostly are just shit.They have always been, in special between pc and console (both ways). Its a good thing most games are cross-platform from the get-go.

Sony seems to put resources for better PS5 to pc ports in the future, their intrest in the pc platform is much bigger now then ever before.

Ports are what they are in general. I do believe that Sony is improving here, HZD had a rough launch but they fixed that with patches (its a nice version now, preferable over the PS versions). Days Gone is a good port aswell. I think Sony's pc ports are quite good overall considering that ports mostly are just shit.They have always been, in special between pc and console (both ways). Its a good thing most games are cross-platform from the get-go.

I've not played any Sony (or Microsoft) games on PC, but it was interesting to note in that according to the most recent DigitalFoundry weekly podcast, in their view that Sony's PC ports are supporting things like DLSS which Microsoft's aren't. Just what kind of crazy world is this where Sony are now producing better PC ports than Microsoft Studios? :runaway:

I've not played any Sony (or Microsoft) games on PC, but it was interesting to note in that according to the most recent DigitalFoundry weekly podcast, in their view that Sony's PC ports are supporting things like DLSS which Microsoft's aren't. Just what kind of crazy world is this where Sony are now producing better PC ports than Microsoft Studios? :runaway:

Yeah for now things seem abit twisted. MS's Halo is just out, lets see if they can shape the game on pc up abit in that regard. Also i wonder if Halo is a port or if the game was developed with both pc and xbox in mind. To be honest, Halo infinite had a rough start to begin with, its going to be intresting to see how other MS games on pc fare.

I do appreciate Sony atleast trying to do quality ports to my favourite platform. I doubt Nixxes was all that much involved in FFVII, the aquirement of that company was quite recent, as i had understood, Nixxes was aquired to help aid Sony studios in porting, i dont think that all went like a well-oiled machine from day one though. But it looks like their on a road to deliver quality ports to the PC, which they better do as bad ports wouldnt be a good start to introduce the pc audience to playstation games and services.

Yeah for now things seem abit twisted. MS's Halo is just out, lets see if they can shape the game on pc up abit in that regard.

In my book, Halo Infinite get's a pass In that it's kind of impressive that it released at all this year. DF's technical issues with the graphical options for Forza Horizon 5 however..

Probably not in this case. If Nixxes had been commissioned to port FF before the Sony's acquisition they would have had to see that through. If Square Enix hadn't commissions Nixxes to port FF before July (when Sony acquired then), it was destined to a rushed shit port anyway.

You can't blame every shit PC port on Sony buying Nixxes. Shit PC ports have existed for years. Shit console ports have existed for years. Are Sony buying Nixxes also responsible for the ropey Halo Infinite PC port? :???:

Nixxes only worked on SE's western game ports as well (tomb raider, avengers, deus ex). They never touched any of the AAA Japanese titles, which were mostly ported in-house. There's also plenty of other outsource support studios SE could have used if they actually wanted someone else to do the VIIR pc port, like the dev that helped port Guardians of the Galaxy.

Fortunately it's an unreal engine game and has been confirmed by some people posting ini twreks on Nexusmods that the usual ini tweaks works. Albeit the game did not create the empty ini files in the usual folder.

Standard unreal pak files also can be loaded.

So probably in a month or so, someone will fix it for free on Nexusmods. Or if it needs multiple mods to fix, someone will make a list or make a compilation of mods.

And for anybody who didn't spot it, if you got Final Fantasy VII Remake for PS4 as part of PS+ some months ago, you can now get the PS5 upgrade as part of this month's PS+ offerings.

This is what you get for waiting! I didn't play FF VII on PS1, I didn't play it when I got it with PS+ on PS4 and.. I'll probably never get around to playing it on PS5 but by waiting at last I'll not be playing the best version of the game.. :runaway:

j/k.. I will get around to playing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
And for anybody who didn't spot it, if you got Final Fantasy VII Remake for PS4 as part of PS+ some months ago, you can not get the PS5 upgrade as part of this month's PS+ offerings.

This is what you get for waiting! I didn't play FF VII on PS1, I didn't play it when I got it with PS+ on PS4 and.. I'll probably never get around to playing it on PS5 but by waiting at last I'll not be playing the best version of the game.. :runaway:

j/k.. I will get around to playing it.
finished on ps4, was ok but rubbish narration (typical for square ;d), for sure won't play it again but still happy for ps5 free update, not sure why ;d

According to this https://twinfinite.net/2021/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-ps-plus-upgrade/ PS+ version will get free PS5 upgrade. I wanted to play this in 60 fps so I didn't play PS4 version, now I only need PS5 (ordered one three months ago).
There is no obvious way to claim this from a browser or a PS4, which can be a problem given console constraints and if it’s a limited-time offer. I think the only way to claim the PS+ “free” upgrade is on a PS5, and even that sounds convoluted (click the second “game” in the drop-down Version menu that consists of {game, game} to unlock the claim button for the upgrade).

I would strongly consider paying a $10 upgrade fee for a next-gen version of PSN…

FYI, if you started the FF7R PS4 version, don’t delete it until you use it to upload your save data to use in the PS5 version. Obvious, in hindsight / foresight / side eye.

Didnt have any problems with download ps5 version (need to select from drop menu on ps4 version) but save transfer is little problematic, you need to install ps4 version and then in menu is option to uplod saves and then on ps5 game menu cklick to download data, uff :d

Back