Battlefield 2042 [PS, XB, PC]

Probably a bit more for the cross-gen bundle including last-gen and current-gen?

I really don't get justification for higher priced games on new generation. Technically shouldn't games be much easier and faster to produce for new consoles? Especially when taking a high level PC version then creating console versions from that, you're going to have to do a lot more work on the previous gen version.

I really don't get justification for higher priced games on new generation. Technically shouldn't games be much easier and faster to produce for new consoles? Especially when taking a high level PC version then creating console versions from that, you're going to have to do a lot more work on the previous gen version.

In 2005 with the xbox 360 games went from $50 up to $60. With a 36.7% inflation increase that $60 today would be $82.04.

In 2005 with the xbox 360 games went from $50 up to $60. With a 36.7% inflation increase that $60 today would be $82.04.
The justification given by publishers is that games are more difficult to make, not inflation.

The justification given by publishers is that games are more difficult to make, not inflation.

I believe they cite both. Remember over the last 15+ years salaries have gone up for the employees as have team sizes and they will continue to go up and up unless someone figures out how to make AI game designers that just create textures and models for the games

So we will have to wait some more days to see gameplay then :p

Edit: people seem to think this trailer will be the final graphics due to the 'ingame engine graphics' mark. just look on youtube comments. Their in for a dissapointment if they think graphics like that would be even possible untill next generation but ok. Its all CGI, real gameplay on the 13th of june.

Last edited:

Edit: people seem to think this trailer will be the final graphics due to the 'ingame engine graphics' mark. just look on youtube comments. Their in for a dissapointment if they think graphics like that would be even possible untill next generation but ok. Its all CGI, real gameplay on the 13th of june.

People believing that must have zero memory.

sure, but tbh dice is still graphical powerhouse and i am expecting the game to look fantastic.

it's written "in engine" not ingame.
From past experiences with EA, models, textures, levels, will be the same, what will change is IQ, and the "cinematic" experience with lot of action and particles everywhere on screen Dof, blur filters etc..., which won't translate into the final game. But assets wise it's the same.

Back