Returnal (Housemarque) [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
I'm honestly bored of trying and moaning about this game. I've deleted it.

Just fair warning to anyone that's thinking of getting it, I find it impossibly hard, you may too. I'm surprised every reviewer got on with the difficulty of it.
lol you really just turned me off, but I'll continue to wait until it goes on super sale

Okay tried that, when you sleep you only recover a small amount of health and can only do it once. Contrary to what that article says.

Also, I've always explored in the game. I've tried collecting resin to increase my health bar too. No success. I haven't even got to the first boss in the game since my first few goes at it. I can't understand how that'd be the case. I'm certain the game gets harder the more you play, which is frigging ridiculous for someone that found it hard to begin with. The balance of this game is completely off for me.

I'm honestly bored of trying and moaning about this game. I've deleted it.

Just fair warning to anyone that's thinking of getting it, I find it impossibly hard, you may too. I'm surprised every reviewer got on with the difficulty of it.

Yeah they patched the sleep thing. Initially (until the last patch) it would recover a lot of health, and you could just go back in until it’s full. No more!

Weren't Planetside 2's particles GPU particles. I thought they were added in a PhysX update, and entirely processed on the GPU (or PPU if you had one of those).

Yes they where GPU particles, i had the game running on a GTX670 back in the day, running this particle effects. They later removed it with an update due to server constraints.

One thing that really surprised me and I loved was the 3d sound. It works great and helps locate enemies around you, especially when things get hectic. For me headphones where mandatory when doing a "serious" run.

Midways from the game I caught myself just turning around to face where enemies were by sound alone, not really paying attention to the visual marker. Not only direction, but height, too. Transitioned completely without noticing it. 3D audio is so good this happens completely transparently.

Midways from the game I caught myself just turning around to face where enemies were by sound alone, not really paying attention to the visual marker. Not only direction, but height, too. Transitioned completely without noticing it. 3D audio is so good this happens completely transparently.
Exactly. For me the sound component was as important as the visuals.

This might end up being my GOTY surprisingly, very addicting game! Although I did run into a couple crashes and what looks like a memory leak (performance was deteriorating the longer I played until it crashed lol).

Shame you deleted it. You have to be patient with it but I guess it’s just not for everyone.

I don't think I've ever gotten so close to quitting on a game that I did finally finish - nor do I think I've spent so much time wanting to delete a game I ultimately put 30 hrs into. I actually think, with the right guns and artifacts, it's not actually that hard. But that could just be from so much trial and error that I finally just got better at the game. It's hard to tell.

I'm glad I finished it, and there are things I really, really like about the game, but I do think they missed on the cost/reward layout of the game. The time I spent frustrated vs the time I spent actually enjoying myself was just not a happy ratio, in the end.

71 deaths and I finally cleared biome 3, and then got right through 4 on the same cycle. Working on 5 now. Kudos to those of you that got through this quick. So far every boss fight except biome 3 cost me an astronaut doll, my favorite artifact.

Last edited:
71 deaths and I finally cleared biome 3, and then got right through 4 on the same cycle. Working on 5 now. Kudos to those of you that got through this quick. So far every boss fight except biome 3 cost me an astronaut doll, my favorite artifact.
4-5- and 6 all seemed relatively 'easy' after 1-2-3. If that's even the right word for it.

Back