Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

I noticed my PS5 had this nearly 100 GiB of "Other" unusable storage, on top of the 100 GiB (825 GB - 667 GiB) system reserved. I wonder if the system reserve is for SSD over-provisioning, and this "Other" is the true, used by the system software storage?

pmwoQs8.jpg
Does your Ps5 make those small video clips every time you earn a trophy?
Those might take some space.

Although, those should be in media..

Last edited:
Would be nice if they allowed you to drill down another level to see exactly what they classified as Other.

Internal reserved spaces are inside other. Dunno what else.

In the storage menu sometimes I can see things like

Game title [system reserved]

In the storage sub menu.
Dunno how to always show them.

I think that's just how HDMI CEC is. Regardless of the equipment involved I never saw an entirely flawless system. There's always something flaky. At some point after so many bad implementations you have to think perhaps it's the fault of the specifications.

I think that's just how HDMI CEC is. Regardless of the equipment involved I never saw an entirely flawless system. There's always something flaky. At some point after so many bad implementations you have to think perhaps it's the fault of the specifications.
Maybe. So far my XSX handles CEC quite well, I can turn on or off the whole set without reaching for remote.

Maybe. So far my XSX handles CEC quite well, I can turn on or off the whole set without reaching for remote.
there's a predictability issue with PS5 and CEC. Sometimes I think I know what it will do and expect it to, and sometimes it won't.

I got frustrated enough with it that I stopped bothering with it.

The catch with it I found is that, if you turn off TV while the input is on PS5. It will shut down. Which is nice, this is what I want.
The first thing when I turn on my TV however, it is not necessarily to play PS5, but because the input is set to PS5 since shutdown, the first thing it does is turn on PS5. Not quite what I want.

If I have the TV on, and the TV is doing something else while the PS5 is off, when I move the input to PS5 it will turn off, but if I change the input away from PS5 it will not turn off.

Unless the only thing you want is PS5 on 1 TV, then CEC works well. But if you're supporting Netflix/Prime on TV, have a second console, PC, bluray attached, it's probably best to leave it off.

1080p temporally reconstructed to 4k. Exactly what UE5 recend demo is targeting.
Yeah, and it looks amazing. Even guys at DF sometimes had difficulties in pinpointing the exact resolution. And as long as it looks superb in motion and even while static who cares if it was temporally reconstructed but not native 4K, and those methods will only get better in time and if they stay at 1080p as the source then the reconstruction will look sharper or more detailed in time.

I remember going through Guerrilla Games' GDC 2017 presentation recently and they explained they went with more details instead of a more sharpness approach for their checkerboarding technique. Maybe HFW will improve upon it and their new 4K CB will have more sharpness even with improved details.

I can link the GDC vault when I get link privileges. They had spherical light source reflections in the works that didn't finish for the release of Horizon Zero Dawn. They also had input from KojiPro for height fog that they most definitely used for HFW cause those rolling fog and clouds made that apparent. And also their temporal AA had a lower 1080p resolution for source data which they surely improved upon because there were much fewer diagonal jaggies on HFW footage anywhere, perhaps they went with 1440p AA or something else that improved it.

Back