CYBERPUNK 2077 [PC Specific Patches and Settings]

Uh turns out the subsonic audio of motorcycles when driving in open space and in the city with buildings on your right and left are different.

I noticed this with using dualsense HD vibration on pc. Someone with a good quality subwoofer probably already can feel the difference

Are you saying that right and left vibration are always different, or you can feel the difference when building are on one side or the other.

the patch 1.2 on PC turns out has reduced the CPU usage, probably due to slower streaming?

i used need to OC to 4.1 GHz, now my Ryzen 5 2600 at stock clocks works fine

I think they did something to DXR GI in 1.2...it looks better somehow...my brain tells me something looks more "clean", less "noisy".
Still trying to pinpoint it...but it is there ^^

I thought it looked smoother also, but I haven't been playing it much beyond running around to se if I can find differences.

For me it was surfaces that looked different. Edge quality was about the same. I don't know how much a difference TAA makes when you use DLSS, but I guess that could be it.

turns out playing Cyberpunk without 5.1 surround sound is.... uh... lets say... a different experience. The HD vibration of DualSense that matches the subsonic of motorcycle engine roar also became a very weird experience. Felt super detached.

i miss my ancient 5.1 surround HTiB.... hopefully tomorrow I'll get an update that thing can be serviced or not (and for how much) so i can quickly buy a new AVR + a bunch of 1ohm 25watt resistors...

Have you some favorite mods or ini tweak to decrease the pop in ? (Lighting, geometry, everything) ? It's crazy in some situations, even with everything at higj/ultra. Some ps1/n64 era feeling...

Isn't 1.2 tweaked the TAA so it is less blurry?
TAA has been extremly sharpened for a long time now.

DLSS is not sharpened at all, which makes it appear pretty blurry in comparison, sadly.

What a stupid oversight from CDPR that is still not fixed, it throws DLSS' good reputation through the mud.

TAA has been extremly sharpened for a long time now.

DLSS is not sharpened at all, which makes it appear pretty blurry in comparison, sadly.

What a stupid oversight from CDPR that is still not fixed, it throws DLSS' good reputation through the mud.

With patch... I don't remember which, they fix the lack of negatif lod bias. It helped. And you can add a sharpen setting in the render.ini file if you don't want to do it in the driver. With that, it's not more blurry than TAA imo (1440p ultrawide here, dlss quality). But it's still a form of AA in the end so it's not as sharp as no taa at all (you have to tweak the render.ini too to see what it's like.

With patch... I don't remember which, they fix the lack of negatif lod bias. It helped. And you can add a sharpen setting in the render.ini file if you don't want to do it in the driver. With that, it's not more blurry than TAA imo (1440p ultrawide here, dlss quality). But it's still a form of AA in the end so it's not as sharp as no taa at all (you have to tweak the render.ini too to see what it's like.

I use Reshade CAS to inject sharpening and with that, even DLSS Performance at 1440p and 1080p look identical to native quality.

The thing is, I as an enthusiast know how to work around that. But the mainstream just compares the two side by side and will notice that DLSS is a lot blurrier than native. They think it's DLSS fault and disregard it. That it's just wrong set sharpening levels by the developers does not cross their minds.

DLSS sharpening should be active by default by the same level of TAA sharpening so that in side by side comparisons, both look identical. I'm baffled how that slipped Nvidia's quality control for DLSS (if there is any) It was their big RTX title after all.

Back