Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

Umm are you saying that the Xbox Series S is so much faster and so much snappier than the Xbox Series X? Because I find that very difficult to believe....Or are you comparing the Series S to the One X?

This. Series S and X are built off the same OS, hypervisor(s), feature sets, have the same UI render resolution etc.

Can't picture the S being "so much faster" than anything the X does outside of maybe some Quick Resume titles optimized for the S as they likely have smaller texture sizes (and thus less data) to load from the SSD back into main memory.

This. Series S and X are built off the same OS, hypervisor(s), feature sets, have the same UI render resolution etc.

Can't picture the S being "so much faster" than anything the X does outside of maybe some Quick Resume titles optimized for the S as they likely have smaller texture sizes (and thus less data) to load from the SSD back into main memory.

Same speed drive feeding 10gigs of ram vs 16 gigs of ram. So it should be faster in load times I would wager

Umm are you saying that the Xbox Series S is so much faster and so much snappier than the Xbox Series X? Because I find that very difficult to believe....Or are you comparing the Series S to the One X?

Context; at launch I bought both - the XSS sat in the bedroom and wasn’t touched but I used the XSX daily for rewards and a bit of gaming.

I then snagged a 3070 so decided to sell the XSX and move the XSS to the front room. The difference was clearly apparent - I even posted about it at the time.

Not sure if my XSX was maybe bugged or something, it was significantly faster than the X1X but it wasn’t until I switched XSX to XSS that I noticed how much snappier the XSS was, and due to how I use the console it was easily noticeable - much less lag between button presses for example.

I've never heard about it, maybe defective?
This is the karma revolting against the people that can find both consoles.

LOL, well I did have to dedicate a lot of time and effort! There's probably not many people who are able to compare as I have - or maybe switch frequently so don't get too used.

Don't get me wrong, the XSX was fast - and I only probably noticed it because of how I use the consoles and switching one day using one then the next using the other.

LOL, well I did have to dedicate a lot of time and effort! There's probably not many people who are able to compare as I have - or maybe switch frequently so don't get too used.

Don't get me wrong, the XSX was fast - and I only probably noticed it because of how I use the consoles and switching one day using one then the next using the other.

Not many people have next gen consoles by both manufacturers and a 3070(!)

Considering how difficult they are to get hold of, you've done incredibly well.

Maybe in earlier games the SS was using lower settings than necessary, or the XS too high for the level of optimization, and the cpu was idling in one case or too much occupied in the other?

Not many people have next gen consoles by both manufacturers and a 3070(!)

Considering how difficult they are to get hold of, you've done incredibly well.

The consoles were easy - I just queued at Game - in fact I didn't even have to do that for the PS5, I just rolled up and was first on the list! The 3070 I was extremely lucky on another forum a member bought 2 and sold at face value :)

Just wish I could buy the time to play...:(

I'm an Insider but I haven't seen that on the Insider App. I wonder if they're only popping those for folks without a Series console.
maybe employee only right now. Not sure . I have to dust off my old launch day one from storage this weekend and see

Sounds like USA only, and limited subset of insiders who are on previous gen.

Actually a nice idea. Even if it does highlight that they don't think the availability is going to be resolved any time soon.

Not with the Scalpers. There's a MFT of both PS5 and XSX available on eBay and StockX type places from ~ 50% to 100% more expensive. It's looking like $725 is around the lowest entry point with a lot at $1000. It would benefit everyone if they both figured out a way to sell direct to verified long time gamers.

It would benefit everyone if they both figured out a way to sell direct to verified long time gamers.
I would hope didn't need to be long time gamer.
Maybe use the mac address of the console, and just make sure to block multiple purchases within a short period of time.

Then just work through purchasers FIFO.

I would hope didn't need to be long time gamer.
Maybe use the mac address of the console, and just make sure to block multiple purchases within a short period of time.

Then just work through purchasers FIFO.

I mean you need some way of cutting out scalpers, I assume they would create dozens upon dozens of accounts and attempt to enter the program. You can't really do it by Credit Card number because of virtual card numbers and services similar offered by Privacy.com.

Mac address may be usable, but I don't recall if that's user editable or not, but they should be able to use serial number I would think.

By long time I mean more than a few months old. You have to figure out a way to reward existing consumers.

I mean you need some way of cutting out scalpers, I assume they would create dozens upon dozens of accounts and attempt to enter the program. You can't really do it by Credit Card number because of virtual card numbers and services similar offered by Privacy.com. By long time I mean more than a few months old. You have to figure out a way to reward existing consumers.
Oh got ya.
I assume they are limiting it to console (id) hence the requirement to purchase only from previous gen, you can't buy it on XS for example.

Still no Purchase Pilot stuff showing up for me on the OneX. I guess Niece/Nephew will need to keep waiting.

Back