CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Really? You don't remember GTA V traffic mod? I don't think it was made because there were so many cars in the game...
More luck to you then.
Apparently I got lucky with Cyberpunk, becasue on PS5 with patch 1.2 the game runs great.

yeah, got none of the issues. on the other hand cyberpunk with patch 1.2 is a huge downgrade for me.
  • NPCs sometimes spawn/despawn right on my face (and sometimes they gone poof when i rotate camera)
  • Cars sometimes spawn/despawn right in front of my face
  • Cars always spawn/despawn some meters away (yes its been doing this since launch, but with 1.2 patch the distance became closer)
  • random objects sometimes spawn/despawn right in front of my face
  • random objects often spawn/despawn a few meters off my face
  • random objects sometimes became invisible but still have a collision model
  • random objects sometimes no longer have collision model
  • important enemies sometimes won't appear, thus making the quest stuck. Sometimes reloading a save before the encounter fixed it. Maybe related to NPC spawn/despawn issues.
  • weather suddenly changes (no transition whatsoever)
Basically now my cyberpunk is getting closer to PS4 cyberpunk on DF update 1.2 test. none of those happen on the last patch before 1.2.

on PC with SSD. There's more detailed post about the degradation in the PC thread, i think.
Well, now I am surprised. I was under the impression, that PC version was the one to go. I hope it will get better soon.
It is smooth sailing for me so far. It's one of the reasons that I am so vocal about how great this game is. Because before playing it, all I was hearing was complaints.
I think next weekend I will install the game on my kids PS4 just to make little reality check.

yeah, got none of the issues. on the other hand cyberpunk with patch 1.2 is a huge downgrade for me.
  • NPCs sometimes spawn/despawn right on my face (and sometimes they gone poof when i rotate camera)
  • Cars sometimes spawn/despawn right in front of my face
  • Cars always spawn/despawn some meters away (yes its been doing this since launch, but with 1.2 patch the distance became closer)
  • random objects sometimes spawn/despawn right in front of my face
  • random objects often spawn/despawn a few meters off my face
Obviously it takes place in a universe where the star trek teleporter is ubiqitous

Cyberpunk got a lot of hype. It reminds me of Oblivion in that way. A lot of young people were expecting Cyberpunk to be an all new level of realism and world simulation. Something that no game ever lives up to. These PR machines set themselves up for possible insane backlash if the product doesn't live up to it. And in today's fabulous social media world that rapidly goes nuclear. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the game is actually selling better because of all this.

Last edited:
And yet this mechanic is not that different from other open world games. Is it? Why do you expect it to differ that much? There are always 6 to 8 extremely detailed cars in your surroundings. As for amount of pedestrians, it is GTA V level which is okay in my book. They vanish, all right, like in any other game in the genre. I don't have problem with that.
This used to be with with GTA on PS2 and PS3 hardware but on PS4, spawned cars and pedestrians all remain persistent - regardless of whether you are looking at them - in a fixed radius around the player.

If you own it, have a quick replay of GTA V on PS4 and go to a major intersection or the highway and you'll see dozens of cars. :yep2:

I really liked my 30 hours of Cyberpunk but I think I'll wait for the nextgen patch before diving back in simply because I want the best world experience. I agree with you on the general PS5 performance. I "pre-ordered" Cyberpunk for PS4 (to play on PS5) once I had seen people actually playing it on PS5. It was the performance that I was initially focused on and it's good on PS5 but the more I played this PS4 game, the janky AI began to hurt my enjoyment of the game as did being in a pretty quiet world. The bank just overwhelmed me. I really enjoyed the actual mechanics apart from the car handling which I dislike. Bikes made getting around more tolerable.

When the native PS5 version appears I'll be booking a week off and spending it in Night City. I really hope they continue to make further improvements to vehicle-handling and AI.

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    336 bytes · Views: 4
So, is this user error or poor game design? I'm thinking 50% me, 50% game, 100% annoying.

I’ve tried ten times to defeat
Oda
without killing him. If I manage to nonlethally subdue him (gun with Pax or blunt weapon; don't think I tried an overheat/shock/weapon cyberhack finisher), he still dies every time—but ten seconds after he’s rolling on the floor because the game has to let some dialogue play out. He looks unconscious, rocking back and forth, then he spazzes (IIRC in a janky way, like standing up then dropping) and dies.

Googling yielded a Steam user with the same initial problem who eventually discovered the reason: the epic short circuit cyberhack applies a (lethal) nonlethal overload after each critical hit. If a crit incapacitates someone, they may die because any (even "nonlethal") damage beyond some threshold kills. I guess I should know about lethal nonlethal damage because I regularly bludgeon regular enemies so hard that they expire, but I can buy that if I'm basically one- or two-hitting cannon fodder (especially with a headshot). I do have a high-crit build, courtesy of a ridiculous looking but mostly 3-4 slot epic outfit.

Restarting this fight means:

1) remembering to swap out the shock hack for something more nonlethal and useful (because the previous autosave was like ten minutes back)

2) breaching the infernally random protocol again (I don't think they lowered the pulsing boss music during the hack, which they normally do)

3) trying not to get caught on an edge or caught out by dodge and crouch using the same button.

The second to last time I "succeeded," he appeared to collapse, then popped back up frozen mid-run but with full health. The dialogue proceeded as if he were unconscious, but he didn't die this time. I could walk in front of him and trigger the alert sound while the dialogue played out. I tried shooting him while he remained stuck mid-stride with a nonlethal gun that only took off about 1% health per shot. He still died going from 1% to 0%.

So many rough edges remain in a game that often shines. There’s fun to be had on a PS4 Pro, but you have to work for it. I’ve yet to test the modified streaming algo by blitzing through the city on a motorcycle (edit: it can still stutter when canonballing into a new area and important architecture like entrances to mission buildings can take a few seconds to load), but I believe some environment textures have dropped a mip level or two. Multiple NPCs can still occupy the same space. Seeing someone standing *in* someone else during a long cutscene is a little immersion breaking.

Edit: I did it by resorting to pistol-whipping him (quite a few times) for the last few %. (The back button attachment is terrific.) Maybe I should have Paxed one of the low-level iconic guns I'm shlepping around everywhere just in case I decide to upgrade them.

Edit 2: Gig bug. I carried a guy into an elevator. Couldn’t choose the floor until I dropped the body. Once I did, the game’s finicky aiming meant I kept trying to switch weapons rather than picking the body back up to carry to the street. Somehow reaching the ground floor triggered the mission complete (seemingly skipping the final optional step, per this walkthrough), unless a patch changed the mission structure or the elevator ride was lethal for unconscious dudes) and a congratulatory phone call while I was picking up the body. I exited the elevator with the game and me thinking I was carrying the body (I was in body carrying pose), but the body itself remained in the elevator. I had to “drop” the nothing I was carrying to pick the body up again, by which time the call script had finished but the caller pic remained onscreen. I could collect my reward at a nearby drop point but couldn’t use it because the game thought I was still on a call. This also explains my inability to double jump on the way, because who double jumps while using their cyber implant phone? Also, you can’t save while in this phone fugue state, so I had to redo the end of the mission.

Edit 3: This time his body “dropped” through the elevator. Specifically, the elevator went up, but he remained attached to the floor of the elevator shaft? Time to walk through the front door. Okay, managed to pick his body up before the elevator moved and complete the last step of the mission. I received the same call and reward, only this time the call ended. Also, I can’t search bodies or open doors on a dance floor. My only option is to dance or talk to the bartender.

Just another day in Night City.

Last edited:
Just finished the game - took me 60h with main story and around 3/4 of sidequests and gigs.

During my playtime I experienced total of 3 crashes to dashboard (which I attribute to quick resume function of PS5 - never happend to me with loading game after restarting the console) and some random, minor glitches (NPCs and cars spawning, texture/object loading, some levitating objects, problem with collecting some of the items - vinyl records mainly). I want to underline that when it comes to glitches I was rather actively looking for them, but nonetheless experienced very few and none of them broke the gameplay in any way.

Things I liked:
- gameplay - extremly complex (you can handle it in many diffrent ways) but at same time fluid and enjoyable
- graphics, attention to detail and general design of the game - Night City is enormous horizontally/verically, NPCs are plentiful and beatifuly designed and for the first time I felt like the world created is in fact based on cyberpunk genre and ideas, that I envisioned in my head while reading Gibson and others in the 90-ties; city seems like grand, original project with very little repetition or reuse of content; as for detail - I was surprised when I noticed while driving the car, that suspension control arms actually work in this game
- music - diffrent genres, plenty of songs
- story - maybe not so original for the genre but well executed, branched-out with great and memorable characters,

Things I did not like:
- main story is too short - I had so much fun I wanted it to last for another 50h, also the city is so rich and enormous, my impression was that they did not reach it's potential, they did not did it justice
- game is very easy with only minor challenges - do not recommend to play it on normal

One of the best open world games I ever played. Easy 9 out of 10

Just finished the game - took me 60h with main story and around 3/4 of sidequests and gigs.

During my playtime I experienced total of 3 crashes to dashboard (which I attribute to quick resume function of PS5 - never happend to me with loading game after restarting the console) and some random, minor glitches (NPCs and cars spawning, texture/object loading, some levitating objects, problem with collecting some of the items - vinyl records mainly). I want to underline that when it comes to glitches I was rather actively looking for them, but nonetheless experienced very few and none of them broke the gameplay in any way.

Things I liked:
- gameplay - extremly complex (you can handle it in many diffrent ways) but at same time fluid and enjoyable
- graphics, attention to detail and general design of the game - Night City is enormous horizontally/verically, NPCs are plentiful and beatifuly designed and for the first time I felt like the world created is in fact based on cyberpunk genre and ideas, that I envisioned in my head while reading Gibson and others in the 90-ties; city seems like grand, original project with very little repetition or reuse of content; as for detail - I was surprised when I noticed while driving the car, that suspension control arms actually work in this game
- music - diffrent genres, plenty of songs
- story - maybe not so original for the genre but well executed, branched-out with great and memorable characters,

Things I did not like:
- main story is too short - I had so much fun I wanted it to last for another 50h, also the city is so rich and enormous, my impression was that they did not reach it's potential, they did not did it justice
- game is very easy with only minor challenges - do not recommend to play it on normal

One of the best open world games I ever played. Easy 9 out of 10
Did you find Skippy?

Yeah. Even returned it to the original owner. Saddest moment in the whole game:cry:
I kept him. He's mine now.
For CP2077s reputation for being broken, about 30-35% of people have completed the main story line regardless of platform. PSN, XB, GOG and Steam achievements all have the completion rate in that range. That's a fairly high completion rate, I think. Although the main quest is short, the achievement for completing the Panam storyline is also in the 30-35% range, as is the Judy one.

So, finished the game this week end on PC, 64hours , did all the side quest&co.

Now, I was over hyped with this game, given that I'm a huge witcher fan, for years, so I trusted CDPR to make something even better.

All in all, it's a let down for me. I started with patch 1.22, and I didn't encouter a loooot of bugs. Stuff here and there, but nothing that a reload can't fix. But even if it's technically ok, the game feel so rush to me. Most of the story lines, the lack of consequences for most of them, the way the story progress, it feel less deep than what they did with W3, by a lot.

Next problem, the city itself. It's maybe me, but I was able to navigate W3 without the map, just by the visual landscape. For wathever reason I can't do that in some region of Night City. I don't know where I am, everything look the same to me, and since your view is most of the time blocked by building, I have hard time figuring out where I am vs where I need to go. Now, of course the quest "pointers", and the map is doing a good job, so it's not a real problem, but the consequence was I didn't feel like exploring the map more than that. And walking in the city was mosty boring, vs W3 where I could be intrigued by something in the distance , etc.

The engine itself is pretty limited to render a dense city it seems. Yeah you can make good screenshot, and the game doesn't look bad don't get me wrong, but a lot of details appear right in front of you. Same thing with the lack of shadow casting. Most of the time NPCs don't have shadows, it looks weird in the streets.

Aaand you can't play after the end. It's a big no no for me in open world rpg/adventure games. I feel like what I did have no consequences. Different calls during the credit ? big deal... So I guess they will make the DLC during the main campagne... I don't know. It worked for me on other games because I still want to explore the world or try different choices, but that's not the case in CP2077.

It's not a bad game, far from it, but I didn't expect a regression vs W3 in the narration / story department. And they can't fix this, it's too deep in the game now. I really feel they're fucked for years with that, and only a new true game can fix it. But now I don't trust them to be able to do that, even if they want too. A lot of key guys left, and I worry they transformed in a too big of a studio... Time will tell...

small EDIT :
I remember that they added some content for Triss in W3, so maybe they can do the same for more characters / storylines in CP ? But it would be a loooot of work...

Last edited:
Next problem, the city itself. It's maybe me, but I was able to navigate W3 without the map, just by the visual landscape. For wathever reason I can't do that in some region of Night City. I don't know where I am, everything look the same to me, and since your view is most of the time blocked by building, I have hard time figuring out where I am vs where I need to go. Now, of course the quest "pointers", and the map is doing a good job, so it's not a real problem, but the consequence was I didn't feel like exploring the map more than that. And walking in the city was mosty boring, vs W3 where I could be intrigued by something in the distance , etc.

IMO, if you easily get lost in the city, then I'd consider that a huge success on the developer's part. I frequently go to visit new cities and in every single one of them, if I don't have a map and I don't have a local to guide me, I'm going to get lost. US cities are a bit more forgiving than European or Asian cities due to how non-New England states cities and towns are generally laid out in a grid. But even there it's extremely easy to get lost without a map.

Some places you can orient yourself if you can see a landmark (Seattle's Space Needle or St. Louis's Arch, for instance). But in a place like Tokyo, Japan or Kaoshiung, Taiwan or Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY, it is very very easy to get lost and lose your way if you don't have a map. Hell, even in Seattle it can be hard to figure out where you are going even if you can see the Space Needle. :)

OTOH - out in the Wilderness (like when I go hunting and fishing) it's extremely easy to find your way around if it's easy to see and locate landmarks (hills, mountains, boulders). However, that said, again if you are unfamiliar with the territory (especially in flatlands, desert, or heavily forested woods) it's still quite easy to get lost (as attributed by how many people get lost in the wilderness and die each year).

That said, I find it quite a bit easier for me to get lost in an unfamiliar city than unfamiliar wilderness (with the exception of very dense woods or jungle which offers the same challenges as a city). But getting lost in a City generally won't get you killed as opposed to getting lost in the Wilderness. Well, depending on what part of certain cities you get lost in. :p

Regards,
SB

I just find it a bit disappointing that the city does not have more for exploring. Of course, normal people don't get inside other people's houses randomly, so I guess that's fine. But the amount and diversity of stores are quite small, if you compare it to, say, Yakuza series. It'd be nice if there're more varieties of stores like those clothing stores in the game.

Back