CryptoCurrency Mining with GPUs *spawn*

So far i tested ethermine and 2miners. I dont like 2miners because they have kinda high minimum payout 0.05 ( which is very high to reach with just one card). Binance offers daily payouts regardless of amount mined (dont remember fees) my friend is mining there and is happy as he can daily trade/cashout whatever.
Personally i am mining on ethermine, they have min payout at 0,05 but if you mined at least 0,01 it will be payed out to you within 14 days. Its good if you change your mind or something.

I decided to mine with my 2080Ti, I am very noob at this, so far I am using lolminer, capping my power limit at 70%, and doing 50MH/s @170w. I also use Ethermine pool.

Any advice or tips?
overclocking your memory has a much larger effect on hash rate than clockspeed, you may as well reduce clockspeed and increase memory.

I decided to mine with my 2080Ti, I am very noob at this, so far I am using lolminer, capping my power limit at 70%, and doing 50MH/s @170w. I also use Ethermine pool.

Any advice or tips?

whattomine.com is your friend. You'll see what hashrates to expect, what profits and it's also helpful for switching conins

Any advice or tips?

check https://www.nicehash.com/blog/post/nvidia-and-amd-graphics-card-oc-settings-for-mining

as other mentioned downlocking your gpu and overclocking memory have the biggest impact on hashrate. Capping power limit helps with power draw. You should be expecting approx 57mh at 150 w.
Also if you are new to this word of advice ETH can be very expensive to move between wallets. If you are planing to hold np, but if you are planning to sell it can be better to send directly to ex binance wallet. Fees are huuuge

Oh and another advice is to avoid services like nicehash.
I mean, you can use them just know that they are shady as they can be used for nefarious purpuses. People can just go and buy from nice hash a lot of hashing power (potentially including yours) and do 51% attaks on smaller coins

check https://www.nicehash.com/blog/post/nvidia-and-amd-graphics-card-oc-settings-for-mining

as other mentioned downlocking your gpu and overclocking memory have the biggest impact on hashrate. Capping power limit helps with power draw. You should be expecting approx 57mh at 150 w.
Also if you are new to this word of advice ETH can be very expensive to move between wallets. If you are planing to hold np, but if you are planning to sell it can be better to send directly to ex binance wallet. Fees are huuuge

do you have to pay fees to move from a software wallet to a hardware wallet?

I guess. As I've more and more assets, I'll receive my hardware wallet soon. In the end, you move assets from a wallet to another, so fees will apply as usual... (The hardware wallet just contain your privates keys, the coins/assets are still on the blockchains of course)

You'll confuse yourself by thinking in these terms.

You are moving the coins from an exchange wallet address to a personal wallet address, software/hardware is besides the point. As long as it's on the exchange's address they can transfer ownership between different exchange customers for free to them, often they will be able to net the transfers and keep it entirely free for themselves ... though they'll always charge you a fee.

If they have to transfer it on chain to your wallet address they have to pay the complete on chain transaction fee ... and you better believe they'll make you pay for that ;)

It's fees all the way down, not small ones either.

Any advice or tips?

If you don't want the hassle of down volt down clock over clock, you can use nicehash. It got 3-5 profiles available with a click.

Lolminer btw took 1% fee. You may better use the fully open source, no longer updated "ETHminer" https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer

On some gpu it even runs faster than lolminer

whattomine.com is your friend. You'll see what hashrates to expect, what profits and it's also helpful for switching conins

It shows hashrate with optimized volt and clocks tho. Not default.

Oh and another advice is to avoid services like nicehash.
I mean, you can use them just know that they are shady as they can be used for nefarious purpuses. People can just go and buy from nice hash a lot of hashing power (potentially including yours) and do 51% attaks on smaller coins

Yep. Unfortunately it's the easiest way to mine and gets regular payment for those with low hashrate. They pay you every few hours.

So anyone with patience is better to use ethermine pool.

It shows hashrate with optimized volt and clocks tho. Not default.

Yes as it should. Everyone should optimise their gpu config. It can significantly improve profit.
Ok, maybe not custom bioses and memory straps but tweaking gpu & ram frequencies should be something members of this forum at least should attempt

When comparing, don't forget that Turing launch was affected by the previous mining bubble with tons of high end Pascal cards flooding the market leading to suppressed Turing sales at launch. And Pascal itself was also affected by mining. I luckily got my 1070 in the first couple months before the mining bubble took off and all cards practically disappeared from the market.

All 3 GPU launches likely would have had a greater impact if not for mining.

Regards,
SB

Any idea why my current hashrate is higher than reported hashrate?

Both in flexpool and in ethermine is like that. Reported hashrate is ~30MH/s but current is ~40MH/s on ethermine and ~60MH/s on flexpool.

Really weird.

I only tested each of them for ~1 hour tho.

Will test ethermine overnight, and then I'll test flexpool again. Maybe the stats were unreliable because my test was only ~1 hour

The pool's numbers should be the correct ones. With reported I guess it depends on the miner client software you're using...

after overnight, it averages on 29MH/s. Yeah the short term stats goes up and down like i was crossing an everst and then goes deep into the core of earth LOL.

Could it be that every so often it mines for the software developer, and not your pool? I'm sure some of the software did this when I used to mine.

Most still do. They're pretty upfront about it, with a "devfee" in the form of mining time usually being in the 1-2 % range.

Back