Resident Evil Village (Capcom) [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Demo runs great on PS5, but I played it with RT off.

I was most impressed with surround audio for headphones [can be activated in options first], it could really position sound sources around me.

Demo only available on PlayStation? I'll be interesting to see if XSX has native 4k resolution or not.

So I was pleased with the performance on Pro. The graphics were OK (particularly at 60fps) and I think the FOV is decent for a console game but sometimes the res of the textures can be very really low (like PS1 low) and the popin was very noticeable.

I was pleased by the camera and aiming accelleration options. As usual the defaut options were for people that are still learning to use an analog stick, but we can almost totally deactivate the acceleration which was very helpful with the controls, because the shooting against ennemies was the worst part of that demo.

Interestingly they use SMAA in that game, we can see that in the credits, I was quite surprised.
Demo only available on PlayStation? I'll be interesting to see if XSX has native 4k resolution or not.
Very probably not. RE3 have the same exact resolution (CBR 1620p) on both Pro and XBX and that machine is quite more powerful than Pro.

Very probably not. RE3 have the same exact resolution (CBR 1620p) on both Pro and XBX and that machine is quite more powerful than Pro.
wouldn't be suprised, no single fps drop on ps5 in rt off mode according to vgtech so there is room to increase resolution here

wouldn't be suprised, no single fps drop on ps5 in rt off mode according to vgtech so there is room to increase resolution here
I don't think Capcom will spend more time on the RT off version. This is simply Pro / XBX version with uncapped fps. The main version will be with RT on and that mode will need the CBR on both machines. But the CBR implementation here is apparently very good, much better than Avengers.

I don't think Capcom will spend more time on the RT off version. This is simply Pro / XBX version with uncapped fps. The main version will be with RT on and that mode will need the CBR on both machines. But the CBR implementation here is apparently very good, much better than Avengers.
for sure better, not negative impact on subtitles and no shimering background

So each demo can be played in a limited time frame?
I downloaded it and it says now next demo in 6 days. Sucks

Btw is it me or was the original reveal more impressive?

exteriors are quite bland, but interiors are nicely lit i think.
Sometimes exteriors almost look black and white. I don't know why they did this. They should have gone for RE4 style for the exteriors. Also the vegetation and the enemies design (well I only saw one kind) are bad, almost amateurish.

About gameplay overall I found the demo quite disappointing mostly because shooting the enemies was dull, without any kind of feedback. I think they should get rid of their specific aim design, which is totally artificial and pointless.

More confusion with the whole 45fps thing. I saw the videos on youtube and the RT mode also runs at 60, just less often and is on the whole less stable, but it does hit 60fps quite a lot. Why couldn't they just say something like "unlocked, up to 60fps" instead of this 45fps which makes no sense in my head, cause of course this is all about me.

because of the internet meltdowns when a game drop in the 50s when a game is annouced at 60fps.
so maybe they profiled their game and saw it would not go lower than 45fps.

This is the first game I'm having a hard time inquiring about, because in articles and videos the reviewers lose their mind anytime they see lady Dimitrescu. It's cringe, the real horror of this game is witnessing their dominatrix feticism showing up.
I had to say.

It's cringe, the real horror of this game is witnessing their dominatrix feticism showing up.

I can't wait to mod the sh** out of the PC version and make dem' tig ol' bitties and that badonkadonk pop-out more.... *drool* :yes::mrgreen::p

Back