Outriders [PS4, 4PRO, PS5, XO, XOX, XBSX, PC, XGP]

From what I've seen of the game so far, this is an extremely good AA looter shooter. I'm now checking out end game gameplay to see if I'll buy it full price now or wait until it goes on sale as I usually do with games. Had absolutely 0 interest in the game until I saw some streamers playing it on Twitch and the gameplay looks fantastic.

However, that said, due to the unexpectedly high demand for the game at launch, there have been some server issues with the game (solo play requires an internet connection with server authentication). It's gotten a lot better, but might be worth waiting a few weeks for them to iron things out.

It's buggy, but pretty a solid effort for a AA developer.

Regards,
SB

Its a fun game for sure. The dialog and story are about the level to be expected from any such game, but the mechanics are fun. I'm extremely early on. I'm having to unlearn game mappings from other games, namely finding myself using the Gears cover system when it is not setup that way.

This is absolutely a game to check out if you're a GamePass subscriber.

dialog is .. LOL

I caught myself shaking my heads a couple of times. I wasn't sure if they were trying to be like Sunset Overdrive where they knew exactly the type of cheese they were going for, or if someone thought yea, this is passable for our audiences "hey at least we're better than Destiny 1"; which arguably the dialog is.

Saw the Gamersyde video and the voice acting legit made me laugh. It sounds like a random person just reading along as he plays. It’s hilariously bad. Almost at the level of something like The Room.

I liked the game right up until I was introduced to the end game. I’m not a fan of loot rewards being based on speed.

I was a fan of the Division’s end game because u could use smarts in place of power to get through the content. You could simply trade more time for access to the best loot.

This game’s rewards system is strictly time-based. Already one class (Devastators) is being regularly kicked from random groups because of their lower DPS but tanky nature doesn’t jibe well with an end game more concentrated on quickly tearing through the content as fast as possible to gain the best chance at high-end loot.

Last edited:
I liked the game right up until I was introduced to the end game. I’m not a fan of loot rewards being based on speed.

I was a fan of the Division’s end game because u could use smarts in place of power to get through content. You could simply trade time for access to the best loot.

This game’s rewards system is strictly time based. Already one class (Devastators) are being regularly kicked from random groups because their tanky nature doesn’t jibe well with a end game more concentrated on quickly tearing through the content as fast as possible to gain the best chance of gaining high end loot.
yea that was a serious flaw in game design that needs to be rectified. First they should buff the devastator so that players stop getting kicked.

Then they need to go back to the draw board to make the game a little more than a diablo loot run.

The is an issue I have with a ton of games.

I often love the new game/world learning experience, then becoming confident through gearing and powering-up while actively using and those mechanics then the game will toss a curveball to the gameplay and I'll hate it and just quit and never buy any sequels.

It is a great game imo. I liked it a lot. It is a looter shooter, but what I like about it is the possibility to make builds that do not rely on guns. You can make pure ability driven builds, which is awesome. In some sense, those pure ability builds then reminded me about Diablo 3 gameplay.
The campaign is meaty and has imo a solid story. The late game is decent as well. There are/were of course many bugs that killed the enjoyment for many players....I was lucky and got never hit by any of the issues.

So, playing Outriders on PC. Another bad PC port. Some keybinds are non-rebindable though the game's UI ... which has gotten me killed a few times in game.

What sucks is that on the Steam version you can edit the GameUserSettings.ini in appdata > local > madness > saved > windowsnoeditor to change those keybinds. Unfortunately, on Game Pass I have no idea where that would be.

What's so bizarre is that People Can Fly used to be PC developers. You'd think they wouldn't fuck this up, but gah! Frustrating to die in game because they can't code a proper PC port of their game.

[edit]Nevermind. I found the file, but I can't rebind the action that the game has mapped to the G key since the config file only lists the bindings that you've changed. This allows you to bind keys that the game won't allow you to bind, but doesn't help me change the game's binding for G to something else so that it doesn't confict with my custom keybind for G to move right. .../sigh. What a piece of shite. And using WASD is out of the question since that becomes incredibly painful after long gaming sessions due to a broken pinkie that wasn't set correctly when I was in high school. AAUUGGGHHH.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
So, playing Outriders on PC. Another bad PC port. Some keybinds are non-rebindable though the game's UI ... which has gotten me killed a few times in game.

What sucks is that on the Steam version you can edit the GameUserSettings.ini in appdata > local > madness > saved > windowsnoeditor to change those keybinds. Unfortunately, on Game Pass I have no idea where that would be.

What's so bizarre is that People Can Fly used to be PC developers. You'd think they wouldn't fuck this up, but gah! Frustrating to die in game because they can't code a proper PC port of their game.

[edit]Nevermind. I found the file, but I can't rebind the action that the game has mapped to the G key since the config file only lists the bindings that you've changed. This allows you to bind keys that the game won't allow you to bind, but doesn't help me change the game's binding for G to something else so that it doesn't confict with my custom keybind for G to move right. .../sigh. What a piece of shite. And using WASD is out of the question since that becomes incredibly painful after long gaming sessions due to a broken pinkie that wasn't set correctly when I was in high school. AAUUGGGHHH.

Regards,
SB

One reason I switched back to console gaming about 20yrs ago.

Back