Microsoft XBox and Bang & Olufsen Audio Proposition [2020-06]

How so?

The reviews by folks on other forums have been amazing sound quality on it. They only wish they had the ability to listen to dual streams simultaneously like the Xbox Wireless Headset has, and that it also came with a carrying case.
Pretty much point for point of this review.
Also is compatible with PS.

May not be for me but.....
For someone who wants a general high quality headphones, that can also work as a gaming headset on PS and has a lot of xbox features (inc xbox wireless)
I could see how this actually works out pretty reasonable.

I find this a B&O Headset a great compliment to the lower-end but feature rich Xbox Wireless Headset.

Now if only there was a middle-ground product somewhere between the two with ability for simultaneous streams. Or if I could find a wireless adapter puck to use my Shure Earbuds on Bluetooth and Xbox Wireless, that would be Aces for me.

I find this a B&O Headset a great compliment to the lower-end but feature rich Xbox Wireless Headset.

Now if only there was a middle-ground product somewhere between the two with ability for simultaneous streams. Or if I could find a wireless adapter puck to use my Shure Earbuds on Bluetooth and Xbox Wireless, that would be Aces for me.
It does make me wonder if they are making a point of not encroaching on that OEM middle ground.
As that would otherwise be the obvious next step.
But between the two, OEM's may take onboard what these do.

I've posted this before, but eBay has a bunch of listings for this...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-...or-XBOX-ONE-X-S-Game-Controller-/133476141748

Never bought one but $14.48 there's little risk.

Tommy McClain

Thanks, but was looking for something slightly different. I didn't make it quite clear. My Shure EarBuds are old-school wired 3.5mm. I have a older BT 3.x adapter to use it with my tablet and use a controller puck for Xbox. I was hoping for something like this https://www.amazon.com/Shure-RMCE-BT2-High-Resolution-Bluetooth-Communication/dp/B07HYMWSGY but support Xbox Wireless protocol directly.

upload_2021-4-9_19-22-43.png

I have this now:

upload_2021-4-9_19-24-2.png

Oh, OK. I don't think we'll ever see an Xbox version of that Bluetooth setup. Your controller puck is probably the only way it will work with wired earbuds. Without a dedicated wireless Xbox headset everything will have to go through the controller.

Tommy McClain

How so?

The reviews by folks on other forums have been amazing sound quality on it. They only wish they had the ability to listen to dual streams simultaneously like the Xbox Wireless Headset has, and that it also came with a carrying case.
For $500 I believe it is overpriced regardless how great the sound quality is

For $500 I believe it is overpriced regardless how great the sound quality is
You comparing like for like?

Or is it a general thing that every headset is over priced at that price point?

It is expensive for a gaming headset.
Not expensive for a general higher end headset.

You comparing like for like?

Or is it a general thing that every headset is over priced at that price point?

It is expensive for a gaming headset.
Not expensive for a general higher end headset.
I believe that even for a higher end headset it is. And it is not about just this specific model.

Reactions: Jay
Back