CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

I started playing yesterday, patch 1.2. After 15 hours no glitches so far. And it's an awesome, awesome game. Graphics, design, attention to detail are second to none. As for NPC's density- it's okay comparing to other games (but downgraded comparing to PC). Surprisingly, there are places (clubs, outside of V apartment, markets) where you can meet tens of npc'sat a time.
Also, difference between PC an console is rather small - mainly RT ( which is very subtle on PC).
Will report on glitches, but for now would strongly recommend. The game is something special.

Also, difference between PC an console is rather small - mainly RT ( which is very subtle on PC).
Will report on glitches, but for now would strongly recommend. The game is something special.
Traffic density seems to be the biggest difference. Have CDPR fixed the general traffic AI and weird spawning-despawning in 1.2? It's used to be particularly noticeable on the highway where even in 1.1 you could see lines of cars moving in both directions in the distance but they all popped out of existence around 80 yards out - even the ones heading in your direction.

According to DF, ray tracing is the biggest difference.
That's because they care most about shiny pixels and I care about how believable he world is.

Night City is borderline a ghost town on consoles except in a few isolated areas like markets or bars. Night City is supposed to be "bustling metropolis".

Traffic density seems to be the biggest difference. Have CDPR fixed the general traffic AI and weird spawning-despawning in 1.2? It's used to be particularly noticeable on the highway where even in 1.1 you could see lines of cars moving in both directions in the distance but they all popped out of existence around 80 yards out - even the ones heading in your direction.

Didn't notice that, but there's not much traffic in your vincinity, like 3 to 5 cars. Although, it is funny how other cars can't overtake you even if you stopped. But it is not that different from other games.

Not on PS4 Pro.

mainly RT ( which is very subtle on PC).
I wish I could turn off RT on PC. The game runs at almost twice the framerate with it disabled, it takes away something intangible. I would agree that the changes are subtle, and actually I think the reflections look a bit like they are pictures covered in plastic wrap, but I've tried turning off RT and I always go back to turning it back on. All those subtle changes make a big difference to the final output, but in screen shots or even videos I think a lot of that magic is lost.

I wish I could turn off RT on PC. The game runs at almost twice the framerate with it disabled, it takes away something intangible. I would agree that the changes are subtle, and actually I think the reflections look a bit like they are pictures covered in plastic wrap, but I've tried turning off RT and I always go back to turning it back on. All those subtle changes make a big difference to the final output, but in screen shots or even videos I think a lot of that magic is lost.

Exactly this. Many, effects these days are subtle, but in combination they can still result in a much more pleasing or realistic image, especially in motion.

According to df on consoles 1.2 have worse asset streaming.

On my pc it also got asset streaming downgrade. So now cars pops in at closer distance, etc. Really bad on long straight roads like in the badlands

Pedestrians still vanish like a fart in the wind when you turn your back (coincidence?!) on them. The incongruity between fake 2D bumper to bumper traffic just over the horizon and sparse local 3D models is still most evident in the landfill area. Traffic lights still mean nothing.
And yet this mechanic is not that different from other open world games. Is it? Why do you expect it to differ that much? There are always 6 to 8 extremely detailed cars in your surroundings. As for amount of pedestrians, it is GTA V level which is okay in my book. They vanish, all right, like in any other game in the genre. I don't have problem with that.
What I have problem with is that I almost skipped on really exceptional game, because people on the Interweb just love nitpicking and seeing heroes (in that case CDPR) fall. I understand that game was broken, but after 1.2 patch common opinion is that not much changed and game is rubbish, which is not fair. People jumped the bandwagon and are bashing this game just because.
And yet I am having a blast. The amount of work and love devs put into this game is so evident, that I can't wait to play it everyday Which didn't happen to me in a long, long time.
Report: 23 hours into the game, still no glitches.

What any other open world games where

• the NPCs gone into oblivion when you rotate the camera?
  • Cars spawns / despawn just a few meters away from you?

What any other open world games where

• the NPCs gone into oblivion when you rotate the camera?
  • Cars spawns / despawn just a few meters away from you?
To certain excent it's present in every sandbox, but to me it is mostly visible in GTA series - I think it is RDR 2 where they made some progress, but the game became so sluggish, it is a chore to play (thank god for the story and graphics). But in this kind of games there are always tradeoffs - Skyrim, Infamous SS, Mafia, Days Gone, the Witcher, Assasins Creed, far Cry they are always some minor problems. It was quite jarring also in Zelda BotW (maybe I shouldn't said that).
Recently I played Kingdom Come Deliverance - the game was patched to hell and back and it is crashing on me like every 30 minutes, and is still plagued by several issues... And somehow this game was well received

To certain excent it's present in every sandbox, but to me it is mostly visible in GTA series - I think it is RDR 2 where they made some progress, but the game became so sluggish, it is a chore to play (thank god for the story and graphics). But in this kind of games there are always tradeoffs - Skyrim, Infamous SS, Mafia, Days Gone, the Witcher, Assasins Creed, far Cry they are always some minor problems. It was quite jarring also in Zelda BotW (maybe I shouldn't said that).
Recently I played Kingdom Come Deliverance - the game was patched to hell and back and it is crashing on me like every 30 minutes, and is still plagued by several issues... And somehow this game was well received

it seems I'm finally got lucky :D

The issues i mentioned never happen to me on those games you listed (except Infamous SS and Days Gone, as i only play them in the early levels, so i cant judge).

it seems I'm finally got lucky :D

The issues i mentioned never happen to me on those games you listed (except Infamous SS and Days Gone, as i only play them in the early levels, so i cant judge).

Really? You don't remember GTA V traffic mod? I don't think it was made because there were so many cars in the game...
More luck to you then.
Apparently I got lucky with Cyberpunk, becasue on PS5 with patch 1.2 the game runs great.

Back