GPU Ray Tracing Performance Comparisons [2021-2022]

Err, what? It's a lot closer to competitors $500 product than their $400 product, how on earth doesn't it have business costing over $400? o_O
Outside of the larger VRAM allocation it has nothing going for it. At MSRP, would you recommend the 6700XT over a 3070 as the better purchase?

Outside of the larger VRAM allocation it has nothing going for it. At MSRP, would you recommend the 6700XT over a 3070 as the better purchase?
Well, while there are users, who were able to buy Radeon RX 6700 XT at AMD's webshop for MSRP, I don't know a single person, who got GeForce RTX 3070 for MSRP. Why to compare MSRPs, when one vendor doesn't sell its product for MSRP?

Well, while there are users, who were able to buy Radeon RX 6700 XT at AMD's webshop for MSRP, I don't know a single person, who got GeForce RTX 3070 for MSRP. Why to compare MSRPs, when one vendor doesn't sell its product for MSRP?
The actual pricing situation is absurd and there is massive variance. All we can do is compare them at their MSRP. The current fiasco is hardly exclusive to Nvidia GPUs.

The actual pricing situation is absurd and there is massive variance. All we can do is compare them at their MSRP. The current fiasco is hardly exclusive to Nvidia GPUs.
No, but the fact that not even NVIDIA sold 3070 at MSRP in most of the world (it actually never came available in many countries with dedicated NVIDIA onlinestores) is exclusive to NVIDIA.
RX 6700 XT, while availability is limited and retail prices are absurd just like every other card, has been and will be over and over again available at MSRP through AMD's own store.

3070 is at MSRP on the nvidia store, no ? Or it's only Founder Editions?

Or other systems like the evga "my notify" sytem, where you can buy at decent price if you have a looooot of patience.

Hopefully not many Studios will follow this type of "weak" RT implementation. Will be more interesting to see how Intel's RT implementation performs.
The ray tracing shadows only subtly improve the graphics of the already pretty game and reduce the frame rate by 12 to at worst 22 percent. It could also be said that the minimal improvement of the detail shadows is not worth a fifth of the Fps, but each player has to decide for himself. Why other weaknesses of traditional shadows have not been addressed, including visible transitions between the levels of detail, is a pity given the good performance. In all this, Dirt 5 makes no secret of the AMD collaboration, Radeon graphics cards perform above average thanks to the RDNA-2 optimized raytracing shaders - but Geforce graphics cards are not treated unfairly.

3070 is at MSRP on the nvidia store, no ? Or it's only Founder Editions?
NVIDIA sold FE at MSRP in very, very limited quantities in some specific countries (read: US and maybe couple others), but many European countries where NVIDIA have or at least had at the launch time dedicated stores never got a single 3070 FE for sale and I doubt other EMEA, Asian or Oceanic markets had it any better.
Nowadays they just list 3rd party stores instead of sellings cards themselves I think, with links saying "check availability", or in case of Finland, they have "check availability" button and zero stores to link to.

45 game benchmark 6700XT vs 3070.

6700XT has no business going over $400. It's a complete reversal of the status quo of the last 8 years.
Neither does a used Vega 56 have "any business" going over $1000 on ebay, nor a used GTX 1050 Ti going over $300. Yet such are the times we live in.

You now have a much better chance of a notably better experience on the Nvidia GPU, when not CPU limited.
Is this just propaganda or is there a deeper meaning to the sentence?

NVIDIA sold FE at MSRP in very, very limited quantities in some specific countries (read: US and maybe couple others), but many European countries where NVIDIA have or at least had at the launch time dedicated stores never got a single 3070 FE for sale and I doubt other EMEA, Asian or Oceanic markets had it any better.
Some details about FE drops in Europe:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FRoS-x8yIyzNWbdZ9viB46C4LjoDkK9Dj4YfbcYxlg0

Not sure there's any public information what kind of quantities AMD and Nvidia are selling their reference and FE models at MSRP. AMD's store definitely serves a wider audience in Europe.

Neither does a used Vega 56 have "any business" going over $1000 on ebay, nor a used GTX 1050 Ti going over $300. Yet such are the times we live in.

Is this just propaganda or is there a deeper meaning to the sentence?
I’m referring to what I think the MSRP should be. The 2nd statement refers to how you had a much better shot at a notably better experience on AMDs competing GPU for the last several generations.

Not sure there's any public information what kind of quantities AMD and Nvidia are selling their reference and FE models at MSRP. AMD's store definitely serves a wider audience in Europe.
"Best Buy" took over all FE sales for Nvidia, though believe they only have physical stores in the US, Canada and Mexico. The price is basically MSRP.

Boundary DXR demo results, RTX 3090 is 70% faster than 6900XT @1440p and 2160p.

q8hSyod6hfaJf3NCX5ofbZ-970-80.png.webp

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-radeon-rx-6900-xt-review

As far as i know AMD hasnt optimized Raytracing in UE4 for their GPUs. The opposite of nVidia who is pushing the Raytracing integration with better performance and new SDKs. And nVidia is working with Indie developers to help them integrating Raytracing into their games. Headup studios will have three titles with Raytracing (Pumpin Jack, The Fabled Woods and Industria). More and more UE4 games will have Raytracing and DLSS support.

New As far as i know AMD hasnt optimized Raytracing in UE4 for their GPUs.
I believe they did. They supported RT shadows in Godfall, and RT reflections in The Medium, which got implemented in consoles as well, both are UE4 games.

The problem I believe isn't optimizations, but rather the RT level itself. The more RT effects are used, and the more visually complex the effect is, the harder the hit on AMD hardware.

Boundary used RT for AO, reflections and GI. The Medium uses it for reflections and AO. Both games exhibit the same large performance delta between a 3090 and a 6900XT (70%+).

Back