Current Generation Games Analysis Technical Discussion [2020-2021] [XBSX|S, PS5, PC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
she has extra fortified alberto styling gel in her hair
Lol. While the vid in his post is funny, my chuckle was more @Proelite sarcastically suggesting that the physics issues are as a result of Kraken IO not decompressing the physics given the talk of Kraken IO being used as the reason for the improvement in streaming in CyberPunk 2077. Dude has a good sense of humor.

Obviously the PS5 has enough horse power for physics. Process of elimination tells us the physics problems are caused by either Kraken, Tempest, or perhaps DualSense haptics.

How does it? What's the logic for this? There appears to be none. You also said this is a trend. What are the other games?

Really baffling why they push pixels over at least 8xAF on consoles all the time
bottleneck differences. they could move on resolution, but could not move on AF.
AF tends to be very expensive to move up, but simultaneously can be very cheap if it's not the source of the bottleneck (thus why everyone on PC says I can run it at 16xAF no frame impact). I think similar concepts apply here. They could move the resolution up without penalty but improving AF may have had a larger penalty to performance.

I have run 16xAF since...7900GTX I think...so I suspect the consoles are rather bandwith limited...4x/8x AF in 2021...auch :/
not necessarily, it's just that every game will maximize different parts of the hardware, and in this case moving up in AF is causing an impact on performance for XSX more than it is on PS5. I suspect if bandwidth was the only culprit they could have reduced some resolution to gain the bandwidth to increase AF.

Aren't discussions supposed to be technical instead of company cheerleading? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I may have lost the thread of this conversation, I've only been dipping into threads the last few weeks. A big fiery ball has appeared in the sky above the UK on several occasions and I've been drawn towards it like a moth!

not necessarily, it's just that every game will maximize different parts of the hardware, and in this case moving up in AF is causing an impact on performance for XSX more than it is on PS5. I suspect if bandwidth was the only culprit they could have reduced some resolution to gain the bandwidth to increase AF.

<16xAF in 2021...still cannot wrap my head around that one :sly:

wow, we're back to secret outriders VRS? game looks great on both platrofrms. That bad af hurts on the xbox version.

I think the game looks horrible on all platforms.

It's got game design and art direction I remember from 20 years ago; a character causing fire to come out of the ground in a line. Looks the epitome of mediocrity.
yeah its not a looker but at least has proper dsr implementation as game looks quite sharp on ps5 (tested only demo)

Guess sometimes people interpret things differently as it's not what I heard.
I heard, solid 60 which last gen couldn't come close to doing.
Updated graphics in graphics mode.
In performance mode graphics are generally closer to the high end last gen console, given the cost of XSS and for a cross gen game, sounds pretty good to me.

But as I said, guess it depends on what people are expecting and interpreting.

Revisiting this because NXGamer definitively put the Series S into the last generation group in his Outriders comparison. I misheard last time because it's a viewpoint that he has publicly stated previously, that S is a last generation console.

Revisiting this because NXGamer definitively put the Series S into the last generation group in his Outriders comparison. I misheard last time because it's a viewpoint that he has publicly stated previously, that S is a last generation console.

which is a truly braindead take. Facile observation that will obviously not remain true when last gen support gets sunset but the S still ships games. Like saying the lowest end new nvidia/amd card is a 'last gen' grahics card. what would that even mean!?

I think the game looks horrible on all platforms.

It's got game design and art direction I remember from 20 years ago; a character causing fire to come out of the ground in a line. Looks the epitome of mediocrity.
its clean, its got good effects, and its got lots of enemies on the screen. Not everything has to break the mold, retro stylings dont mean a game looks bad.

he compared xss to ps4pro and xox (which I think is natural) but in 10:28 after complimenting xss version he said "so going back to lastgen versions" showing xox vs ps4pro (btw interestingly ps5 outside of better filtering has higher geometry details vs xsx and pc)

Last edited:
he compared xss to ps4pro and xsx (which I think is natural) but in 10:28 after complimenting xss version he said "so going back to lastgen versions" showing xsx vs ps4pro (btw interestingly ps5 outside of better filtering has higher geometry details vs xsx and pc)

He said looking at the last generation consoles to start with.

He is pretty upfront about his view that the S is a last gen console for quite a while, since before launch. We can argue semantics of his words, but his opinion of the S is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back