What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jedi Fallen Order - as always, LTTP and somewhat fuelled by watching series 5 of The Clone Wars. LTTP as well!

I've beaten Assassin's Creed Valhalla recently so now I'm going through the following.

The Last of Us II on the PS5. I got it the day it dropped last year and when I put it in my ps4 and it sounded like an aircraft carrier, I simply said I'll play you again later. That applies to Ghost of Tsushima as well.

Cyberpunk 2077 on XSX and waiting for the Barbarians update to hop back into Civilization 6 on Switch.

After some of this, finally play Crusaders Kings 3 on PC.

I'm dipping into No Man's Sky, which I've not properly replayed since launch. I remember hating the menu/UI system in 2016 and I still hate it. :yep2:

It's not as bad as the original Mass Effect but it's giving it a good run for it's money.

After a looooong break, I resumed playing The Witcher 2. God, I can't. The combat system in the first game seemed shitty but I got to love it and now the new one feels way worse. Also, everything feels like microchapters where you have to do 1 or 2 things, adorned with a few crappy QTEs, and then, next. It's not like the first game with a big map and primary/secondary quests. Also, fucking bugs. The story is interesting but the execution so far is quite annoying and it makes me want to stop playing after a few minutes.

Finished Doom 2016. Very good and enjoyed it a lot. Tried Snap mode just for the achievements (online in this game appears to be totally dead) but Jesus Christ, if you want an example of why some people shouldn't have the job they have, this is it. It is slow as fuck, and I don't mean it takes 20 seconds to load or whatever, no it takes minutes. Once you are inside the editor everything you do again takes minutes. Tried for 10 minutes and ctrlaltdel'ed out of it because it is just so fucking horrible.

Started with Ori and the will of the wisps. Well that is a waste of 2.5 hours of my time I'll never get back. The game looks great and I especially like the music but I made the stupid mistake of playing on hard. Now this is the type of game where the hard mode be called the lame mode. It's not a hard mode where you require skill, its a hard mode where you need to live with dev incompetence. Enemies are too strong, you die too quick and the environments just aren't designed to deal with the kind of combat you need in hard mode. I don't know why the game even has the amount of combat it does, should have just focused on exploring.Hopefully I can be bothered to start from 0 again.

Destiny 2 ever since I ignored the random loot and bounties, its became a joy to play.

If only they sell a 10 dollars IAP that removes random loot and bounties.

Its been awhile, but you can use widescreen patches for PS1 games just like for PS2 ones. I think i had for suikoden 2, no idea how it compares to 'native' (a real PSX) though.
googling around turns out the PSP version is native widescreen. here i go Retroarch Switch!

I have returned to Ghost of Tsushima, which I never finished last year. I had forgotten how great the combat is.

With the news of PS3 store closing soon I bought Tales from Space: About a Blob, the first game done by DrinkBox studio (Guacamelee games). it's exclusive for PS3 (and digital only). It's some kind of funny puzzle-plaform game. I like it a lot! Highly recommended. There is even a demo.

Been playing persona 5 strikers lately on the PS5 . Waiting for the April rebalancing in civilization 6. Been playing sf3 on my arcade machine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back