FREE Games List [2008-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The graphics really do look gorgeous. Weirdly low requirements for such graphics though, I wonder if that's a mismatch between the original and remastered version. I'd definitively pick this up if I had the time to play it. Unfortunately I'm barely 50% through Assassins Creed Odyssey right now with a backlog of at least half a dozen AAA games and growing, so the last thing I need is another game that will suck up 100's of hours! Especially as I only get single digit hours per week to game these days.

To allow the game to run on machines of the time, they had to make some compromises for the graphics. For example, I remember the pop-in pretty pretty bad at times and detail went down fairly quickly at a distance compared to other open world games. The trade-off, however was incredibly detailed player models and graphics up close were, IMO, second to none (for the time it released).

It's still pretty amazing what they accomplished. And the combat is still one of the best for 3rd person over the shoulder action combat. It's very fast paced and over the top with heavy visual feedback that is almost absurd (but highly satisfying) for the more powerful attacks (the whole screen shakes).

Regards,
SB

Valve has announced the cancellation of Artifact 2.0. Moreover, the team has announced that Artifact Classic is now free to play, meaning that everyone will be able to play it.
It’s now been about a year and a half since the current Artifact team began work on a reboot in earnest. While we’re reasonably satisfied we accomplished most of our game-side goals, we haven’t managed to get the active player numbers to a level that justifies further development at this time. As such, we’ve made the tough decision to stop development on the Artifact 2.0 Beta.
Here are also the final changes that Valve made to Artifact Classic.

The game is free for everyone to play.
All players get every card for free. You will no longer be able to buy card packs.
Paid players’ existing cards have been converted into special Collector’s Edition versions, which will remain marketable. Marketplace integration has been removed from the game.
Paid event tickets have been removed.
Customers who paid for the game will still earn packs of Collector’s Edition cards for playing; players who got the game for free will not.

This is also free on Epic (along with Wargame Red Dragon)

Last edited:
Ancestors Legacy - Free Peasant Edition released

1C Entertainment has released a free version of Ancestors Legacy, called Free Peasant Edition. Ancestors Legacy: Free Peasant Edition includes all 17 multiplayer maps, as well as four single-player missions from the Vikings campaign. Additionally, this version offers access to all four main nations: Vikings, Anglo-Saxons, Germans, and Slavs. Ancestors Legacy is a history-inspired real-time strategy game influenced by historical events in the Middle Ages. The game combines resource management and base building with large-scale, squad-based battles across vast battlefields.

Not sure what the difference is between "Free" and "Free to Play" or even if there is one
OG4RIz5.jpg

Thanks just grabbed it
I had to search for it within steam they made no effort to bring it to my attention (despite being the owner of many flight sims)

Civ 6 is free to play this weekend on Steam, if you haven’t already gotten it when it was free on Epic.

Worth mentioning here just because it’s so crazy, but Sony is giving away a ton of PlayStation games: Abzu, Astro Bot, Enter the Gungeon, Moss, Paper Beast, Rez Infinite, Subnautica, Thumper, The Witness. Here’s the US link, but I’m pretty sure it’s worldwide. Ratchet & Clank is also free til the 31st.

Amazon/Twitch Primers, reminder that a bunch of games on offer expire either in less than a day (Sine Mora, a shmup) or at the end of the month (a bunch of SNK stuff: the 40th Anniversary Collection and a bunch of Neo Geo games).

XIII (classic) is free on GOG.com for another ~24hrs. Scroll down their homepage a bit to find the horizontal banner. You may have to subscribe to their newsletter and agree that there are no hard feeling about Cyberpunk.

r/GameDeals says that you can now grab the Hitman 3 Starter Pack on Epic and the Hitman 1 DLC for it, provided you’ve already claimed Hitman 1 back when Epic gave it away. It should show as free once you add it to your cart checkout.

Thanks just grabbed it (even though I have it on disc) they did a reboot of XIII but it's supposed to be inferior

ps: hitman appears to be a bit more complex than that
before you can get the dlc you need to upgrade hitman to the GOTY edition
GgxmOlj.jpg

rRrhjlH.jpg

Last edited:
It worked for me? It won’t show as free until you click Buy Now to start the checkout process.

what did the dlc or the hitman goty ?
according to epic only the goty can be upgraded with the dlc the version of hitman they gave away was the standard version not the goty
do you have the goty ?

The DLC. I have whatever Epic gave away for free, which was the non-GOTY version. My receipt shows Hitman 3 Access Pass: Hitman 1 GOTY Edition. I can’t say why it worked for me. Maybe US vs EU? A loophole that was closed? A worthy soul? Nah, couldn’t be, I have it on as many console as PC platforms. ;). I’ll double check what Epic’s Hitman 1 page shows me.

Edit: Apparently this process upgrades you to the GOTY? Reddit knows best. You donneed to upgrade to the GOTY. You claim the Hitman 3 Starter Pack, then the Hitman 1 DLC for Hitman 3. It all happens in the H3 page. I’m curious if the H1 page shows you as owning H1 GOTY after this, but you may only be able to play H1 GOTY within H3.

Tales of the Neon Sea free on Epic this week; 3 Out of 10: Season 2, next week. Season 1 is still up for grabs on the Free Games page, along with Thimbleweed Park and others.

Steel Rats is free on Steam til Apr 4th.

Last edited:
I have the hitman 1 game they gave away i claimed the Hitman 3 Starter Pack, but when i go to the hitman 3 page i cant find any Hitman 1 DLC for Hitman 3
qhkbEIf.jpg

click on show more button
I3XyeZG.jpg

I have the hitman 1 game they gave away i claimed the Hitman 3 Starter Pack, but when i go to the hitman 3 page i cant find any Hitman 1 DLC for Hitman 3
Rightmost, bottom row. (Hitman III Access Pass - Hitman Game of the Year Edition.)

Will turn free at checkout if the giveaway Hitman is registered to the same account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back