Wii U for Dummies?

Not for the kids but for you. Zombie U was great.

For the kids I think its called the fabulous 100 or something like that. Also yoshi wooly world.

Not for the kids but for you. Zombie U was great.

For the kids I think its called the fabulous 100 or something like that. Also yoshi wooly world.

Don't see myself playing it unless it's a controller game, but thanks for the suggestion.

Didn't realize Nintendo had a newer Yoshi game, but it looks like it's for the Wii U. Too bad, looked really neat. :/

Tommy McClain

Don't see myself playing it unless it's a controller game, but thanks for the suggestion.

Didn't realize Nintendo had a newer Yoshi game, but it looks like it's for the Wii U. Too bad, looked really neat. :/

Tommy McClain
ha my bad , i kept seeing wii u and thought you bought a wii u. Its been ages since I've had a wii. I think i played the least amount of games on that systems

There was a good Monster Hunter on it, but if you played any more recent opus you'll likely not like it too much.

There was a good Monster Hunter on it, but if you played any more recent opus you'll likely not like it too much.

Not a fan of RPGs or anything turn-based, which pretty much means Japanese titles are probably a no-go. BTW, I loathed Monster Hunter World. Just played it for the Game Pass Quests. If it was more action & adventure with no RPG I probably would have liked it.

Anyway, this will mainly be the kids system. Wife will probably test it out(Zelda & Animal Crossing), but I don't expect to play on it at all.

Tommy McClain

So I guess Xenoblade Chronicles is right out? ;)

No multiplats means no Lego games? Kirby’s Epic Yarn might be good for young kids, and it’s 2 player. Maybe try Boom Blox / Boom Blox Bash Party, Order Up!, Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection, We Ski / We Ski & Snowboard, or Zack & Wiki. Did Pikmin start out on the Wii?

Bomberman Land seems to include a classic Bomberman game.

Last edited:
So I guess Xenoblade Chronicles is right out? ;)

No multiplats means no Lego games? Kirby’s Epic Yarn might be good for young kids, and it’s 2 player. Maybe try Boom Blox / Boom Blox Bash Party, Order Up!, Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection, We Ski / We Ski & Snowboard, or Zack & Wiki. Did Pikmin start out on the Wii?

Bomberman Land seems to include a classic Bomberman game.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Kids can play Lego games on any of our Xbox systems. I own quite a few of them already. And yeah, Xenoblade Chronicles is out.

Your others are good. I think Kirby & Boom Blox would be cool for the kids. Doubt kids would go for pinball though. As for Pikmin, 1 & 2 originally started on Gamecube. They were ported to Wii but as digital games, but didn't release Pikmin 3 until Wii U. :/

BTW Zelda BOTW is a Wii U & Switch game.

Looks like a Wii U might still be in order.

Tommy McClain

Back