Formula 1 - 2021 Season

I think the AMR21 looks great, the Merc influences are obvious, with the car taking on Mercs 2020's rear suspension and the like, plus those little engine bulges hiding the new even more powerful Merc engine under the hood, it should be well up there towards the front of the grid.

Haas is up

edit: The new sponsor UralKali has changed their logo and color scheme to match Russian flag to get the colors on the car, without the change they couldn't have kept those clear Russian flags as they're still banned from all major sporting events.
https://www.uralkali.com/press_center/press_releases/item43939/
Uralkali will present a new corporate logo as part of the sponsorship arrangement. The new logo will help to improve Uralkali's brand recognition as Russia's largest producer of potash fertilizers. The updated logo is harmonious with Uralkali's corporate brand identity and consistent with the Company's current corporate image.

Last edited:
Since when is F1 a UK organisation?
I would have thought it appropriate to get vaccinated if the country/ies you're going to be operating in are offering/requesting it.
If I was running a country & had vaccine available I'd be expecting F1 ppl to accept vaccination or not be allowed in.
Especially given how thoroughly teams' efforts at isolation have failed over the last year.

Does the vaccination only offered to everyone coming to Bahrain or simply for F1 (and probably selected others)? If I go to Bahrain right now, can I get the vaccine too? Are all people in Bahrain already received vaccination thus they can give vaccination to F1 circus?
I personally don't really care about it but I can see why it can be a problem for a lot of people which is understandable.

Edit: I do understand about the other angle which is more of a political thing. I personally would take the offer tho as long as there is no string attached.

Last edited:
Can Renault slim that bodywork at any time? Is that their extra cooling config?

Aston paint color looks great on track. I don’t understand what’s going on with Ferrari’s rear wing lettering: illegible black on maroon from the front, bold white lettering behing, and that green klaxon on top of the car.

Two gearbox changes on Merc engines so far: Bottas day one, Vettel day two (I think).

they specualte a bit about in this
Haven’t had the chance to listen to this sweet bonus Tech Time yet, but Ted’s Notebook for testing day two said Alpine was willing to sacrifice the higher center of gravity (for relocating some cooling and electronics up there) in order to gain smaller sidepods and the consequent improved airflow to the rear (itself to compensate for the lost aero from the shrunken floor).

He also mentioned that Vettel’s gearbox problem was electrical in nature and so different than Mercedes’.

Ted seems giddy to the pount of distraction in his first two Notebooks. Give me Gary Anderson sketching on paper over a wasted wedge of cheese.

Edit: The Beeb:
The Alpine car has been notable for its bulbous engine cover, which Alpine executive director Marcin Budkowski said was as a result of the team placing radiators above the engine rather than in the car's side pods for aerodynamic advantage.

"We found that slimming the side pods was a positive direction, which is nothing new," Budkowski said, "so we have repackaged and relocated some of the bulky things in the car and put them behind the air inlet.

"So, yes, it gives a fairly spectacularly bulky shape on the car but we found it works for us. Yes, there are centre of gravity compromises but usually the aero performance wins over weight and centre of gravity."

Last edited:
Good 3Legs4Wheels podcast with Craig Scarborough (he does the tech analysis for Peter Windsor’s YouTube channel, which was just posted).

Some interesting bits, like Scarbs saying the hype over McLaren’s different rear diffuser is overblown (not sure if pun).

Edit: The podcast is long. You can get the gist of it with the three ~10min YT vids (crank the playback speed!).

Last edited:
Back