The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Nope. At least not in their current episode breakdown. The first viewing experience should have been a single episode instead of what they chopped up as Episodes 1+2+3. That is the minimum required to get drawn in and should be everyone's first exposure to the series.

Nope. At least not in their current episode breakdown. The first viewing experience should have been a single episode instead of what they chopped up as Episodes 1+2+3. That is the minimum required to get drawn in and should be everyone's first exposure to the series.

The two first episodes were released at the same time, weren't they? The first one was a bit WTF, but in second it was clear things were changing.

The two first episodes were released at the same time, weren't they? The first one was a bit WTF, but in second it was clear things were changing.

Yes they were, but "The Hook" of the series wasn't until end of episode 3. The viewer experience was still that they could have stopped watching after only 1 episode or 2 episodes and would still have to wait a week, possibly thinking "this series has nothing for me if its just sitcom". Risky move, to go weekly and not even have that part to draw and keep viewers.

I've been banking them for a binge. I will really need to be in the right mood for something like this though but I do recall a lot of meh-ness for the first few episodes but knowing I can binge through and get to where it turns a corner is the only reason I'll watch this at all.

I don't have a problem with my attention span when binge-watching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just discovered "Resident Alien" and about halfway through I'm thinking this could be one of the rare SyFy good ones.

Either that or I'm just a HUUUUUGE Alan Tudyk fan and he's as amazeballs as usual in a very strange role. There's 3 episodes out, I'll report back after binging!
My flatmate thinks its amazing, I feel its missed the mark a bit.
Its right on the verge of just a series of going full retard.
And you never go full retard.

Last edited:
Worst final episode ever
comic-book-guy-the-ultimate-the-comic-book-guy-from-the-simpsons-31076528-235-215.jpg

It's impressive how a so maniacally written show can screw so much the ending.

Oh Wanda you frozen half a city, played like puppets with the other half, and tortured, kidnapped, sent in full Stockholm syndrome, scared to death all in full, including kids, but you did it because you wanted and you could, so you are justified and these townspeople are bad because don't understand.

It's not even an antihero, it's a full villain passed off as a real brooding hero.
She even mindrape Agatha, that was not even responsible for all this chaos! She just wanted the power but knowing that any bad deeds that she can imagine is nothing compared to what Wanda can do.

And the random stuff happens.
Dragonball.
Wanda and Agatha swap intelligence.
Monica sees a finger and watches up as if on the ceiling was spiderman hung.
Fietro is beaten by a slow judo move because yes, and is not explained why he looks like Foxietro.
Kat Dennings remembers to be in the show too, appear for less than 2 seconds, and then disappears.

The worst thing is that the showrunners filled the previous episodes with red herrings that lead to way better endings than this.

Been watching The Magicians since it recently landed on Prime in the UK. Far better than I expected. It's just... loads of fun. These days that counts for a lot.

Worst final episode ever
comic-book-guy-the-ultimate-the-comic-book-guy-from-the-simpsons-31076528-235-215.jpg

It's impressive how a so maniacally written show can screw so much the ending.

Oh Wanda you frozen half a city, played like puppets with the other half, and tortured, kidnapped, sent in full Stockholm syndrome, scared to death all in full, including kids, but you did it because you wanted and you could, so you are justified and these townspeople are bad because don't understand.

It's not even an antihero, it's a full villain passed off as a real brooding hero.
She even mindrape Agatha, that was not even responsible for all this chaos! She just wanted the power but knowing that any bad deeds that she can imagine is nothing compared to what Wanda can do.

And the random stuff happens.
Dragonball.
Wanda and Agatha swap intelligence.
Monica sees a finger and watches up as if on the ceiling was spiderman hung.
Fietro is beaten by a slow judo move because yes, and is not explained why he looks like Foxietro.
Kat Dennings remembers to be in the show too, appear for less than 2 seconds, and then disappears.

The worst thing is that the showrunners filled the previous episodes with red herrings that lead to way better endings than this.

It worked for me ... goes to show a lot is down to taste. And Wanda was one of my least favorite characters throughout most of the films, so I was surprised by it.

There is a lot of ambiguity that I like, and on the other hand a bunch of the things you feel are weird, I don’t. May go into more detail later.

Wandavision supposedly is setup for the Dr Strange sequel, for which I now have higher expectations than earlier. I think it worked quite OK.

Supposedly Wandavision's extra scenes setup for 2 different movies. The first extra scene sets up for Captain Marvel 2. The next extra scene sets up for Dr Strange 2.

LTTP but Lost in Space (season 1) on Netflix. I'm really enjoying it although the disparity between the robot when fully rendered in CGI and when it's obviously a guy in a suit is just ludicrous.

Lost in Space suffers a bit of the "everything goes wrong all the time" trope, but if you can stop thinking about it, its enjoyable. If they didn’t have that showcased, then episodes would be quite boring and feel like fillers.

Yeah I really enjoyed Lost in Space, looking forward to the final season.

I had a shocking revelation of the passage of time watching the first episode of Scrubs: They played Pac-Man which at the time seemed pretty ancient, being 20 years old arcade game back then. Yet, now it has been more than 20 years since that episode was aired. Crap. Scrubs itself I still fund fun and not ancient at all, even though 4:3 aspect ratio feels odd now.

My recent tv show watching history
1. black book
2. life on mars (american version? gf wanted to watch this for some reason)
3. xfiles

so never seen ... well practically anything in the last 20 years, breaking bad, sapranos, the wire, friends etc
So decide time to watch prolly the biggest show of the last 20 years, game of thrones

about 7 episodes watched in season 1, I think I might have to bail, its as boring as fuck
very reminiscent of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Claudius_(TV_series) which wasnt too bad for the time, but sheesh we've moved on

My recent tv show watching history
1. black book
2. life on mars (american version? gf wanted to watch this for some reason)
3. xfiles

so never seen ... well practically anything in the last 20 years, breaking bad, sapranos, the wire, friends etc
So decide time to watch prolly the biggest show of the last 20 years, game of thrones

about 7 episodes watched in season 1, I think I might have to bail, its as boring as fuck
very reminiscent of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Claudius_(TV_series) which wasnt too bad for the time, but sheesh we've moved on
First 2 seasons are not the best. Neither the last 2 unfortunately. :no:

Wait for the remastered Game of Thrones for the the last 2 seasons as those are not based on the books.

First 2 seasons are not the best. Neither the last 2 unfortunately. :no:

Wait for the remastered Game of Thrones for the the last 2 seasons as those are not based on the books.

I don't see GRRM ever finishing Game of Thrones books. So all we'll ever have is the GoT series based off his notes for the ending.

Back