Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

gt2 was 2 years after gt1, gt3 was 2 years after gt2, gt4 was 3 years after gt3, gt6 was 3 years after gt5, gt sport was 4 years after gt6 ;)

True words, but simpler times. Would love those times to come back.

All the more reason I'm looking forward to AI programming models to become more prolific in games development; creating the raw assets takes a ton of time and tons of manpower. Creating AI programming models to handle that type of work (but still have people there to curate it and add a human touch to the generated assets), maybe handling big parts of redundant coding directly, etc.

That would massively help in bringing down development times for AAA games, maybe truly help bring them back to those 5th-gen or 6th-gen AAA dev timescales in best-case, early/mid 7th-gen AAA devtimes being more modest.

True words, but simpler times. Would love those times to come back.

All the more reason I'm looking forward to AI programming models to become more prolific in games development; creating the raw assets takes a ton of time and tons of manpower. Creating AI programming models to handle that type of work (but still have people there to curate it and add a human touch to the generated assets), maybe handling big parts of redundant coding directly, etc.

That would massively help in bringing down development times for AAA games, maybe truly help bring them back to those 5th-gen or 6th-gen AAA dev timescales in best-case, early/mid 7th-gen AAA devtimes being more modest.
Pd was struggling when they convert engine to nextgeneration and had to recreate new highpoly cars. Im suprised that they postpone gt7 as after trailer presentation it looks they will use same engine and also earlier in interviews pd said they already have models ready for nextgen as they didnt want to make same work again.

Pd was struggling when they convert engine to nextgeneration and had to recreate new highpoly cars. Im suprised that they postpone gt7 as after trailer presentation it looks they will use same engine and also earlier in interviews pd said they already have models ready for nextgen as they didnt want to make same work again.

Yeah, I remember the "premium cars" fiasco of GT5, jeez that was not a good decision in retrospect. Would've been better to just feature the premium cars and introduce the other cars in continuous DLC. Then again PD were just...not great....in 7th gen; no cross-gen port of GT6 for PS4 was ridiculously dumb IMO.

From what others have been saying it sounds like PD need a lot of on-site data collecting for tracks and cars, car audio/sounds etc. which would be impacted from the lockdowns and stuff due to covid19. It's also not like they can ship all the cars to their on-site indoor studio and collect the data there, as it wouldn't even provide any means of getting data on the tracks to ensure they're accurate.

So, I can actually understand GT7 getting delaying in that respect. It has me slightly worried Forza Horizon 5 (if the rumors are true) could be delayed too, but I think that one might be a good deal easier because it's not a sim racer. They don't need to travel the world for a bunch of track data since they're using fictional locations, they can probably reuse a lot of the car data from the previous Horizon games and the Motorsport titles, etc. And while that might not lead to best accuracy, they don't need to be as accurate as a sim racer like GT7 on such things either.

kinda sad but with sales of playstation in japan maybe it wasn't unexpected

Guess I should kill my hopes for any UmJammer/Parappa or Tomba remakes :( . Hope we can at least get some remasters with a few additional touches.

Partnered on Demon's Souls and Bloodborne.

Their Asobi Team division is listed for Astro's Playroom.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Studio

@LawofTD: Sony has confirmed to IGN that it will re-organize JAPAN Studio around Team ASOBI.
"External production, software localization, and IP management of JAPAN Studio titles will be concentrated within the global functions of PlayStation Studios."
https://t.co/GvxrzcJZtE https://t.co/EJuX2DpIMo

Seeing other mumblings that a lot of the devs were layed off and only a minor handful has remained, I suppose those already part of ASOBI Team.

Seeing other mumblings that a lot of the devs were layed off and only a minor handful has remained, I suppose those already part of ASOBI Team.
I've seen reports that admin staff (the IGN article says localization, IP management, and external production) may be laid off because those functions will be amortised into PlayStation's central team but not devs? Where are the dev layoff rumours coming from? Was it speculation before the facts the were known?

What games have they done lately? If not profitable then studios go, looking at it historically. Sony/MS/Stadia( ha ha ha)
Their only commercially successful game done during the last decenny or so was Astro Bot. So they want to grow the new team around team Asobi.

Too bad for Gravity rush. But I really didn't like what had become Japan Studio which was mainly a producing machine + Gravity Rush (all good creative directors left years ago) until Astro.

I'd say From Software probably don't want to do another exclusive game for Playstation as they don't need the money anymore so it would make sense to 'let go' the producers.

Their only commercially successful game done during the last decenny or so was Astro Bot. So they want to grow the new team around team Asobi.
Studio Japan have been credited with a lot of co-development (Bloodborne, Demon Souls, The Last Guardian, Shadow of the Colossus, Soul Sacrifice, Rain etc).

Back