CYBERPUNK 2077 [PC Specific Patches and Settings]

if the GPU aint doing anything by looking at the sky, perhaps buying a better GPU wont increase your FPS much?
i.e. perhaps its the CPU, decrease the resolution size to see

if the GPU aint doing anything by looking at the sky, perhaps buying a better GPU wont increase your FPS much?
i.e. perhaps its the CPU, decrease the resolution size to see

Don't come with logic here! :p

its not but if they reduce resolution to 640x480 and the fps is still 55 then getting a faster GPU will not make the game quicker in most cases (and all cases just looking at the sky)

Yeah my 5820k@4.2 is pretty old but still it seems a gpu limitation, as gpu usage is still 100%. Fps increase when I lower résolution (or use cas).

EDIT : all right, I was wrong on my previous posts. i did some of my tests on a small "house" outside the city, and when I was talking about looking at the sky, it was at a ceiling. When I look at a "real" sky, the fps goes up (around 90fps) so it's ok.

It's actually alright with my Vega FE and a freesync monitor. I need a new desk chair now :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: HLJ
Yeah my 5820k@4.2 is pretty old but still it seems a gpu limitation, as gpu usage is still 100%. Fps increase when I lower résolution (or use cas).

EDIT : all right, I was wrong on my previous posts. i did some of my tests on a small "house" outside the city, and when I was talking about looking at the sky, it was at a ceiling. When I look at a "real" sky, the fps goes up (around 90fps) so it's ok.

It's actually alright with my Vega FE and a freesync monitor. I need a new desk chair now :eek:

You did not see the ceiling? :p

I decided to buy a new monitor to replace my old Dell 4K monitor (which is so old that it can't play 4K video in Netflix, also there's a dead ant on the inside of the panel). I went for the LG 27GN950B, which is a 4K IPS panel supporting up to 144Hz with Freesync and is G-Sync compatible. Now, Cyberpunk 2077 feels much more smooth, although the FPS is largely the same (as I didn't get a new GPU). HDR is also a nice plus.

question if you turn on g-sync in the drivers should you enable v-sync in game ?

To my understanding, if you turn off v-sync and the frame rate exceeds the maximum possible fps of the monitor, it'll still have tearing.
If a game has an in-game frame limiter, you can set it slightly below the maximum FPS of the monitor to avoid this, or you can enable v-sync in game (but it might increase input lag a bit, or so I've heard).

Just an observation 55fps is now considered terrible
I'm old school, I can still handle 55fps. :cool:

To my understanding, if you turn off v-sync and the frame rate exceeds the maximum possible fps of the monitor, it'll still have tearing.
If a game has an in-game frame limiter, you can set it slightly below the maximum FPS of the monitor to avoid this, or you can enable v-sync in game (but it might increase input lag a bit, or so I've heard).
I turn off v-sync and set the in-game limiter to 60fps which is my refresh rate. If it has a max/min value I set them both to 60fps. I haven't seen tearing and haven't noticed input lag, but I'm not a twitch gamer so I'm not that observant of lag unless it's bad.

I'm old school, I can still handle 55fps. :cool:

I turn off v-sync and set the in-game limiter to 60fps which is my refresh rate. If it has a max/min value I set them both to 60fps. I haven't seen tearing and haven't noticed input lag, but I'm not a twitch gamer so I'm not that observant of lag unless it's bad.

It is not like CP2077 is a twitch shooter anyways ;)

Pretty comprehensive patch, most notably I can finally play with 30FPS in 2560x1440 maxed on my 6800XT ;)

RT is on and it tanks FPS by roughly 50%, but change to FHD and the game is quite playable with average 40-50FPS in city center with lots of NPC's and cars. I can find spots where it goes down to low 30's.

Tomorrow I will have some fun with the game again.

PS. Police response is waaaay better now and fun to mess with.

Hostile NPCs don't respawn as often either. I ran around a block I used to grind tech and quickhack kills and you have to go very far away now before the enemies respawn.

Performance wise, I don't really notice a difference. But I've got a 2070 Super. DLSS is a godsend in this game. I have a 1080p monitor but run cyberpunk at 1440 with performance DLSS, which I believe runs the game at the same internal res as 1080p balanced. But at 1440 I get better edge quality and less noise in the reflections. 40-50 fps is what I get also, but it's enough for this game. Also, the game now doesn't seam to like changing resolutions until I restart. If I set a resolution higher, the screen renderes the same amount of pixels and cuts off the bottom and right sides of the screen to fit. Lower resolution and it fills the screen with noise where the game screen isn't. So if I drop to 720p, it's a 720p box in the left hand side of the screen and a border on the top and bottom that looks like residual stuff from the previous resolution screen. Restarting the game scales everything correctly.

Back