MY POWER IS BACK ON!

I assume you live in Texas then? Definitely making the news here ... Pretty harsh conditions for some!

I assume you live in Texas then? Definitely making the news here ... Pretty harsh conditions for some!

Nah, he's fortunate to not be there. He's in Indina / Illinois region if my memory serves me right.

Texas is in all kinds of hurt because their power grid is setup for maximum profits. Its set for barely outpacing the peak load in the summer where one cools their homes from 100 F down to 70 F. They power down several power generation substations in the winter because their typical temps are in the 60s. So many don't use that much power. Now they're having to deal with load of heating from 0 F upto 70 F. They're just not setup for that because it doesn't happen and it wouldn't be as profitable for all the private energy companies. They have been fortunate in that most of their renewable energy sources have been more efficient than they were designed for, some providing 130% energy over what it was meant to do.

Unfortunately because Texas is one of the few (possibly the only) state where the industry is deregulated the turbines were not winter proofed which they would have been if they were regulated. Canada, Alaska, Russia and Scandinavian countries dont have their turbines freezing up. Fox news and republicans blamed the power cuts on the wind power with no mention that most of the power shortage was because instruments on gas,coal and nuclear power stations froze up could that be because the fossil fuel industry donates to republican politicians - who knows ;)

Digi found some coins for the meter ;)

Texas was just arrogant and refused to take climate change in to effect and plan accordingly even though there were lots of people aware and screaming about the problem.

No, I live in NW Indiana. Affectionately known as "Da Region" we're the bit of Indiana closest to Chicago so we're on their time zone and get all their broadcasts. (Back when location was a thing for that.)

We're the bluest part of the state, the Region is hardline liberal democrats while the rest of Indiana doesn't seem to be so much. I actually moved the the newest boundary where the Region is bumping in to Southern Indiana, (what we call everywhere else in Indiana), so it's weird as hell. A mix of Bears flags and Colts flags, and the McDonalds around here give out Colt cups in football season instead of Bears ones like back home. Also odd to see the mix of libs living next to conservatives, which is where I'm at, but they're nice enough people except for their political/social views. We help each other out and try to not talk too much about stuff that we disagree on and it works out well.

We've been buried in about 22" of snow around my house, there's a farm behind our subdivision so the snow drifts can get damned scary. Our driveway was almost impassable, until I smashed it all down in a 20 minute fit with my wife's Jeep. Made it so I could at least get my car out and power up it.

Then we got another foot or so over the last few days and my car was going no where. I'm still working on my snow thrower, my neighbor came over to give me a hand and we both were stumped. I researched it, got the bits I need ordered, but my wife couldn't even get the Jeep up the driveway last night. So I gave up and called a plow guy.

Shockingly one came by last night for me at 10:30pm and did an awesome freaking job! Picts later when I go throw some salt on it, but he said it would take about 20 minutes when he got here and he didn't leave until an hour later. He wanted $150 for it, but I talked him in to $160 because that's all I had and he damn well deserved it! He doesn't usually do residential, but he was between snow storms and apparently likes monies. We're friends now.

Having power back is great, me winning my running battle to keep our furnace going just one more season is still working as long as I play with it every day/other day, and now we actually have transportation again. Life is pretty good, a lot better than a few days ago.

I feel for the people in Texas. We're used to bad winters here and ready for them and we STILL have problems and need to shut down. I can't even picture how bad it is when they have no cold weather plans at all in place, it scares the shit out of me for how bad it is and will get for them. :(

They just need to plan and take a vacation to Cancun...
Did you know I got married there? Me and Chrissy invited anyone who wanted to come to our wedding, and we held it in Cancun. Only her parents showed up. (My brother was getting married in Hawaii that year, most of my side went there)

I've been to Cancun a few times since and it went from beautiful to the party capital of the world. Whistle bars and 24/7 partying is the order of business there, and he's saying he went because his 10 and 12 year old daughters wanted to go with friends and he was just flying them out there to drop them off? Something don't add up.

Also, this is hilarious. A fake made a video claiming to be his spokesman and people don't seem to realize it's fake. ROFL

and he's saying he went because his 10 and 12 year old daughters wanted to go with friends and he was just flying them out there to drop them off? Something don't add up.
39461692-9273075-Cruz_is_shown_with_his_wife_Heidi_right_and_one_of_his_two_daugh-a-4_1613700249278.jpg

What doesnt add up is his wife was on the same flight!

I suppose you can make a weak case if the childern were gonna fly down alone (and being meet at the airport by his wife or someone) but if she was on the same flight then there is zero case for him to accompany them on the flight only to near instantly to come back to texas.

But this is the thing with 4 years of trump after all his blatant lying to the public . Cruz now believes he can just straight treat Texans as idiots and bald face lie to their faces

But this is the thing with 4 years of trump after all his blatant lying to the public . Cruz now believes he can just straight treat Texans as idiots and bald face lie to their faces
I didn't see a photo of his flight back, I'm wondering if he flew back with his luggage or if he thought I better leave this here in Mexico and my wife can bring it back otherwise it's a bad look. I assume the latter but the former wouldn't surprise me.
Reporter to ted 'why did you take a suitcase of your clothing to Mexico if you were only accompanying your wife and children on the flight'
Ted 'um yes we'll there's a perfectly reasonable explanation ......'

Back